OT Italian and seafood ft Lauderdale

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not going down the Italian rabbit hole debate but I will say that Runway 84 is always fun for people watching. Always an array of wannabe (or occasionally legit) mafioso and the interesting women they attract.

Off topic but Gilbert's on 17th street in Lauderdale is the best burger in Broward, imo.
Kudos on the Gilbert's ref. Owner used to own KC Steakhouse on University and Stirling one of the stop Steakhouses in SoFla for a while.

Kudos on the Gilbert's ref. Owner used to own KC Steakhouse on University and Stirling one of the stop Steakhouses in SoFla for a while.

Wow. I didn't know that. Lenore (the wife/mom) is great people. Don't sleep on their cookies and desserts either!

Advertisement
Casa D'Angelo for a great Italian meal. If you drink then go to Matoranos for Italian. They play gangster movies while you eat. It's fun. Guys on here talking about Louie Bossi are plebs. Runway 84 is good for classic Italian.

The best seafood is tough. It depends on what you want. The best lobster bisque and clam strips in the world are served at Kelly's Landing. There's no place in Boston that comes close. A great piece of fish can be had pretty much anywhere.

Giannis is good but not great. Never understood how he can own a restaurant like that and be anorexic skinny. I gain 20 pounds just from the aroma. This place is New York Italian. La Veranda which is just down the street is more authentic. Again good not great.

Ive heard great things about Veranda. Havent tried them yet. Its all about the sauce for me. And Giannis is top notch. Martaranos has one of the best steaks I ever had. But I was disappointed with everything else I had from there. Over rated imo, and I need good bread at an italian spot. Best thing Runway has is the muscles and the bread.

Advertisement
If you're talking Italian in Fort Lauderdale, it's Anthony's Runway 84 or Valentino's. Everything else is a distant second. Valentino's is better food, Runway is better ambiance.
Totally forgot about Val's. That place is elite as long as you're not really hungry.

Been to Italy. Food is over-hyped.
You must have gotten suckered into eating at touristy spots. The authentic rustic cooking there is as good as anywhere else in the world. In fact, in my book it's #1. Always have to stray off beaten paths to truly experience other countries' cuisine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's a lot of good seafood... jeez this is S. FL.
My favorite is Blue Moon Fish Co. off Commercial and the Intracoastal
an.jpg

Casa D’Angelo (Federal just north of Sunrise) for Tuscan style and Anthony’s Runway 84 for Traditional Red Sauce variety. Different experiences but great food at both. Casa D has a sick wine list if that’s what you prefer.

Advertisement
Back