Ole Miss Recruiting

I think he would recruit better here at Miami. I would say my biggest worry is that Lane hasn’t really had consecutive great years.
But honestly..what makes you think that? I look at it like this, look at his HC stops; Tennessee recruits Tennessee..what i mean by that is they will usually recruit very well no matter who the HC is. On paper he brought in a solid class there.

USC: again it was recruiting itself after he took over after Pete. He didn’t really have to worry much about SEC powers (bama) because they weren’t really getting started while he was there. He was getting kids that were going to USC regardless at that time

Now Ole miss..8 wins, solid szn with a veteran bunch. Everyone for the most part has stayed healthy for him…but the recruiting clsss..nah

Advertisement
I’m tryna tell ppl..Lane, too me always striked as a weirdo..stuck up type ****..I don’t know the dude obviously lol. This year 2 at Ole ****..they been solid. But this class they have..and he has a support from Mississippi..if you know anything about that state, he has a support apparatus that would lend me to believe he should be recruiting much better..Hugh freeze was bringing in elite talent from that state. By hook or crook. So it could be done.

Lane is a strong no for me as the HC we need..I’d take him as a OC. But we know that’s not happening
Freeze is not a good example to use. Unless you want to vacate 33 wins over 6 years and endure a 2 year postseason ban.

His style of play, reputation, personality will appeal more to kids in Miami when recruiting them to Coral Gables than dragging them to Oxford. Every job he has had Lane recruited at a high level except Ole Miss. Oxford is not a easy place to get kids to come play. Lane doesn’t even want to be in Oxford and everyone knows. People bring up Freeze offense but he had NFL players on those Ole Miss teams but it come at a price. Before the hookers, Freeze had the NCAA on his *** when he brought in that highly rated class.

If I remember correctly they got hit with penalties for recruiting violations but thats what it takes to bring talent to Ole Miss.
Fair enough, but it is 100% projecting.

I mean, he only has 2 of the top 10 recruits in the state of Mississippi? Leach has 4, and even Miami has a recruit from miss that is rated higher than anyone Lane has (khamuri Rogers, No. 3 in Miss).

Jimmy’s & Joe’s over X’s and O’s when you get to the big leagues.

Advertisement
Miami winning and scoring points doesn’t recruit itself? Sorry *** Manny went 8-5 and brought in great talent last year. Don’t ignore the evidence.. Lane has recruited talent everywhere he goes.

But honestly..what makes you think that? I look at it like this, look at his HC stops; Tennessee recruits Tennessee..what i mean by that is they will usually recruit very well no matter who the HC is. On paper he brought in a solid class there.

USC: again it was recruiting itself after he took over after Pete. He didn’t really have to worry much about SEC powers (bama) because they weren’t really getting started while he was there. He was getting kids that were going to USC regardless at that time

Now Ole miss..8 wins, solid szn with a veteran bunch. Everyone for the most part has stayed healthy for him…but the recruiting clsss..nah
I hate coming across as a Kiffin apologist but I can't stand nonsense being spoken.

If Ole Miss wins the Egg Bowl this week they'll have won 10 games this year. They've only done that 7 times (6) in their history and only once in the 21st C.

He's lost a bunch of players to injury too - 9 of 11 starters didn't practice before the Liberty game. Pretty sure he's been down his top 2 WRs all year - and his starting RB.

Maybe he's not the right fit for us, but he's a **** good coach.

If you're on the Lane train, but are vehemently opposed to Mike Leach you have some issues to deal with.

Lane is the Pirate what? 20 years younger? That's it.

Advertisement
Fair enough, but it is 100% projecting.

I mean, he only has 2 of the top 10 recruits in the state of Mississippi? Leach has 4, and even Miami has a recruit from miss that is rated higher than anyone Lane has (khamuri Rogers, No. 3 in Miss).

Jimmy’s & Joe’s over X’s and O’s when you get to the big leagues.

He has Ole Miss recruiting National.
They got kids from fl, tn, ga, al ,tx, arkansas currently.

I think he would do find recruiting here. I mean he has Devin Bush in a recruiting role currently as a s.fla link alone

Freeze is not a good example to use. Unless you want to vacate 33 wins over 6 years and endure a 2 year postseason ban.
The SEC is a dirty game bruh. All these schools push the boundaries of the rules..It’s similar to when Texas snitched out SMU back in the day when they started getting Big time Texas prospects over the blue bloods..The powers that be turned in Ole miss lol

He wouldn’t stay at Miami more than 3 years

That concern can be addressed in a contract. If some NFL owner wants to pay UM $35 million to buyout Kiffins contract after 3 years, I'll buy plane tickets, fly down to Miami, and help pack his bags.

Advertisement
I hate coming across as a Kiffin apologist but I can't stand nonsense being spoken.

If Ole Miss wins the Egg Bowl this week they'll have won 10 games this year. They've only done that 7 times (6) in their history and only once in the 21st C.

He's lost a bunch of players to injury too - 9 of 11 starters didn't practice before the Liberty game. Pretty sure he's been down his top 2 WRs all year - and his starting RB.

What if Leach wins the egg bowl? Would you want him?

Listen, I would take either truth be told. I would also take Mario. However I would also take the dude at Delaware St, mainly because his name IS NOT Manny Diaz

I haven't. But he was on the same short list as Napier.
I've read multiple sources that the Florida AD has no interest in hiring Kiffin - it would be a huge personality clash. Also, what's the difference between Oxford and Gainesville from a cultural standpoint? I don't think Kiffin wants to remain in that atmosphere.

It's a bad fit on both ends. If it is Napier they've been working on it for a while and he's their #1 guy.

The SEC is a dirty game bruh. All these schools push the boundaries of the rules..It’s similar to when Texas snitched out SMU back in the day when they started getting Big time Texas prospects over the blue bloods..The powers that be turned in Ole miss lol

They didnt have to turn them in...it was plain obvious.

In what world is Ole Miss ever landing 5 stars from Florida and Georgia along with the midwest. Worst they were landing 5 stars theat were bag shopping lol (NKemdiche, Tunsil)

Advertisement
Oh yeah he absolutely got stitched up - you can't beat Saban at his own game and get away with it, but it's why Freeze is a bad example.

Kiffin isn't allowed to drop bags to that degree or they'd be buried again.

Offensively no doubt he’s a **** good coach. He’s doing **** good job at Ole miss this szn too. And your right about his top 2 targets being out..really I’m not arguing that he’s a incompetent coach. Personally I’m not fond of him. I’ll admit that. I wouldn’t want him heading my program..the recruiting aspect tho is a concern of mine. I wouldn’t want him near the top of the list..maybe I’ll be wrong and he goes somewhere and kills it. But I don’t see that

Lane just makes some offensive numbers .....super powers bring in elite recruits and win titles. U ain't winning titles the way Lane does it. It will look nice but we want dominant Miami teams again not some ole miss UCF ****.

What if Leach wins the egg bowl? Would you want him?

Listen, I would take either truth be told. I would also take Mario. However I would also take the dude at Delaware St, mainly because his name IS NOT Manny Diaz
Not at 60 years of age, no. He'd have been an interesting hire when we gave it to Shannon, but he ****ed up his interview. His time as a potential HC at the U has passed.

Advertisement
Back