OT Italian and seafood ft Lauderdale

I honestly didn't want to leave Tuscany....Montalcino Reds sh*t on ANY Wine in the world....And France...im talking to you....Lol....CaneinOrlando keeps it at home at all times...Total Wine has an excellent selection of Italian Reds...from $$ to $$$$....
Couldn't agree more, brother. Sounds like we are cut from the same stone.

Advertisement
Had better Italian food in NYC and Boca area than Italy. Although, never been to northern Italy.

I honestly didn't want to leave Tuscany....Montalcino Reds sh*t on ANY Wine in the world....And France...im talking to you....Lol....CaneinOrlando keeps it at home at all times...Total Wine has an excellent selection of Italian Reds...from $$ to $$$$....

Agree on smaller producers being better but those Brunellos need to sit a LONG time. Patience is a virtue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not. I was there last July and went to Rome, Florence, Tuscany, and Venice. Some places were good but I never found anything that amazing or out of this world.
I Honestly don't know what to tell you....The MAJORITY of Italian Food in America is terribly Americanized....but what do I know about Italian food??

Advertisement
Lot of similarities beginning with mothers pushing food like crack
LOL absolutely. Those cultures have so many similarities. Another is how both use guilt in droves as a glue to keep the family tight. Lol My mother in law is 2nd generation italian from Bologna and my FIL is ******. They met in Brooklyn. Lived on a street where one side were Italian and the other jews. Didnt mingle much. They grew a forbidden attraction from across the block like a freakin west wide story! Lol

MIL calls it gravy as well. She also calls any shape of pasta "macaroni" which drives me insane. Hahah

LOL absolutely. Those cultures have so many similarities. Another is how both use guilt in droves as a glue to keep the family tight. Lol My mother in law is 2nd generation italian from Bologna and my FIL is ******. They met in Brooklyn. Lived on a street where one side were Italian and the other jews. Didnt mingle much. They grew a forbidden attraction from across the block like a freakin west wide story! Lol

MIL calls it gravy as well. She also calls any shape of pasta "macaroni" which drives me insane. Hahah
@"For_The_U,...My parents met in Brooklyn in the 30s....My Father and Grandfather owned a ****** Deli and Meat Market that my Mom would frequent for lunch...Crazy the similarities...

Agree on smaller producers being better but those Brunellos need to sit a LONG time. Patience is a virtue.
100%. Brunello that is too young is basically unpalatable. Thats why even tho a Brunello is what first gave me the wine bug many years ago (1997 Pian delle Vigne) and I still rank it as my #1 varietal in the world, I tend to drink more super tuscans than Brunellos. Not that some super tuscans dont need years resting as well, but many of them are more approachable than pure Brunellos. I had a 100% Syrah from a small winery in Montalcino once that was absolutely to die for. It was singing after just an hour or two decant even though it was their most recent vintage. Im just not at a point in life where Im generally able to have properly matured wines.

**** this conversation makes me want to go back to tuscany!! Lol

Advertisement
Back