Offseason Boredom: Lifters of the week!

It's funny how people downplay Pope's talent, but they would have been the first ones complaining that Miami lost another "elite" WR had he signed with UF or any where else. Now that he is at Miami, he is just an above average receiver. SMFH!

Advertisement
It's funny how people downplay Pope's talent, but they would have been the first ones complaining that Miami lost another "elite" WR had he signed with UF or any where else. Now that he is at Miami, he is just an above average receiver. SMFH!
I think a lot like me feel like he has a **** ton to prove Reg. He wasted a whole year man. Let's hold his accountable we need that and he'll be a better man for it. I hope he has a helluva year too

Until he proves it on the field he is just another average receiver. Would love to see him prove it this year!

Advertisement
I think a lot like me feel like he has a **** ton to prove Reg. He wasted a whole year man. Let's hold his accountable we need that and he'll be a better man for it. I hope he has a helluva year too
Pope definitely has to have some ownership of his underwhelming freshman season. I also think that the combination of Richts offense and Dugans playing favorites, also played a major role as to why the high expectations were not met. Like the QB's, I think that everyone one on offense should be given a clean slate and the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Pope had a really good spring under Enos/Stubblefield, after going an entire season under Richt/Dugans with just one **** catch.

Until he proves it on the field he is just another average receiver. Would love to see him prove it this year!
Average?......

Advertisement
I've told yall this before, Pope is very good kid, real smart & a hard worker.

He's going to absolutely kill it this season playing in a real offense with a real OC that actually knows how to use him & a competent QB.

He'll be a matchup nightmare in 3-4 wide WR set with JT4, KJ, Pope & (insert any one of Hightower/Payton/Wiggins/Harley etc). The route combinations you can run from a stacked set with any of them is scary if Defenses really decide to foolishly double team JT4.

I like this idea

Pope definitely has to have some ownership of his underwhelming freshman season. I also think that the combination of Richts offense and Dugans playing favorites, also played a major role as to why the high expectations were not met. Like the QB's, I think that everyone one on offense should be given a clean slate and the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Pope had a really good spring under Enos/Stubblefield, after going an entire season under Richt/Dugans with just one **** catch.
Honestly he should’ve been redshirted but you can’t really do that with kids of his recruiting ranking now because they’re quick to transfer. His route running was pretty abysmal but the raw athleticism was impressive. I’m really excited to watch him play this year, he looked much smoother this spring and really refined his route running mechanics. I think he’ll do some big things in this offense.

He may be athletic, however, I felt that he didn’t go after contested balls which, in my eyes, showed a lack of either desire/toughness/confidence. A way to overcome is grinding in the weight/conditioning program. I hope he develops to his talent.

Advertisement
So we calling a raising sophomore who we knew would need time to adjust to the college level average now huh?
I don't know if he is average but i can tell you this. Last season around this time. Guys on here were acting as if he already won a starting job. Young man hadn't even arrived on campus yet.

Same thing but just a different season. Big time recruit comes in. He is going to take some so called JAG job. Then comes the end of the season and the guy didn't match the fans hype. Now he is just another guy by these same guys and some other dude will come in and be the next big shot freshman.

Advertisement
He may be athletic, however, I felt that he didn’t go after contested balls which, in my eyes, showed a lack of either desire/toughness/confidence. A way to overcome is grinding in the weight/conditioning program. I hope he develops to his talent.
This is spot on about his lack of aggression to get the ball. Hopefully Taylor can get that out of him. A ****ed off Pope is scary AF.

Advertisement
Back