Oregon/Mario

Advertisement
I don’t disagree.

I’m not arguing Oregon is an immaculate program that no coach would ever leave, I’m saying Oregon’s situation is decidedly better than Miami’s & it doesn’t make sense for Cristobal to wanna leave there to come to Miami.

If I’m Cristobal, there’s a bunch of jobs I’d leave Oregon for, LSU, USC, Ole Miss, **** any job in the SEC except for Vanderbilt I would leave Oregon for, but for Miami?? No fckin way...

I’m not arguing in favor of Oregon, I’m simply pointing out the fact Miami is in the graveyard as a program & no coach leaves a place where they’ve already had success to willingly go to cemetery where they know for a fact they won’t have the support or the resources from the Admin to help them win.

Coaching in Miami is Outlaw work, you come down here, you’re on your own & you got 3 years to prove yourself or else you’re fired & you’re probably not gonna get another HC gig for a long time afterwards... Whether our fans realize it or not, there’s a gigantic “Come at your risk” sign that metaphorically hangs over the school, most good coaches avoid this place like the plague, access to South FL recruits be damned.
Ole Miss? Ufff

I don’t disagree.

I’m not arguing Oregon is an immaculate program that no coach would ever leave, I’m saying Oregon’s situation is decidedly better than Miami’s & it doesn’t make sense for Cristobal to wanna leave there to come to Miami.

If I’m Cristobal, there’s a bunch of jobs I’d leave Oregon for, LSU, USC, Ole Miss, **** any job in the SEC except for Vanderbilt I would leave Oregon for, but for Miami?? No fckin way...

I’m not arguing in favor of Oregon, I’m simply pointing out the fact Miami is in the graveyard as a program & no coach leaves a place where they’ve already had success to willingly go to a cemetery where they know for a fact they won’t have the support or the resources from the Admin to help them win.

Coaching in Miami is Outlaw work, you come down here you’re on your own & you got 3 years to prove yourself or else you’re fired & you’re probably not gonna get another HC gig for a long time afterwards... Whether our fans realize it or not, there’s a gigantic “Come at your risk” sign that metaphorically hangs over the school, most good coaches avoid this place like the plague, access to South FL recruits be damned.
thehll recruit better as an outside school than as the local school

Advertisement
I don’t disagree.

I’m not arguing in favor of Oregon, I’m simply pointing out the fact Miami is in the graveyard as a program & no coach leaves a place where they’ve already had success to willingly go to a cemetery where they know for a fact they won’t have the support or the resources from the Admin to help them win.

Coaching in Miami is Outlaw work, you come down here you’re on your own & you got 3 years to prove yourself or else you’re fired & you’re probably not gonna get another HC gig for a long time afterwards... Whether our fans realize it or not, there’s a gigantic “Come at your own risk” sign that metaphorically hangs over the school, most good coaches avoid this place like the plague, access to South FL recruits be damned.
Let’s all be real, the only reason Mario is even an option is because he played and bled for Miami and South Florida In general. Without that we’d never even in be consideration. It’s probably a pipe dream he’d say yes but we can all hope until he rejects us.

Tom. Herman.
let-me-make-the-call.gif

Let’s all be real, the only reason Mario is even an option is because he played and bled for Miami and South Florida In general. Without that we’d never even in be consideration. It’s probably a pipe dream he’d say yes but we can all hope until he rejects us.
To your point and in general answering why some of us want Mario.

I acknowledge this job aint all that desirable. I acknowledge its a tough sell for any successful and established P5 coach.

I just hope Mario can give us that slim hope because napier, freeze, campbell, fickell of the coaching world has way better options than our school.

Advertisement
He has reasons to leave, he has reasons to stay. Whatever he thinks, we still have to pay 10 million to buy out his contract. Don't have a problem with hiring Cristobal but I don't think he is worth a 10 mil buyout. Take that 10 million and give it to Tom Herman to hire an elite staff. Seems like a better use of money (I'm actually a Lane Train guy but I don't know his buyout)
He’s not worth that kind of buyout with Hugh Freeze sitting there. Some of our Houston posters haven’t been supportive of Herman though I don’t know on that one as I didn’t follow him. I am curious as to what Kiffin’s actual buyout is.

I don’t disagree.

Coaching in Miami is Outlaw work, you come down here you’re on your own & you got 3 years to prove yourself or else you’re fired & you’re probably not gonna get another HC gig for a long time afterwards... Whether our fans realize it or not, there’s a gigantic “Come at your own risk” sign that metaphorically hangs over the school, most good coaches avoid this place like the plague, access to South FL recruits be damned.
Objectively, I totally agree with Oregon being a more favorable job than Miami at the moment. But, and I’m genuinely asking here, you don’t think the allure of being “the guy” to take us back to the promised land interests Mario? A true Cuban from Westchester who played football and won two NC’s at Miami? Who’s mom for sure has a sewing kit in a Royal Dansk cookies tin can? Especially during his era when it wasn’t about top notch facilities and fancy multi-purpose buildings with recessed lighting?

I’d say the only reason Mario would come here is, and I hate to say this, to do what Lebron did for Cleveland and break the curse so to speak. I don’t know Mario. I don’t have any second cousin’s tia
Abuela who’s dog groomer is friends with Mario’s mom’s cleaning lady (that’s a lot of possessives and I’m sure I didn’t write that correctly). But I’d think that’s enough motivation for him to come on it’s own. It would be for me. The money will work itself out once he starts winning and the University starts seeing the big time money rolling in.

To your point and in general answering why some of us want Mario.

I acknowledge this job aint all that desirable. I acknowledge its a tough sell for any successful and established P5 coach.

I just hope Mario can give us that slim hope because napier, freeze, campbell, fickell of the coaching world has way better options than our school.

Ignoring whether they have better options or not
Napier - impressive start, but rolling the dice he's not Al Golden and can do the same at the P5 level
Freeze- could work, but not sure if Liberty U scrubbed his rep clean of ordering hookers with the Company phone and recruiting Violations
Campbell - I might be the only one, but I just don't buy the hype. If I'm not mistaken, in all the time he's been at Iowa State, he's had a grand total of 2 players drafted into the NFL. Something does not add up.
Fickell - I'm a fan but it will be tough to get him to leave the Midwest.

That leaves two candidates. Kiffin, who I think would do cartwheels if he got offered the job and Herman.

Advertisement
Napier - impressive start, but rolling the dice he's not Al Golden and can do the same at the P5 level
Freeze- could work, but not sure if Liberty U scrubbed his rep clean of ordering hookers with the Company phone and recruiting Violations
Campbell - I might be the only one, but I just don't buy the hype. If I'm not mistaken, in all the time he's been at Iowa State, he's had a grand total of 2 players drafted into the NFL. Something does not add up.

That leaves two candidates. Kiffin, who I think would do cartwheels if he got offered the job and Herman.
I can ride with Kiffin and Herman. Do we pay up to get kiffin? Do we strong arm both to hire an elite 4-3 D coordinator.

From what I remember Texas defense under Herman were cheeks and that team had a lot of blue chip talent.

Advertisement

I also wanted to say, if mel tucker wasnt a mich st alum i would consider him too.

Is it? have you watched Oregon play outside Ohio st? generally curious. I live west so I watch most pac 12 games. App st would murder cal and Eugene has a big home field advantage unlike the u
Well he’s better than Manny! A lot of teams aren’t blowing ppl out this yr. Did u see Clemson had to beat Syracuse on a last second FG Friday. Who cares how bad they beat Cal! They won!!!!! Something our coach isn’t doing! I’ll take Mario in a heartbeat

So Mario is currently 5-1 & on pace to win his 3rd PAC-12 title, plus is getting paid $4.4mill per currently with a $9 million dollar buyout that decreases to $6.5mill in January, which means Miami would have to offer him at the least a $5-6+mill contract plus play almost an additional $10mill for the buyout...

Can someone honestly tell me what reason does Mario have to leave Oregon to come here?? He’s more successful at a better program with better resources & more support & has no issue landing high level recruits, so what fckin reason would he leave that come here & deal with this sh*t show??

And no, “He loves Miami!” is not a legit reason...
A lot of posters will say family because it’s well rumored that his wife wants to come back to be closer to family and his mom is still here. However, he may want to be as FAR away as possible from his in laws and coaching in Oregon is the perfect excuse.

So I’m going to go with because he prefers to get his Cuban Coffee fresh from the walk up window at Versailles than those god forsaken K cups and he has a secret phobia of hippies.

Well he’s better than Manny! A lot of teams aren’t blowing ppl out this yr. Did u see Clemson had to beat Syracuse on a last second FG Friday. Who cares how bad they beat Cal! They won!!!!! Something our coach isn’t doing! I’ll take Mario in a heartbeat
who isn’t better then manny? Edsall maybe

Advertisement
Back