Offseason Boredom: Lifters of the week!

Advertisement
You've been slurping every one of my posts. I'm glad that the words I type on a screen have such a profound effect on your emotions.

I'm glad every time someone says something that you don't agree with, you have to respond like a female.
I said what i said because i knew you would respond.
Just like i know you will respond to this, girl.
Gho take your midol and watch some lifetime, the way you get overly emotional. 😂😂😂

I don't know if he is average but i can tell you this. Last season around this time. Guys on here were acting as if he already won a starting job. Young man hadn't even arrived on campus yet.

Same thing but just a different season. Big time recruit comes in. He is going to take some so called JAG job. Then comes the end of the season and the guy didn't match the fans hype. Now he is just another guy by these same guys and some other dude will come in and be the next big shot freshman.
I was just as excited about Pope but could also tell just from looking at his size and not even on-the-field things like route running that he would need time. According to info being put out, he has put in work in the weight room this offseason. IMO, that was one of his biggest weaknesses. He was frail coming out.

Now Harley is the one that need to produce or he is in danger of getting the JAG label.

I'm glad every time someone says something that you don't agree with, you have to respond like a female.
I said what i said because i knew you would respond.
Just like i know you will respond to this, girl.
Gho take your midol and watch some lifetime, the way you get overly emotional. 😂😂😂
Here is what it is, the only time I respond to u is when u mention me. I've never replied to any of your posts bc what u have to say is irrelevant. Meanwhile, u stop to read everything I say and then take your time to think of a reply. I know I can put words on a screen that will make u emotional when u read them. That means you're my b*tch.

Advertisement
Pinckney is the most notable to me
Pinckney got a CIS scarlet letter because someone photographed him drinking a red-flavored Kool Aid. From that one photo, guys on here determined that he was a lazy, good-for-nothing ne’er do well.

Meanwhile, on the field, the dude’s never been anything but a certified dog.

I've told yall this before, Pope is very good kid, real smart & a hard worker.

He's going to absolutely kill it this season playing in a real offense with a real OC that actually knows how to use him & a competent QB.

He'll be a matchup nightmare in 3-4 wide WR set with JT4, KJ, Pope & (insert any one of Hightower/Payton/Wiggins/Harley etc). The route combinations you can run from a stacked set with any of them is scary if Defenses really decide to foolishly double team JT4.
These clowns are too quick to write players off. Pope is an incredible talent, who was floundering in a horrible system just like every other offensive player. When you’re ranked 108th in offense everyone is struggling.

These clowns are too quick to write players off. Pope is an incredible talent, who was floundering in a horrible system just like every other offensive player. When you’re ranked 108th in offense everyone is struggling.

Yeah, the system. Someone still has to get him the ball though, and the leading candidate . . . . . . A Ferrari piloted by a student driver still ends up hopping the median.

He may be athletic, however, I felt that he didn’t go after contested balls which, in my eyes, showed a lack of either desire/toughness/confidence. A way to overcome is grinding in the weight/conditioning program. I hope he develops to his talent.
How many “contested balls” did he fail on? He had about 4 passes thrown to him all year, 3 were nowhere near him.

Advertisement
Pinckney got a CIS scarlet letter because someone photographed him drinking a red-flavored Kool Aid. From that one photo, guys on here determined that he was a lazy, good-for-nothing ne’er do well.

Meanwhile, on the field, the dude’s never been anything but a certified dog.
Yessir. I think the sentiment around the team is he’s always been a madman in the weight room.

I think/hope we see the reversal of our recent trends with this linebacker group. Normally these guys jump ship a year early and their best years are in the pros and we are left sitting around thinking “what could of been?”

As a senior, a grown *** man, with the type of instincts he flashes....I just can’t ******* wait to see him this year.

What criteria did you use to rank Spicer as one of the top holders in the country?

What criteria does he not meet?

Consistent mechanics - Check
Consistent placement - Check
Consistent laces - Check
Takes it seriously - Check
Has the trust in his teammates - Check

Maybe I am wrong? Am I missing something important?
I dont cringe with the snap or the hold.
Working on building my confidence in Baxa.
He just needs more that 7 FGs opps!
Hoping we can say that he is one of the best in the country after this season!
Taking a positive view of the special teams guys and the QBs.
We can only go UP, right?
Dear god, I HOPE !!!

What criteria does he not meet?

Consistent mechanics - Check
Consistent placement - Check
Consistent laces - Check
Takes it seriously - Check
Has the trust in his teammates - Check

Maybe I am wrong? Am I missing something important?
I dont cringe with the snap or the hold.
Working on building my confidence in Baxa.
He just needs more that 7 FGs opps!
Hoping we can say that he is one of the best in the country after this season!
Taking a positive view of the special teams guys and the QBs.
We can only go UP, right?
Dear god, I HOPE !!!
Holding a football isnt rocket science.

Advertisement
Pope didn’t look physically ready to contribute last year also..everything else you said is true..20 years ago a kid like pope is a redshirt. Came in fall camp and ppl thought he automatically was about jump the depth chart. No doubt he has talent just needed a year

Anyone have anything positive to say about Hillery being on the list? Would love to hear some sunshine about OL

Advertisement
2018 WR class production as freshman

1. Justin shorter PENN ST- 3 REC 20 yards
2. St Brown USC- 60 rec 750 yards 3 tds
3. Terrace Marshall 12 rec 192 yards
4. Derion Kendrick CLEM 15 rec 210 yards
5. Jaylen waddle BAMA 45 rec 848 yards 7 tds
6. Devon Williams USC 4 rec 87 yds 1TD
7. Justyn Ross 45 rec 1000 yards 9 tds
8. Jordyn Adams UNC baseball
9. Marquis spiker Washington- Redshirted
10. Brennan eagles TEX- 1rec 35 yds

That’s the production from the guys ranked ahead of Pope In their freshman campaigns..as u can see some talented guys need that year

Here is what it is, the only time I respond to u is when u mention me. I've never replied to any of your posts bc what u have to say is irrelevant. Meanwhile, u stop to read everything I say and then take your time to think of a reply. I know I can put words on a screen that will make u emotional when u read them. That means you're my b*tch.
Still responding, girl?
Just like i figured.
Love getting a rise out of your female tendency a$$. Makes my day and gives me and something 90% of CIS can laugh at.

Pope didn’t look physically ready to contribute last year also..everything else you said is true..20 years ago a kid like pope is a redshirt. Came in fall camp and ppl thought he automatically was about jump the depth chart. No doubt he has talent just needed a year
Who looked great in our offense? Pope looked bad, and so did everyone else. I’m not putting any stock in anything from last year’s offense.

Advertisement
Back