Ole Miss Recruiting

Advertisement
Lane has never proven he's a good talent evaluator

What if I told you that despite losing 30 scholarships over a 3 year period at USC due to Pete Carroll's sanctions , in year 4, Kiffins recruits at USC went 10-4. Would that count as good talent evaluation? I'd like to know what standard you are using for good talent evaluation.

I can count on one hand the number of schools in America that can come close to Ole Miss when it comes to talent. I can’t imagine what an official visit looks like there. An SEC school with that much *** should not have any trouble pulling in a few 5*s every year.
You can have all the talent in the world its still bumf*ck Miss...and a dead end program. Why go there when they can get the same blondes at auburn or any other of the sec west schools. Then they split their state with another solid program.Looka t their best players recently...appears to be guys out of their area in Carrol and Elijah Moore (S.fla)

Sad Sports Bar GIF by Originals

Advertisement
You can have all the talent in the world its still bumf*ck Miss...and a dead end program. Why go there when they can get the same blondes at auburn or any other of the sec west schools. Then they split their state with another solid program.Looka t their best players recently...appears to be guys out of their area in Carrol and Elijah Moore (S.fla)
As an expert in this field, I assure you there is no comparison between Ole Miss and Auburn.

But seriously…I don’t doubt Lane’s ability to recruit; I’m worried about his commitment to it. He wouldn’t stay at Miami more than 3 years imo. For Mario, on the other hand, this would be his legacy job. Definitely something to consider in the overall calculus.

Funny how people here talk **** and have never stepped foot in Oxford, MS. For a young man, the female talent is just as good as what Miami has to offer plus they’re the top dog in a nice college town. I like and follow both the Canes and Rebels. The atmosphere for the A&M game 2 weeks ago was insane! This is from a fan’s perspective but tailgating in a parking lot doesn’t compare to walking down the Walk in the center of the Grove. With that said, Lane is already wearing thin and fast if he can’t make a commitment. OM will pay top dollar so it won’t be money why he leaves.

Advertisement
Why better at Miami? Not disagreeing, just curious.
His style of play, reputation, personality will appeal more to kids in Miami when recruiting them to Coral Gables than dragging them to Oxford. Every job he has had Lane recruited at a high level except Ole Miss. Oxford is not a easy place to get kids to come play. Lane doesn’t even want to be in Oxford and everyone knows. People bring up Freeze offense but he had NFL players on those Ole Miss teams but it come at a price. Before the hookers, Freeze had the NCAA on his *** when he brought in that highly rated class.

If I remember correctly they got hit with penalties for recruiting violations but thats what it takes to bring talent to Ole Miss.

To be fair Lane also had 3 top ten recruiting classes in 4 years at USC, two of those being #3 in the country. Recruited guys like Robert Woods, Su’a Cravens, and Leonard Williams. USC is as similar to a school/atmosphere to Miami as it gets. As long as he hires a proven DC I think he’d be perfect here.
One other thing being left out is that Lane can get any QB he wants.

Advertisement
As an expert in this field, I assure you there is no comparison between Ole Miss and Auburn.

But seriously…I don’t doubt Lane’s ability to recruit; I’m worried about his commitment to it. He wouldn’t stay at Miami more than 3 years imo. For Mario, on the other hand, this would be his legacy job. Definitely something to consider in the overall calculus.
If Lane is leaving in 3 years it means we have seen progress.

What good is a legacy coach that cant win or get over the hump?.

5 STARS GO TO ole miss for bags not girls. Thats the only time they will get them unles sthey are a local legacy.

Got**** Ed Orgeron was cheating and dropping bags and still couldnt land them at a clip...check Bruce Feldmans book about it.

I personally think like everyone else that Mario is the first choice....i personally like Lane more for here. But if we land Mario it is what it is. I see Kiffin as a better coach overall honestly.

But it seems like the powers that be have wanted Cristobal for 5+ years....well drop your nuts an go get em and lets roll

I don’t agree. I think it’s harder to recruit here because of the bags and politics.

Barry Jackson had an article today from Little Sr. saying we need to offer recruits earlier. This was one of the reasons he said we struggle to get recruits down here.

This is the BS we have to deal with. If you don’t offer a kid as his mom is going into labor it’s an insult and the kid is going elsewhere even though UM was his backup school at best.

But if you offer early and the kid doesn’t develop and you try and slow play him you get crushed by the locals.

Why do you think players like Pope played so much?

I assume whatever coach comes isn’t going to do as well as they are used to.
With everything you said Manny still pulled in a great class last year and that ***** can’t even recruit his position. Kids came even knowing his seat is hot. Its way easier to recruit at Miami than Ole Miss. I have never heard a Florida kid say “ Ole Miss is my first option”…..ever! They can’t even get away with dropping bags.

Little Sr is saying everything he is supposed to say when your kid is leaving the big 3 to play out of state. If Miami came off of back to back champion and offered his kid 2 weeks before signing day. He wouldn’t say a peep

Funny how people here talk **** and have never stepped foot in Oxford, MS. For a young man, the female talent is just as good as what Miami has to offer plus they’re the top dog in a nice college town. I like and follow both the Canes and Rebels. The atmosphere for the A&M game 2 weeks ago was insane! This is from a fan’s perspective but tailgating in a parking lot doesn’t compare to walking down the Walk in the center of the Grove. With that said, Lane is already wearing thin and fast if he can’t make a commitment. OM will pay top dollar so it won’t be money why he leaves.
You on crack or fent?

There is NO WHERE near the amount of talent in the city of Miami...now on campus maybe another thing.

Advertisement
Lane only wishes he had the success Leach has had. I get what you’re saying though but I am not downplaying Lane. He’s a great coach. His recruiting is at best average. It’s a fact!

He pulled players at Tennessee and USC. The metrics on it all are faulty because he left Tennessee after one year (pulled Bryce Brown, Nuke Richardson) and USC ended up on probation (released Seantrel Henderson).

If Lane goes into a South Florida high school with the U on his chest to talk to a star receiver and shows him Amari Cooper's first year production under him, I'm sure said kid would be receptive.

Has this been discussed (aside from generally saying Lane doesn’t like it)?

Per 247, Miss has the No.37 class.

13 commits, (3) 4stars and (10) 3 stars.

All 3 of the 4 stars are on the defensive side of the ball.

Highest offensive recruits are the No. 59 WR (439 overall) and No. 41 (502) OT.

If we are going to harp on Mario’s warts, let’s discuss Lane’s too.
I’m tryna tell ppl..Lane, too me always striked as a weirdo..stuck up type ****..I don’t know the dude obviously lol. This year 2 at Ole ****..they been solid. But this class they have..and he has a support from Mississippi..if you know anything about that state, he has a support apparatus that would lend me to believe he should be recruiting much better..Hugh freeze was bringing in elite talent from that state. By hook or crook. So it could be done.

Lane is a strong no for me as the HC we need..I’d take him as a OC. But we know that’s not happening

His style of play, reputation, personality will appeal more to kids in Miami when recruiting them to Coral Gables than dragging them to Oxford. Every job he has had Lane recruited at a high level except Ole Miss. Oxford is not a easy place to get kids to come play. Lane doesn’t even want to be in Oxford and everyone knows. People bring up Freeze offense but he had NFL players on those Ole Miss teams but it come at a price. Before the hookers, Freeze had the NCAA on his *** when he brought in that highly rated class.

If I remember correctly they got hit with penalties for recruiting violations but thats what it takes to bring talent to Ole Miss.
And honestly Ole Miss was 17th in recruiting last year (good for Ole Miss) and while I agree 37th isn’t good for this year, especially with their success, it seems like everyone suspects the Lane Train is leaving the station.

Advertisement
Back