OC prediction

Advertisement
As someone that was born in Miami and currently lives in Madison WI… I would burn every Hurricanes item that I own and would pick a new time to follow if they hired Paul Chryst
Chryst is a good offensive coach and fits what Mario wants. I don't think Mario will change his philosophy and Chryst is a solid Pro style play caller. I don't agree with Mario offensive system at all but if we're hiring a Pro Style OC then we could do a lot worse then Paul Chryst

Coastal’s offense is a thing of beauty. I would love to see Miami implement something like that. Plus, with the big boy offensive line coming in and a class or two of Miami playmakers, that offense would just hum.
Na we are too stubborn to make this move.

Advertisement
Paul Chryst? Are you on crack?
You guys keep thinking Mario is just going to completely change his offense philosophy and go out and get a uptempo air raid OC. So the same spread OC names keep getting funneled a 100 different times in here. If Mario keeps the same Pro Style philosophy, Paul Chryst makes a lot of sense. Mario wants a Play action physical offense that can run the ball, beat teams with play action and kill the clock. That's what Paul Chryst does, the question was who do you think the OC will be, not who do you want as OC.... I would never in a million years hire Paul Chryst and his boring *** offense but that's the kind of offense Mario wants.

Last edited:
No

Also no
Question was who do you think the OC will be, not who do you want. I would never in a million years hire Paul Chryst as OC but that's the type of offense Mario wants. Mario wants a Physical Run first offense that uses lots of play action while killing the clock to shrink the game. That's the type of offense Chryst runs so it makes a lot of sense

Advertisement
I like a lot of these names you guys are throwing around, but there's no way Mario is going with the extremely pass happy systems these guys run, even IF they were available. And most of them either aren't bailing on jobs like TCU or UNC right now.

I think the goal for a Mario offense is 200 rushing yards per game, with 180 being the floor. That's where I'd start looking for realistic names.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Zo has NFL names in mind.

I still hope Mullen at least gets an interview. His system's success speaks for itself. As a coach his biggest flaw is Mario's biggest strength. His offense also averaged 200 rushing ypg twice at UF and multiple times at Miss St. He's a really interesting fit.

Do you know if he does or doesn't? Will you shut the f*ck up making assumption after assumption and awful take after awful take?
You literally do the same thing and I wasn't making an assumption, I was asking if Mario thinks his scheme is wrong. Please tell me about my awful takes, what's so awful about them?

Advertisement
How has Kittley done this season? I haven’t kept up with em. I’d probably replace Kittley with Grimes for my top 3 but any of those 4 guys would be grade A obviously.

39th in F+ offense this year.

They were 25th last year.

Chryst is a good offensive coach and fits what Mario wants. I don't think Mario will change his philosophy and Chryst is a solid Pro style play caller. I don't agree with Mario offensive system at all but if we're hiring a Pro Style OC then we could do a lot worse then Paul Chryst

Jesus

Advertisement
Question was who do you think the OC will be, not who do you want. I would never in a million years hire Paul Chryst as OC but that's the type of offense Mario wants. Mario wants a Physical Run first offense that uses lots of play action while killing the clock to shrink the game. That's the type of offense Chryst runs so it makes a lot of sense
Ive stated it in other threads that the notion that Mario is **** bent on running an Iowa style offense is not accurate based upon

1. The aggregate list of guys he interviewed at Miami
2. Who he hired as OC at Oregon and FIU
3. He’s not blind to the landscape of CFB today and the need to score points

Plus there is the recruiting component

All I will say is, look at really good OC and WR coach combos, that is the focus from what I’ve been told

Mirabal not leaving, so RB coach is the only other variable on offense

Ive stated it in other threads that the notion that Mario is **** bent on running an Iowa style offense is not accurate based upon

1. The aggregate list of guys he interviewed at Miami
2. Who he hired as OC at Oregon and FIU
3. He’s not blind to the landscape of CFB today and the need to score points

Plus there is the recruiting component

All I will say is, look at really good OC and WR coach combos, that is the focus from what I’ve been told

Mirabal not leaving, so RB coach is the only other variable on offense
No not an Iowa style offense but in the past he has run a more Pro Style offense then the uptempo Spread offense fans want here. I don't have a problem with Mario scheme per se, it’s more about tempo then anything. I absolutely cannot stand that check with bs they do every play

Paul Johnson and Mario are a match made in heaven. We’re here for the work bro..

I am going through the list of top scoring offenses to see who is a OC/WR coach.

In the 30s... so, not lost yet.

Edit: James Madison, who have played an absolute belter of a season, is the first team on the list. Actually missed them first, but they are 19th with 36 points a game. Offensive coordinator is... not kidding, Mike Shanahan. OC and WR coach.

Advertisement
Back