Ole Miss Recruiting

scrantoncane

Sophomore
Has this been discussed (aside from generally saying Lane doesn’t like it)?

Per 247, Miss has the No.37 class.

13 commits, (3) 4stars and (10) 3 stars.

All 3 of the 4 stars are on the defensive side of the ball.

Highest offensive recruits are the No. 59 WR (439 overall) and No. 41 (502) OT.

If we are going to harp on Mario’s warts, let’s discuss Lane’s too.

Advertisement

The Lane fan boys are in serious denial about his many flaws, recruiting being one of them.

Advertisement
Does Kiffin have a history of closing late?

I know Alabama / Georgia et al seem to have middling recruiting classes before flipping / closing everyone in the run up to NSD.

I think Lane knew awhile back this was going to be his last year there. Don’t think he put much effort into recruiting. Not a good look, tbh. Definitely a concern of mine with Miami. He’s not a program builder. And Miami would not be his intended final destination.

Advertisement

He just landed the #18 class after a 5-5 season. Are you talking about the 2022 class? Did I sleep through NSD? ****. What a shame that Paul Chryst apparently forgot how to recruit at Wisconsin and they finished with the 46th ranked class. Kyle Whittingham finished with the 73th ranked class. Wow.

I haven’t hit so many consecutive ✅ in a thread before. As if Manny is playing defense.

I like Lane. Great offensive mind. Bad a$$ Miami swagger.

One of the main reasons he’s running from Ole Miss is that he has no QB for next year and poor recruiting. Coming to Miami won’t change the fact he hates recruiting. He would have QBs here in Miami but needs to fill out the rest of the roster.

At best, he is Dan Mullen 2.0

Here is the top of the class from last year. There are no other 4 star offensive recruits besides these, and only 1 other defensive 4 star:

1637642495492.jpeg

who said he cant recruit?.

For gods sake its Ole Miss.....

And he still has a s.fla kid, and NJ, and a PA kid to go to bum**** Miss.

Yall trying tooooo hard. lol

Lane Kiffin would do well in s.fla recruiting as he previously did at FAU of all places and still will be able to pull some out of area guys with his name. He will also recruit the 1 **** Position u need to hit on and that is qb. Mario Cristobal cant identify or recruit a legit qb...I still cant get over dude trying to lock up Alin Edoard as our qb in a class

Advertisement
Didn't think about Lane and his recruiting struggles. Somehow I overlooked that aspect.

I think Mario is the clear best choice. Lane has never proven he's a good talent evaluator. That's a big time concern, at Miami we're still going to need to have good evals for the kids at the bottom of our class. Diaz was awful at that.

I think he would recruit better here at Miami. I would say my biggest worry is that Lane hasn’t really had consecutive great years.
I don’t agree. I think it’s harder to recruit here because of the bags and politics.

Barry Jackson had an article today from Little Sr. saying we need to offer recruits earlier. This was one of the reasons he said we struggle to get recruits down here.

This is the BS we have to deal with. If you don’t offer a kid as his mom is going into labor it’s an insult and the kid is going elsewhere even though UM was his backup school at best.

But if you offer early and the kid doesn’t develop and you try and slow play him you get crushed by the locals.

Why do you think players like Pope played so much?

I assume whatever coach comes isn’t going to do as well as they are used to.

I haven’t hit so many consecutive ✅ in a thread before. As if Manny is playing defense.

I like Lane. Great offensive mind. Bad a$$ Miami swagger.

One of the main reasons he’s running from Ole Miss is that he has no QB for next year and poor recruiting. Coming to Miami won’t change the fact he hates recruiting. He would have QBs here in Miami but needs to fill out the rest of the roster.

At best, he is Dan Mullen 2.0
Hence why pairing Kiffin and Zo would work out great from a talent acquisition standpoint

Advertisement
who said he cant recruit?.

For gods sake its Ole Miss.....

And he still has a s.fla kid, and NJ, and a PA kid to go to bum**** Miss
I can count on one hand the number of schools in America that can come close to Ole Miss when it comes to talent. I can’t imagine what an official visit looks like there. An SEC school with that much *** should not have any trouble pulling in a few 5*s every year.

That **** is garbage af do not want

Advertisement
Back