Oregon/Mario

Not picking on him. If you want a average coach we could go after Randy Edsall.

yes they beat Ohio st without Ohio st‘s best player who will be taken in 1st rd. I just don’t understand the Mario obsession when there’s many better hc’s to target who are less expensive
How many P5 conference championship and major bowl champs are possibly available? Even if he wins the Pac 12 this year we will still have posters bringing up FIU or Cal game.

Bring in the Iceman his kids **** the bed yesterday. I can give you a dozen guys to include Cristobol who would be the best since Davis.

Advertisement
National spotlight on Luigi next week and they're absolutely going to **** the bed. UCLA is not THAT good either but it'll be clear that even now Chip is a much better gameday coach.

Not picking on him. If you want a average coach we could go after Randy Edsall.

yes they beat Ohio st without Ohio st‘s best player who will be taken in 1st rd. I just don’t understand the Mario obsession when there’s many better hc’s to target who are less expensive
You realize Oregon was without there best player and #1 overall pick?

Advertisement
I’ll give you that, you need QBs but WR are a dine a dozen. You win titles by recruiting stud interior guys
OL and DL are musts, sure. But a portal transfer from BC isn't winning any titles either. Brown is not Wlson, Murray, or Mayfield.

This isn't a question of one or the other.

Advertisement
So Mario is currently 5-1 & on pace to win his 3rd PAC-12 title, plus is getting paid $4.4mill per currently with a $9 million dollar buyout that decreases to $6.5mill in January, which means Miami would have to offer him at the least a $5-6+mill contract plus play almost an additional $10mill for the buyout...

Can someone honestly tell me what reason does Mario have to leave Oregon to come here?? He’s more successful at a better program with better resources & more support & has no issue landing high level recruits, so what fckin reason would he leave that come here & deal with this sh*t show??

And no, “He loves Miami!” is not a legit reason...
There is no reason for him to leave.

So Mario is currently 5-1 & on pace to win his 3rd PAC-12 title, plus is getting paid $4.4mill per currently with a $9 million dollar buyout that decreases to $6.5mill in January, which means Miami would have to offer him at the least a $5-6+mill contract plus play almost an additional $10mill for the buyout...

Can someone honestly tell me what reason does Mario have to leave Oregon to come here?? He’s more successful at a better program with better resources & more support & has no issue landing high level recruits, so what fckin reason would he leave that come here & deal with this sh*t show??

He has reasons to leave, he has reasons to stay. Whatever he thinks, we still have to pay 10 million to buy out his contract. Don't have a problem with hiring Cristobal but I don't think he is worth a 10 mil buyout. Take that 10 million and give it to Tom Herman to hire an elite staff. Seems like a better use of money (I'm actually a Lane Train guy but I don't know his buyout)

Advertisement

I'm of the opinion it's a bad fit on both ends. I'm clearly a detractor of his but I also think he might be able to max out his $$$ and success at Oregon and could have one "bigger" job in his future ala a USC type or mayyybe something back in the SEC (or even Big Ten). I obviously think he'd definitely then be exposed but it's still a better career path than coming here and failing.

He has reasons to leave, he has reasons to stay. Whatever he thinks, we still have to pay 10 million to buy out his contract. Don't have a problem with hiring Cristobal but I don't think he is worth a 10 mil buyout. Take that 10 million and give it to Tom Herman to hire an elite staff. Seems like a better use of money (I'm actually a Lane Train guy but I don't know his buyout)
It would be the most *** backwards move a HC has ever made in college football IMO.

It would be the equivalent of Lincoln Riley leaving Oklahoma to take the job at Kansas or Nebraska.

I seriously can’t think of one logical reason for Cristobal to leave Oregon for Miami...

There is no reason for him to leave.
On paper, no, but something that doesn’t seem to get discussed is a lot of these coaches have huge egos. He may think he’s the one that can fix his alma mater and bring them back. He would be considered a hero.

Advertisement
Oregon barely beat Cal in Eugene. Cal is 1-5 with a win against Sac ST 😆 but we need Mario!!!! Hire him now!!!!
Hey, my Hornets are moving up in their conference! Cal can like me nutz. Stingers up!

Busting balls man, you are totally correct with what you said. Oregon should have ***** slapped them.

My point exactly.
I have said the same thing when naming coaches I want here. The only team that slow down his recruiting is USC. They are a good coach and 2-3 years away from that. If he makes to the CFP. He will completely own the west recruiting wise and might start getting kids from Texas. He will will be like Pete Carroll for Oregon

I'm of the opinion it's a bad fit on both ends. I'm clearly a detractor of his but I also think he might be able to max out his $$$ and success at Oregon and could have one "bigger" job in his future ala a USC type or mayyybe something back in the SEC. I obviously think he'd definitely then be exposed but it's still a better career path than coming here and failing.
If it was speculated he might leave Oregon for LSU that would make perfect sense & I would actually agree with it...

But Miami?? No coach in their right mind leaves a better program to come to Miami lol

I’ve always brought up the fact that he has those few games a year where they underwhelm against a lesser opponent. However, he’s an upgrade over Manny and I think he’d kill it recruiting down here.

I don’t know if that is enough, but after listening to that OBB interview with Zo… gotta get those dominoes falling.

Advertisement
Back