OC prediction

Advertisement
Would Candle consider "a demotion" that more than doubles his salary? That might be the selling point. Good ol $$ and a very high profile job that, if you do well, can make your next job a P5 HC position.

Candle also is working for a new school president and AD. They refused to give him a new contract last off season and chances are better than 50-50 he get fired

Wake Forest offensive stats for the first 3 years under Ruggerio scares me:

Year 1: 127th, 14.8 PPG
Year 2: 120th, 17.4 PPG
Year 3: 118th, 20.4 PPG

It took Ruggiero 3 years before they were out of the bottom 10 in offensive scoring.

To be fair, Clawson and Ruggerio didn’t create the Mesh offense until after the Wakey Leak scandal which was exposed in December 2016 at the end of year 3.

Doesnt matter though, I don’t think Ruggerio is leaving Clawson

Josué Gattis
724a6j.jpg

Advertisement
Would Candle consider "a demotion" that more than doubles his salary? That might be the selling point. Good ol $$ and a very high profile job that, if you do well, can make your next job a P5 HC position.
Doubling of the salary is never a demotion. He would take the job under the right conditions.

probably one of the best systems in CFB today, up there with Briles and Riley. definitely the most innovative. a true spread-option. ranked Top 20 in YPP each of the last 3 seasons.

Coastal’s offense is a thing of beauty. I would love to see Miami implement something like that. Plus, with the big boy offensive line coming in and a class or two of Miami playmakers, that offense would just hum.

I watched the video and I'm not sure I can explain why but something about their offense just feels... like I'm watching flag football or something. I feel like a talented and disciplined defense would shut it down. I could be wrong though.

Advertisement
I watched the video and I'm not sure I can explain why but something about their offense just feels... like I'm watching flag football or something. I feel like a talented and disciplined defense would shut it down. I could be wrong though.
That can be said about any offense. We just saw Tennessee get worked by UGA, we've seen Lincoln Riley's offenses get stifled by good defenses, even Ohio State has had mediocre offensive games this season. No team or system is perfect.

yeah, i get it. when people look at something that’s so different than what they’re used to seeing it’s only natural for them to be skeptical.

Advertisement
That can be said about any offense. We just saw Tennessee get worked by UGA, we've seen Lincoln Riley's offenses get stifled by good defenses, even Ohio State has had mediocre offensive games this season. No team or system is perfect.
they’ve scored 30+ in 24/35 games and never scored less than 21 in any of them.

people see that offense and think “what if the defense had players who ran 4.4” and not think about what the offense would look like if it had players who ran 4.4 lol. i'm hoping Chadwell gets his shot at a P5 job. that offense with higher caliber athletes will be special.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back