Now Luke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Wannstedt, Turbeville, and Lubick?
You're on crack.
Putting players into the NFL is not the only, or even the ultimate, benchmark in judging a college football DC.
His defenses were good against a bunch of really poor offenses, not really impressive against the few elite
offenses he faced.

Yes, better than all of them. None of those can sniff Randy's jock strap!

The Hurricanes' 2001 national championship team is widely considered to be one of the greatest college football teams of all time. During Shannon's six years as the Hurricanes defensive coordinator, his defenses consistently finished among the best in the nation:

2001 – 6th
2002 – 7th
2003 – 2nd
2004 – 28th
2005 – 4th
2006 – 7th

I know you don't like it but these are the end results. Ok, now let's hear the ya but.... You will never be able to take these stats from him. Hands down the best ever!!!

Mainly due to Butch's recruiting. The more we had to rely on Randy's evaluations the worse the defense got. Also, his defense was shredded every time he faced Jimbo whose only the guy coaching and calling plays at our biggest rival. Randy was way overrated as a DC and there is a reason why he is just now getting to call plays again.

Well ****, You mean to tell me Butch coached as liaison through 2006? GTFOH!!! And if he can't evaluate talent and recruit then please explain why he kicked our *** on the recruiting trail this year? I'll wait while you decide who to give that credit to.... By all means you can't give to Randy... lol

LOL at kicking our azzes on the recruiting trail.
He got, what, 2-3 DBs that were sold a bill of goods about being coached up by a DB coach who lied to them.
Aside from those cats, who else?
uFag has always recruited well, way before Shannon even suited up for Norland HS.
Notwithstanding that he is currently a traitor for working for that school, I really don't have much issues with
him.
He was a terrible HC but my anger is directed at the school for hiring him in the first place.
With regards to those "great" defenses he had at UM, read what others have already posted.
The few times he played against offenses with a pulse, his defenses got shredded.
And this in spite of having NFL talent all over his 2-deep.
But as conveniently forget to mention, most of that talent was recruited by Butch, not Shannon.
We went from having an NFL roster recruited by Butch to Shannon having 2 commits late in the 2010
season before he was canned.
He was a disastrous recruiter and many HS coaches hated him, including the guy at Plant HS.
You should know better than to try to revise UM history on a Cane board.
You are out of your element.

Well **** if UF never had a problem recruiting as it relates to Randy then we can surely say the same that UM never had a problem recruiting as it relates to Butch..... lol So if you can applaud Butch for his recruiting then why is it so hard for you to give Randy his props? Great defenses, I posted those stats they are in the books forever you can't change that! Here again you guys blame Randy for his two deep defense but fail to point out the fact that we didn't have a QB. Had we had a QB with a pulse during that stretch we would have competed for NC during those six years. But to do that you would have to put the blame on the right coach. Hey we both know why you won't do that. To show you that you know this to be true look back at the four game stretch everyone looked at the offense and said it sucked because they couldn't win the time of possession, block and score when it counted therefore they don't blame Manny. And if we don't find a QB and OL this year we will see Randy part two with Manny defense. Will you then blame Manny? **** nawl!!! As far as HS coaches liking Randy that is BS because he proved that he could still comedown here and out recruit us in our backyard. If any of that were true to the point that it hurt his ability to recruit we would have seen it this year. End result, Randy led the way with another top 9 class, national props across the country and a DC title. Nuff **** Said!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement

The Hurricanes' 2001 national championship team is widely considered to be one of the greatest college football teams of all time. During Shannon's six years as the Hurricanes defensive coordinator, his defenses consistently finished among the best in the nation:

2001 – 6th
2002 – 7th
2003 – 2nd
2004 – 28th
2005 – 4th
2006 – 7th

I know you don't like it but these are the end results. Ok, now let's hear the ya but.... You will never be able to take these stats from him. Hands down the best ever!!!

Mainly due to Butch's recruiting. The more we had to rely on Randy's evaluations the worse the defense got. Also, his defense was shredded every time he faced Jimbo whose only the guy coaching and calling plays at our biggest rival. Randy was way overrated as a DC and there is a reason why he is just now getting to call plays again.

Well ****, You mean to tell me Butch coached as liaison through 2006? GTFOH!!! And if he can't evaluate talent and recruit then please explain why he kicked our *** on the recruiting trail this year? I'll wait while you decide who to give that credit to.... By all means you can't give to Randy... lol

He got, what, 2-3 DBs that were sold a bill of goods about being coached up by a DB coach who lied to them.
uFag has always recruited well, way before Shannon even suited up for Norland HS.
Notwithstanding that he is currently a traitor for working for that school, I really don't have much issues with
him.
He was a terrible HC but my anger is directed at the school for hiring him in the first place.
With regards to those "great" defenses he had at UM, read what others have already posted.
The few times he played against offenses with a pulse, his defenses got shredded.
But as conveniently forget to mention, most of that talent was recruited by Butch, not Shannon.
We went from having an NFL roster recruited by Butch to Shannon having 2 commits late in the 2010
He was a disastrous recruiter and many HS coaches hated him, including the guy at Plant HS.

Well **** if UF never had a problem recruiting as it relates to Randy then we can surely say the same that UM never had a problem recruiting as it relates to Butch..... lol So if you can applaud Butch for his recruiting then why is it so hard for you to give Randy his props? Great defenses, I posted those stats they are in the books forever you can't change that!

I've been following following recruiting for almost 40 years, and regardless of the turds being good or bad on the field, they have
always recruited reasonably well.
They are the flagship school of a football state, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
Not necessarily the case at UM when things are not going well.
I'm not sure what you are fishing for with regards to Shannon.
He was an average DC coaching NFL talent recruited by a previous HC.
But as talented as that defense was, the sum of its parts was not greater than the entire
product.
Give a coach like Bud Foster access to the same kind of talent and I will
guarantee a superior product.
I will say this, he was a better DC than Golden/D'Onofrio, but that is not saying much.

Anyways, you sound too young to have this discussion with and I'm starting to think I'm wasting my time.
LOL at fudging stats to claim he was a better DC than Lubick and Wannstedt.
LOL.

him.

Well **** if UF never had a problem recruiting as it relates to Randy then we can surely say the same that UM never had a problem recruiting as it relates to Butch..... lol So if you can applaud Butch for his recruiting then why is it so hard for you to give Randy his props? Great defenses, I posted those stats they are in the books forever you can't change that! Here again you guys blame Randy for his two deep defense but fail to point out the fact that we didn't have a QB. Had we had a QB with a pulse during that stretch we would have competed for NC during those six years. But to do that you would have to put the blame on the right coach. Hey we both know why you won't do that. To show you that you know this to be true look back at the four game stretch everyone looked at the offense and said it sucked because they couldn't win the time of possession, block and score when it counted therefore they don't blame Manny. And if we don't find a QB and OL this year we will see Randy part two with Manny defense. Will you then blame Manny? **** nawl!!! As far as HS coaches liking Randy that is BS because he proved that he could still comedown here and out recruit us in our backyard. If any of that were true to the point that it hurt his ability to recruit we would have seen it this year. End result, Randy led the way with another top 9 class, national props across the country and a DC title. Nuff **** Said!!!

I've been following following recruiting for almost 40 years, and regardless of the turds being good or bad on the field, they have
They are the flagship school of a football state, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
But as talented as that defense was, the sum of its parts was not greater than the entire
product.
I will say this, he was a better DC than Golden/D'Onofrio, but that is not saying much.

Anyways, you sound too young to have this discussion with and I'm starting to think I'm wasting my time.
LOL.

40 years, huh? SMDH, and UM can't recruit on par with UF. Well OK, that makes Randy even more of a superior recruiter and DC at the U. By your own admission tons of NFL talent he brought in and turned out. Funny after 40 years you still fail to understand the negative impact of an offense that can't stay on the field. I wonder will you all of the sudden understand this if we don't address the QB and OL situation this year. But anyway, I love the fact that you guys go so hard against Randy because it shows that he is the best ever and the more yawl try to write him out of Ur history the more you discredit any other DC that you highly praise at the U. Randy is engraved in Ur history so yawl may as well get over it.

Last edited:

him.

product.

LOL.

But anyway, I love the fact that you guys go so hard against Randy because it shows that he is the best ever and the more yawl try to write him out of Ur history the more you discredit any other DC that you highly praise at the U. Randy is engraved in Ur history so yawl may as well get over it.

Not really going so hard against a former UM HC who did well for the school as a player and LB coach, but moreso going after folks who attempt
to revise UM history.
You sound ridiculous.
Like a golf caddy for Dan LeRetard, Uncle Puke and Billy "UM won't let me film" Corben.

Advertisement

him.

product.

LOL.

40 years, huh? SMDH, and UM can't recruit on par with UF. Well OK, that makes Randy even more of a superior recruiter and DC at the U. By your own admission tons of NFL talent he brought in and turned out. Funny after 40 years you still fail to understand the negative impact of an offense that can't stay on the field. I wonder will you all of the sudden understand this if we don't address the QB and OL situation this year. But anyway, I love the fact that you guys go so hard against Randy because it shows that he is the best ever and the more yawl try to write him out of Ur history the more you discredit any other DC that you highly praise at the U. Randy is engraved in Ur history so yawl may as well get over it.

Another lizard on our board? WTF?!?

Run along and play in traffic, little girl.

Let's focus here. Talk about the dopes that still enable Grandpa Puke. Exhibit A: Lil Feast aka Gayndy Slater. Producer of Slater Poops and your typical white dork that somehow feels cool for associating with washed up Grandpa Puke.

downloadfile-3.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let's focus here. Talk about the dopes that still enable Grandpa Puke. Exhibit A: Lil Feast aka Gaydy Slater. Producer of Slater Poops and your typical white dork that somehow feels cool for associating with washed up Grandpa Puke.

View attachment 42718

That's a **** of an ensemble right there

I think you can purchase it out of the trunk of a car in the Dolphin Mall parking lot. For an extra $20 the dude will pop out whatever dents you might have on your car too.

I love Luke and Randy. Randy is the best DC we ever had. He doesn't have anyone to rival the defensive players that he put into the NFL during his tenure at the U.

You're on crack.
Putting players into the NFL is not the only, or even the ultimate, benchmark in judging a college football DC.
His defenses were good against a bunch of really poor offenses, not really impressive against the few elite
offenses he faced.

2001 – 6th
2002 – 7th
2003 – 2nd
2004 – 28th
2005 – 4th
2006 – 7th

I like Randy and he was very successful, but let's not get carried away. He was hired in February 2001 so he did not recruit any kid that starred on the 2001 and 2002 defenses and 2003 and 2004 defenses were dominated by kids recruited under Schiano. The 2004 defense would have been much better had Wilfork and Taylor not depart for the NFL. Our linebackers McIntosh and Williams were 2001 guys. He recruited Gooden and Beason but he also recruited Romeo Davis and Glenn Cook.

As for losing Henderson and Edwards to Florida, I'd say that Torian Gray had a lot to do with it. Florida mislead these kids and it's going to come back and bite them in the *** this cycle. It took Randy 7 years to get a co-defensive coordinator job. One of his biggest failings is his Rolodex. He loses Gray and replaces him with Corey Bell. LoL.

The only thing saving Florida right now is the SEC East is dog crap and their OOC is a joke other than FSU which has embarrassed them the last two years. Can't wait till Michigan beats them by 4 touchdowns and the Gate fans will be calling for Shannon's head.

Advertisement
[MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION] this thread reads like stereo instructions

People forget we played some awful offenses during that time.....with a defense littered with NFL talent....but let's keep sucking Randy off.

Even in 2001 the average offensive ranking we played was something around 60th in the country. The only highly ranked offense we destroyed was Nebraska that year.

Just watch his defense this coming up season. His vanilla crap against spread offenses will be hilarious.

Advertisement
I love Luke and Randy. Randy is the best DC we ever had. He doesn't have anyone to rival the defensive players that he put into the NFL during his tenure at the U.

You're on crack.
offenses he faced.

2001 – 6th
2002 – 7th
2003 – 2nd
2004 – 28th
2005 – 4th
2006 – 7th

I like Randy and he was very successful, but let's not get carried away. He was hired in February 2001 so he did not recruit any kid that starred on the 2001 and 2002 defenses and 2003 and 2004 defenses were dominated by kids recruited under Schiano. The 2004 defense would have been much better had Wilfork and Taylor not depart for the NFL. Our linebackers McIntosh and Williams were 2001 guys. He recruited Gooden and Beason but he also recruited Romeo Davis and Glenn Cook.

As for losing Henderson and Edwards to Florida, I'd say that Torian Gray had a lot to do with it. Florida mislead these kids and it's going to come back and bite them in the *** this cycle. It took Randy 7 years to get a co-defensive coordinator job. One of his biggest failings is his Rolodex. He loses Gray and replaces him with Corey Bell. LoL.

The only thing saving Florida right now is the SEC East is dog crap and their OOC is a joke other than FSU which has embarrassed them the last two years. Can't wait till Michigan beats them by 4 touchdowns and the Gate fans will be calling for Shannon's head.

Your entire post is a bunch of excuses passing of credit to someone other than Randy. **** Randy had to coach them up. The funny thing we all know that Manny didn't recruit any of his players and we so quick to give him the credit for their success. Rightly so in my opinion because they would have looked like the last bunch had DoNo been the DC. Another thing it's not like Randy can dictate what the conference will be like during his tenure so why blame him for the SEC East being down? Funny thing is so many people are looking forward to this season because our schedule is so weak. But yet Richt will look like JJ if he has the success that we all hope. SMDH

Let's focus here. Talk about the dopes that still enable Grandpa Puke. Exhibit A: Lil Feast aka Gayndy Slater. Producer of Slater Poops and your typical white dork that somehow feels cool for associating with washed up Grandpa Puke.

View attachment 42718

I can't stand this ******* guy and I'm not sure if he still does but he used to have Puke on every **** week

Just watch his defense this coming up season. His vanilla crap against spread offenses will be hilarious.

Becareful for what you ask for... You said this about the the 2017 recruiting cylce.... #9 Ranking, shutdown SFL lol

Becareful for what you ask for... You said this about the the 2017 recruiting cylce.... #9 Ranking, shutdown SFL lol

"shutdown SFL"...really?
This hyperbole is ridiculous. He did well and won a few battles but to say he shutdown SFL just exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back