Offseason Boredom: Lifters of the week!

If you're gonna refuse to tell the truth let's bring in a man who's reputation is beyond reproach and that reputation is the rep of an honest, fair, truthful man.

@Ecush
The truth is that @Dr.L.ThugU does frequent planet fitness on chest day because 50# dumbbells are plenty. I do not know where @JBCanes-NC works out, probably anywhere they show UNC hoops games on the tv. I also know that @JBCanes-NC does legs 5x a week and hamstrings 7 days a week. He believes in low weight and high reps for what he calls maximum shredding.

Advertisement
Dude was a stud 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and last year as well, .......all while sporting a gut. ****, he probably had a gut in the first grade. As long as he can ball, he can look like Homer Simpson, for all I care!

Was responding to the Pickney being a the weekly top weight lifter not his on field play

I've told yall this before, Pope is very good kid, real smart & a hard worker.

He's going to absolutely kill it this season playing in a real offense with a real OC that actually knows how to use him & a competent QB.

He'll be a matchup nightmare in 3-4 wide WR set with JT4, KJ, Pope & (insert any one of Hightower/Payton/Wiggins/Harley etc). The route combinations you can run from a stacked set with any of them is scary if Defenses really decide to foolishly double team JT4.

Not to turn this into a Pope bashing thread but I lost a lot of hope for Pope once he was liking Gaytor **** on Twitter. Rumors he was nearly gone last year too. That **** doesn’t fly in our hey day.

I think a lot like me feel like he has a **** ton to prove Reg. He wasted a whole year man. Let's hold his accountable we need that and he'll be a better man for it. I hope he has a helluva year too
He didn’t waste a year. He was stuck in an offense that didn’t know how to use his skill set and he was a freshman.

Sometimes, the simple answer is the right answer. You guys, in your never ending quest to quibble, are always dreaming up complex theories when it’s actually simple arithmetic.

When your offense is loaded with 4 and 5 stars, and you play a feeble schedule loaded with cupcakes, and you finish 108th in offense, it’s on the coaches. Period. There’s no reason to split hairs and look for the cure to AIDS.

Our OC and our QB Coach and our offense were VOMIT. They infected the entire offense, and everyone underachieved.

4 and 5 star true freshmen. Our offense won 10 games the yr before with rosier and Richt OC. We just out talented teams with big plays by ar82 Herndon Walton jt4.

We saw a lot of langham Harley and true frosh last yr

If Pope was ready he would have been on the field over Harley and whoever else

Advertisement
Sometimes, the simple answer is the right answer. You guys, in your never ending quest to quibble, are always dreaming up complex theories when it’s actually simple arithmetic.

When your offense is loaded with 4 and 5 stars, and you play a feeble schedule loaded with cupcakes, and you finish 108th in offense, it’s on the coaches. Period. There’s no reason to split hairs and look for the cure to AIDS.

Our OC and our QB Coach and our offense were VOMIT. They infected the entire offense, and everyone underachieved.
Vomit- perfect description

Pinckney being on the board is refreshing. His body never seemed to reflect hard work in the weight room, but he's got arguably the highest potential of any LB on our roster.
Whatttt???? You guys are crazy. Pinckney takes care of his body as much if not more than anyone on the roster. He does weekly massages, hydration chambers, therapy ect off campus by professionals.

Whatttt???? You guys are crazy. Pinckney takes care of his body as much if not more than anyone on the roster. He does weekly massages, hydration chambers, therapy ect off campus by professionals.

The images of his body when Gus was the S&C coach here and the fact that former players joked about him looking fat say otherwise. That's why I bring that up. And again, notice I said weight room.

Advertisement
Got to be genetics playing a factor or what he eats more than anything right now, because as you said he does put in the necessary work it seems.

The images of his body when Gus was the S&C coach here and the fact that former players joked about him looking fat say otherwise. That's why I bring that up. And again, notice I said weight room.
I think his genetics dont allow him to carry the weight necessary to play linebacker without looking a little chubby. Thats what some poeple dont understand not every football player can look like a body builder. If he were skinny he would be too light.

Spot on, my man! In fact, pretty much every sport, with the exception of swimming and cycling, has some all-time greats, who were chubby as f'uck! Shaq, Charles Barkley, Zach Randolph and many more were considered fat or chubby. 2 of the previous mentioned are top 20 players of all time in the NBA. The other, Zach, is a former first round pick and a 2x all star. ****, Zion Williamson is the hottest name in basketball right now and he looks like a tall spongebob in blackface!

I just mentioned basketball players, but the same can be said for Baseball, Boxing, etc.. ****, just last night, Andy Ruiz, won the heavyweight championship, and he is fat as f'uck.

It's mindboggling that our fanbase is so obsessed with body types, that happens to be outside the norm!

Boxing is the best example.

A guy comes huge and shredded and you just know he will win.

Then he comes out and gets picked apart and knocked out by a guy that looks like he just he couldn’t bench a buck fifty.

I think his genetics dont allow him to carry the weight necessary to play linebacker without looking a little chubby. Thats what some poeple dont understand not every football player can look like a body builder. If he were skinny he would be too light.

A high sugar diet will do that too. You can train and have good stamina and strength, but if you need eat a lot of junk, drink lots of juice/soda, and late night snack, that baby fat will linger. I know from experience.

Advertisement
Pinkney is already undersized for a linebacker even with a little baby fat. Not everybody can be a chiseled 245 lbs. I get the feeling that if he were to substantially lower his body fat %, he'd be too light to play near the line of scrimmage.

Advertisement
In all fairness, JT4 did. That is what a 5 Stars are supposed to do. So glad he is back.
He only looked great in the first few games of the season before defenses learned that we wouldn't adjust or make them pay for doubling him. Then he promptly disappeared with the rest of our offense.

Advertisement
Back