OT Italian and seafood ft Lauderdale

That's my wife's lane right there. I want to visit Sicily bad. Same with the Amalfi Coast. It'd be hard for me to justify going back to Italy again right now though, solely because I have been twice. There are a handful of other places in Europe I have not been to that I feel like I need to go see first. Ireland is presently on top of that list.
My GF is a Capers Fanatic....I make her Chicken Picatta atleast 3 times a month...Lol....I'm not a Huge Sardines guy...but its an absolute Must as an ingredient for Caesar Salad....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mom and Dad were both born in Europe...Mom in Calabria...Dad in Romania (Austrian & Romanian parents)...Mom grew up in the Flatbush Area...Dad, Sheepshead Bay....
My next door neighbors growing up hailed from Reggio. The son actually has made Calabria his permanent home. A unique culture within Italy.

Chicken Piccata always impresses Women...
Its been CaneinOrlando's go to for Many yrs....Lol....And easy af too make...same for Chicken Marsala...same cooking methods...just different Wine and ingredients....Unfortunately CaneinOrlando's GF cant make Toast...Lol...

Advertisement
My GF is a Capers Fanatic....I make her Chicken Picatta atleast 3 times a month...Lol....I'm not a Huge Sardines guy...but its an absolute Must as an ingredient for Caesar Salad....
I'm not big on sardines either... but I didn't know you can use them instead of anchovies in a Caesar salad.

I'm not big on sardines either... but I didn't know you can use them instead of anchovies in a Caesar salad.
You can...but I use Anchovies instead (Paste form)....absolute must in the dressing...If done tableside....The waiter or Maitre D' will use the fork to mush them in the Wooden Bowl...(at home I just use a food processor)....

You can...but I use Anchovies instead (Paste form)....absolute must in the dressing...If done tableside....The waiter or Maitre D' will use the fork to mush them in the Wooden Bowl...(at home I just use a food processor)....

I use either. Super lazy Caesar just toss some worchester, lemon juice, mayo, anchovy pack, garlic, olive oil in a blender and add water until it's the consistency you want.

Advertisement
I remember back over 30 years ago when anchovies were more in vogue... and anchovy pizza was common along with serving them as hors d'oeuvres. I guess they went along with a glass of tomato juice with a meal.

I use either. Super lazy Caesar just toss some worchester, lemon juice, mayo, anchovy pack, garlic, olive oil in a blender and add water until it's the consistency you want.
The Maitre D' Tableside Shtick is nothing but for show....Same thing, and results can be done in Kitchen....

Northern Italian is a completely different type of food than Southern Italy...Much lighter sauces....Sicily uses alot of Anchovies and Capers...

This is what i've heard, and much prefer those lighter sauces. What are some traditional northern dishes?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back