Ole Miss Recruiting

I don’t agree. I think it’s harder to recruit here because of the bags and politics.

Barry Jackson had an article today from Little Sr. saying we need to offer recruits earlier. This was one of the reasons he said we struggle to get recruits down here.

This is the BS we have to deal with. If you don’t offer a kid as his mom is going into labor it’s an insult and the kid is going elsewhere even though UM was his backup school at best.

But if you offer early and the kid doesn’t develop and you try and slow play him you get crushed by the locals.

Why do you think players like Pope played so much?

I assume whatever coach comes isn’t going to do as well as they are used to.
Miami is the only school that has to offer every kid when they’re in 8th grade. Then if the kid never pans out, you better not drop the offer because that’s somehow insulting to everyone. I don’t understand why local coaches have these ridiculous unrealistic expectations for Miami when it comes to their kids. Every kid needs to be offered and signed regardless of how good they are.

Advertisement
Miami is the only school that has to offer every kid when they’re in 8th grade. Then if the kid never pans out, you better not drop the offer because that’s somehow insulting to everyone. I don’t understand why local coaches have these ridiculous unrealistic expectations for Miami when it comes to their kids. Every kid needs to be offered and signed regardless of how good they are.

Still remember Mike Rumph at AMERICAN heritage saying UM shouldve offered nd recruited Sony Michel earlier.....Im in my head like dude...Sony got a um offer in the 8TH GRADEEE!!! LOL

Its a cesspool.

The worst part about it....they just WANT THE UM OFFER....its a placeholder type for them. they dont want the offer to commit ...they just want to say they have a UM offer when they see their other counterparts with one early.

My fear of Lane or any offensive whiz is that sometimes I feel like they believe in there offensive system more than the process of building a championship team. Sometimes those high powered offense guys slack because they feel like there system can overcome anything whether it be recruiting or defense

Advertisement
My fear of Manny or any defensive whiz is that sometimes I feel like they believe in there defensive system more than the process of building a championship team. Sometimes those high powered defensive guys slack because they feel like there system can overcome anything whether it be recruiting or offense.
It literally works both ways. If anything, some of these defensive guys are so hyper conservative, they shoot their own offenses in the foot. (See: taking a knee with 3 time outs and 1:30 still on the clock before half-time).

Has this been discussed (aside from generally saying Lane doesn’t like it)?

Per 247, Miss has the No.37 class.

13 commits, (3) 4stars and (10) 3 stars.

All 3 of the 4 stars are on the defensive side of the ball.

Highest offensive recruits are the No. 59 WR (439 overall) and No. 41 (502) OT.

If we are going to harp on Mario’s warts, let’s discuss Lane’s too.
So, how is Manny stacking up to Lane?

Advertisement
Lanes offense will recruit itself here skill player wise. Trenches and defense is where he would struggle.

Since when has Ole Miss been a recruiting powerhouse? The only time I remember is when they were caught cheating a few years ago.

Advertisement

They also have NCAA infractions...

Please. This is not even an apples to apples comparison. Mario has all the resources of Nike and is recruiting in Cali with USC, UCLA, Cal, and Stanford all down. He has little competition in recruiting. Meanwhile, Lane down there in poor *** Mississippi recruiting against the SEC giants.

The real measure is Lane is 9-2 in the SEC with only 1 top 20 class nationally in the last 4 years. More importantly, he hasn't had a class in the top 10 within the SEC. Meanwhile, Mario st 9-2 has had a top 15 class every year and the #1 recruiting class in the PAC-12 4 out of the last 5 years.

So, Lane has done much of the same with less. Mario, in true Miami fashion, underachieves with superior talent getting beat by inferior talent.

Advertisement
I don’t agree. I think it’s harder to recruit here because of the bags and politics.

Barry Jackson had an article today from Little Sr. saying we need to offer recruits earlier. This was one of the reasons he said we struggle to get recruits down here.

This is the BS we have to deal with. If you don’t offer a kid as his mom is going into labor it’s an insult and the kid is going elsewhere even though UM was his backup school at best.

But if you offer early and the kid doesn’t develop and you try and slow play him you get crushed by the locals.

Why do you think players like Pope played so much?

I assume whatever coach comes isn’t going to do as well as they are used to.
Little Sr is full of it. We've offered kids as early as 8th grade only to see them commit elsewhere under the notion "Miami didn't show love". We all know thats code language for bags.

If you're on the Lane train, but are vehemently opposed to Mike Leach you have some issues to deal with.

Lane is the Pirate what? 20 years younger? That's it.
I think ppl are opposed to Leach vs Lane is personality. Ppl think that Leach's personality would rub recruits the wrong way and really doesn't care for recruiting.

It literally works both ways. If anything, some of these defensive guys are so hyper conservative, they shoot their own offenses in the foot. (See: taking a knee with 3 time outs and 1:30 still on the clock before half-time).
Maybe its just me but I feel like I've seen more defensive coaches with elite offenses than I have Offensive coaches with elite defenses.

Total number of state of Mississippi class of 2022 top 5 HS commits:

Lane Kiffin: 1
Manny Diaz: 1

Total number of state of Mississippi class of 2022 top 20 HS commits:

Lane Kiffin: 3
Mike Leach: 8

Current recruiting rankings for 2022:

Ole Miss: 41
Miss St.: 25

And I assure you, Mike Leach is not known as a relentless recruiter.

Advertisement
Back