OT Italian and seafood ft Lauderdale

2 years ago I went to Budapest, rented a car, and drove to Dubrovnik. Went through Austria and saw a bunch of castles in the way, then drove down the coast in Croatia and went to a few islands....it's an amazing country.
I would love that trip! I did not appreciate how gorgeous croatia is until recently.

Advertisement
Depends where in Italy...food in Venice was mierda. Florence and Pisa on the other hand :6fps6:

You nailed it, Venice is a stunning city but is also famous for the “menu turistico” (a mix of low quality Italian food only good for the inexperienced tourist and VERY VERY expensive).

I live near Florence btw

Advertisement
You nailed it, Venice is a stunning city but is also famous for the “menu turistico” (a mix of low quality Italian food only good for the inexperienced tourist and VERY VERY expensive).

I live near Florence btw

Too bad the Marine Corps didn't have such duty stations when I was active :grumpy:

Making a Rome-Florence-Venice trip next spring. I'd love to know some good places as well as cheap travel tips.

Advertisement
@caneinorlando i know you will disagree based on price of pasta alone,but tonight went to Marea in NYC. High Italian (this place is two Michelin stars) done to perfection.
Not disagreeing...and I've eaten & worked at High end Italian Rests....but I can only Speak for myself, knowing the Trade like I do...But a $25 Plate of Pasta Pomodoro at a High end Italian Rest, can easily be obtained at some Mom & Pop Italian Restaurants for $12-$14 and more often than not, just as Good if not better...I cringe when I hear people paying $25+ for Chicken Picatta...when the total food cost is $4-$5....Makes no sense to me...but to each his own...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I live off 17th and Gilbert's is trash. Try Charm City or Tucker Dukes.
I went there once based on the great reviews. Ordered a steak, and it might have been the worst food item I’ve ever been served. It was like they boiled a chunk of gristle and flung it on a plate.

Maybe they’ve upgraded their cook (the mangler of my alleged steak was a youngish woman who appeared to be related to the owners) since that abomination, but it was remarkably bad.

Is Charm City Italian? Baltimore's nickname is Charm City.

And there is a section of Baltimore known for Italian restaurants.

I wonder if the Charm City restaurant you talk about has roots in Baltimore.

EDIT: Nah...looked it up. Obviously no connection to the Italian restaurants of Baltimore.

Charm City had three health department closing in the month of Dec 2018 alone.

Yech!

Last edited:
Is Charm City Italian? Baltimore's nickname is Charm City.

And there is a section of Baltimore known for Italian restaurants.

I wonder if the Charm City restaurant you talk about has roots in Baltimore.

EDIT: Nah...looked it up. Obviously no connection to the Italian restaurants of Baltimore.

Charm City had three health department closing in the month of Dec 2018 alone.

Yech!
Don't know about Italian...but **** their Crab Cakes are Unbelievable...and there's a Pit Beef place thats off the charts...

Advertisement
Back