OT Italian and seafood ft Lauderdale

LOL absolutely. Those cultures have so many similarities. Another is how both use guilt in droves as a glue to keep the family tight. Lol My mother in law is 2nd generation italian from Bologna and my FIL is ******. They met in Brooklyn. Lived on a street where one side were Italian and the other jews. Didnt mingle much. They grew a forbidden attraction from across the block like a freakin west wide story! Lol

MIL calls it gravy as well. She also calls any shape of pasta "macaroni" which drives me insane. Hahah
Mom and Dad were both born in Europe...Mom in Calabria...Dad in Romania (Austrian & Romanian parents)...Mom grew up in the Flatbush Area...Dad, Sheepshead Bay....

Advertisement

Advertisement
Rocco's is overrated. Once the novelty of tableside guac wears off, its just another overpriced taco joint.
I don’t live in south Florida and when I first visited Fort Lauderdale I was told go to Rocco’s. Only been there once out of the 5 times we have visited.

Advertisement
Again...Cap'n Andersons, Panama City Bch....Thank me later....I've eaten Seafood throughout Fl for 38yrs....Show me better...
(Only Seafood Rest that came close was Marina Cafe Destin Fl in the early too mid 90s)

Go a little further north to Jetty's or U-Tiki for seafood. Brass Ring is a dump, but they have a new location in Jupiter that I haven't tried yet.
new location in Jupiter sucks, I love the original by my house, burgers were the best but went to crap when they changed the buns, I have been to U tiki but not jettys. another place similar to brass is pirates well, great food !

Advertisement
Aye. I havent been to parma or sicily. Tuscany is my favorite region in Italy. Best food (and wines) Ive ever had, and its not even close. Also the most beautiful earth ive ever seen.

The same thing I was saying above is true re visiting wineries. I was fortunate enough to be invited to a wedding in Montalcino. Home of Brunello, my favorite wines in the world. There are 4 or 5 big name vineyards there that everyone goes to. Yet those experiences are generic and lifeless. There are 100s of smaller family operations, many with barely a sign, that are exponentially better than those massive commerical operations. THEY are the true spirit of places like Montalcino. Yet if you didnt stray from the beaten paths you would never know.

If you could forward some info on these out of the way wineries, small operators, etc..it would be much appreciated... there’s a good chance I’ll be in Tuscany within the year. Thanks in advance

If you could forward some info on these out of the way wineries, small operators, etc..it would be much appreciated... there’s a good chance I’ll be in Tuscany within the year. Thanks in advance
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes These 3 are MUSTS....I'm talking the Best of The Best....I wanted to get back to Fl...and pack my Sh*t
Contucci
Principe Corsini
Avignonesi Winery....

Advertisement
In Miami there's a great little Italian restaurant in a ridiculous location inside a mall on SW 87Ave/Sunset called Salvatore D.

Sicily uses alot of Anchovies and Capers...
That's my wife's lane right there. I want to visit Sicily bad. Same with the Amalfi Coast. It'd be hard for me to justify going back to Italy again right now though, solely because I have been twice. There are a handful of other places in Europe I have not been to that I feel like I need to go see first. Ireland is presently on top of that list.

Advertisement
Back