Oregon/Mario

I have my concerns about Mario but what coach hasn’t had bad moments this year. I’ll take what he brings. Hiring good assistant coaches, great evaluation and great recruiting. We haven’t had that happen since Butch.

Advertisement
Freeze just lost at home outright as a 32.5 point fave. I think he's reached his ceiling at Liberty so wouldn't mind kicking the rocks on him but he's not in my top 3.

I would be over the moon with Freeze.

Say what you want about UL-Monroe game but its only his second G5 loss since he's been there.

Advertisement
Cal would have trouble beating Central or STA.

Mario is one of those coaches who coaches to the level of his opponent. Better than anything we have now, but we’re not getting a Natty with that.

Oregon barely beat Cal in Eugene. Cal is 1-5 with a win against Sac ST 😆 but we need Mario!!!! Hire him now!!!!
Come on...you can be better than this.

I not a big Mario guy but this is nonsense. Week after week picking apart a coach's last game.
This isn't even a loss...just not a good enough win.

I know this is more about you trying to dunk on Mario lovers but he didn't even lose.

No coach is perfect. No coach is going to win every game. no coach is going win every game by 40.

Advertisement

I not a big Mario guy but this is nonsense. Week after week picking apart a coach's last game.

I know this is more about you trying to dunk on Mario lovers but he didn't even lose.

No coach is perfect. No coach is going to win every game. no coach is going win every game by 40.
If it was a one-time thing then sure. But Mario finds himself in these type of games all the time. It was 24-19 going into the 4th quarter against Arizona a couple of weeks ago. Arizona was starting a USF transfer who couldn't win the job there and was on his way to throwing 5 picks. And yet still it was a game going into the 4th. 21-21 going into the 4th against Fresno State. Thats not a bad team. They're an App State level program. We sat through that and people were furious. Mario lost to Oregon State last year. A rival that went 2-5. If you're ok with playing lesser opponents in one possession games consistently then Mario is your guy. He may win more than he loses but that is what you're in for.

It'll be the 2020 Miami season all the time with him. All that build the lines and have an identity stuff is fine talk but when the games are on you're gonna look up and find our team praying to stop GT on 4th down late in the game if Mario comes here. Thats who he is and he didn't even change when he had a potential NFL MVP as his QB. His supposedly really talented teams are always in life or death scraps in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement

Actually, he really can’t.

They're an App State level program. We sat through that and people were furious.
You make very good points and if your overall opinion is that you don't think he is a good coach I won't argue and I can respect that. Not a huge Mario guy either.

But this comment above just exposes the true intent.

Last edited:
You make very good points and if your overall opinion is that you don't think he is a good coach I won't argue and I can respect that. Not a hge mario guy either.

But this comment above just exposes the true intent.
The true intent is to say there are warning signs with Mario and transporting him to Miami isn't gonna make them go way like some people think. The Pac-12 north isn't any better than the ACC coastal and he struggles to put teams away there. When your team plays down to the competition so often what does that say about the coach?

Advertisement

Not picking on him. If you want a average coach we could go after Randy Edsall.
I believe he’s won 2 Pac 12 titles, and just had his OC almost die right before they lost to Stanford. Mario isn’t the best game day coach but he will recruit studs, lead a team that looks like a SEC school and have good coaches around him. He will hold players accountable.

How quickly we forget they beat Ohio St this year. At Miami there is no perfect hire unless it’s Saban.

Kiffin was fired at USC and didn’t do all that great at Tennessee.

We’d be lucky to get someone like Mario, is he perfect? No…. But these terrible week by week coaching takes are very canes Facebook page like.
yes they beat Ohio st without Ohio st‘s best player who will be taken in 1st rd. I just don’t understand the Mario obsession when there’s many better hc’s to target who are less expensive

The true intent is to say there are warning signs with Mario and transporting him to Miami isn't gonna make them go way like some people think. The Pac-12 north isn't any better than the ACC coastal and he struggles to put teams away there. When your team plays down to the competition so often what does that say about the coach?
Again, I cannot argue with your reasoning and opinion here.

Advertisement
Back