OT would like some recs NYC

Advertisement
If you wanna stay in Soho, check out one of these two off spring street:
- Boqueria (Spanish tapas brunch - lively scene)
- Raoul’s (French bistro and an excellent brunch spot...it’s been around about 50 years)

Or my Personal Favorite:
- Crosby Bar (in the Crosby hotel - really, really good scene)

I live in TriBeCa - walking distance to soho and I go to all these spots pretty often

Balthazar on Spring Street...Lively, French bistro food,,,

Cote. Korean BBQ/Steakhouse - so fire!

IIRC, we did the butchers feast which is a pretty good value option where they bring you a few different cuts of steak. Even the side dishes (banchan) they serve are sooo good. We ended up splurging to try the 100+ day dry aged rib eye which had unreal flavor.

Momofuku in Columbus Circle is a good spot as well.

Advertisement
Cote. Korean BBQ/Steakhouse - so fire!

IIRC, we did the butchers feast which is a pretty good value option where they bring you a few different cuts of steak. Even the side dishes (banchan) they serve are sooo good. We ended up splurging to try the 100+ day dry aged rib eye which had unreal flavor.

Momofuku in Columbus Circle is a good spot as well.

I haven’t eaten at Cote yet but I will try it soon. You’re about the umpteenth person I’ve met that raves about that place

Advertisement
Del Frisco's is good, but I prefer The Palm.

Also Red Rooster in Harlem is owned by celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson a bit of a hidden gem because of the location.

I know this is blasphemous, And yes, Samuelson is a great chef, but I am not high on Red Rooster. I like the place and have eaten there a few times, but I’m not “in love” with it, if that makes sense.

The vibe is awesome, but I’ve had REAL lip smacking southern food in the south (ATL, Charleston, and my Grandma and aunts kitchens etc) and his take on southern dishes just don’t measure up. The food is good, and it’s a fun scene, but I don’t think the food itself is worthy of of the hype.

Some good ideas have been thrown out. If you like Vodka, Aquavit is a unique experience. Also, if you like a good old piece of American drinking history stop by Mcsorelys. What are you planning to do besides eating a drinking?

Kid started Columbia last Fall so been twice last 5 months, no subway, uber or lyft...the only subway we do is Barcelona, our fav places to eat were hole in the wall with lines all over, did a lot of touristy stuff, thats all I got...

Going for a long weekend with the wifey for Valentine's. I'm a NYC virgin and would love some food recs. Staying midtown. Give me the you don't want to pass . Staying Thursday to Monday.

Don't eat in MIDTOWN!

Bar Sardine
Jeffrey's Grocery (great any time, but go for brunch)
Il Buco Alimentari
Frank on 2nd ave between 5th and 6th (cash only, but well worth it)
The Jones
Portale
Kura (sushi)
i Sodi
Atoboy
Davelle
King
Uncle Boons
Llama-San
Hanoi House
Madame Vo
Fish Cheeks
Via Carota
etc...
Amor y Amargo - a small bar, but the best in the city. Unpretentious, but only serves ****tails. Tiny so go early or go late

Advertisement
Advertisement
Regrettably, I have not. I rarely venture out of Palm Beach County. I've heard good things and it's on my list to try now that Okeechobee Steakhouse raised their prices.
Okee is very pricey, not worth the dollars imho

Heck, I was happy with the shrimp fra diavolo at Da Nico in Little Italy followed by a cannoli at Ferrara.

I can make a steak at home as good as almost anywhere except maybe Okeechobee Steakhouse because their au poivre is better.
My Au Poivre is Ed Reed Worthy...

It reopened. It reopened about 3 years ago. And yes, it’s similar
That’s low key. I’m sure I checked the last few times in town .... albeit via the web mostly and one walk-by and it was said to be closed. Thanks for the heads up

Advertisement
Back