My Post Game recap (Long)

2011 Manny (first year)

11th total D
35th scoring D

2012 Manny (became Mannito)

67th total
73rd scoring

Now take a look at where we were last year and where we are this year and waddya know same trend.

Advertisement
2012 Texas defense (Mannito's second year)

63rd in Yards per Game
73rd in Scoring Defense

Those are MISERABLE numbers. When he opened year three with a continuing downtrend, they fired him immediately.

if you cite yards and points per game numbers for a big 12 defense... again, please learn about the game of college football before you post

He had the 9th best defense in that conference that year.

Do yourself a favor and get his nole **** out of your mouth the guy was an abject failure there.

Coming into this season, we all thought the following areas were going to be problems based on talent and depth.

RB (behind Walton)
TE (behind Herndon)
OL (were they better?)
QB (been discussed ad nauseum)

We're only 2 games in...but I feel A LOT better about all 4 of those areas. I'm now officially worried about two areas of this team.

D Line : We all thought it was going to be a strength but I'm seriously disappointed by the lack of pressure when we've only rushed 4
Secondary : EASILY the biggest weakness on the team.

I think we'll be "Ok" at D-line but it's safe to say we're nowhere near as good as we thought we'd be there.

Secondary is a whole different story. We have a SERIOUS lack of talent at the cornerback position. If Delaney represents the best we got and is a clear starter, then we need to be sure we recruit at least 5 or 6 corners THIS recruiting cycle cause it looks like we are going to be as bad there as we've been in a long time.

I'm shocked by how bad Delaney's lateral quickness is....he's slow to change directions, flip his hips, and generally react to the ball in the air. Other than all that, he's a **** of a corner back.

The main problem is Diaz. Everyone who followed football knew he was a terrible hire. Stats don't tell the whole story. We may get sacks a TFLs but 3rd downs have always been Diaz cryptonite. His gimmicky blitz no longer work as you can clearly see. His jig is up and coaches have him figures out. Tackling a problem? Gee I wonder why. Diaz brought that bull**** hawk style technique here. I get that it protects players but you need run through people and wrap up. Shaq was ding that bull**** hawk **** all game long and it cost him 5/6 tackles.

Special teams is still a disaster. MJ got really lucky. But why even get that close knowing it's 4th and 12? That's on coaching to explain this to the unit. Hartley is too ****ing green to coach TEs and ST.

I'm not gonna kill Rumph, but what is he teaching these kids. The technique is terrible.

GET OUT OF BASE DEFENSE MANNY! Put someone in the slot not named JoeJackson/ Trent harris

He always is good year 1. And he usually leaves after the1st year. That 2nd year he got exposed at texas.

Yup. Bc in year one he doesnt try to implement his full playbook. Donofrios best year was year 1 also. Bc he played a more based 4-3 cover 3.

Manny same crap
. He just cant help himself with his "genius" zone blitze scheme. Mannofrio.

THIS!!! 100% THIS!! The minute they implement their entire defense we go backwards. Manny need to simplify his defense and cut his play sheet in half since it worked last year. It starting to have that No D vibe to it. Look solid in year one then tak a complete nose dive in year two w/ player constantly looking confused seemingly every other play.. good thing is Richt ain't keeping him around if that happens, hopefully.
This offseason I kept thinking if Manny was gonna **** the bed in year two like he did at his other stops. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's still too early but not a good start.

Last edited:
Why do u you guys constantly do it to yourselves everyear. "Richt is keeping it simple... he'll open it up during ACC" "Manny is just keeping it Vanilla until we play real teams".

People really think CMR is gonna magically become this offensive genius. He's shown enough of sample to conclude that we will be hot and cold alternating every quarter. It is what it is. He should of hired an OC when he first got here. Now he is stuck bc if he does hire an OC then the team has to learn an entirely new system.

Manny is what he is. He's not gonna change. He is Dorito part 2. Did any of dopes actually watch the game?

Strike 1: 3-4 patty cake was happening
Strike 2: slow delayed blitzs that never hit home
Strike 3: DEs covering grass
Strike 4: players looking confused
Strike 5: mass substitutions
Strike 6: base D in 3/4/5 wide with slot never covered
Strike 7: horrible tackling

This had the feel of any Golden game. You guys will remember "that" feeling forever. We won, but felt like we lost. It's one of the worst feelings.

We should be able to have a competent defense no matter who is in the secondary.

One day UM admin will get it right

Advertisement
Oh, forgot to give Michael Irvin Jr. some love.

He caught some heat this Fall camp because of his conditioning, but the kid has played pretty well.

Struggled blocking a bit on the goaline stance on those run plays early on, but overall played a good game.

Irvin & Jordan will make a good 2 TE set next year, and if Mallory puts some weight on, he'll play a lot too.

2011 Manny (first year)

11th total D
35th scoring D

67th total
73rd scoring

Now take a look at where we were last year and where we are this year and waddya know same trend.

But does it have anything to do with replacing our whole secondary? Maybe the reason we're going with three linebackers is because we're so bad at DB that Delaney gets burn

I've come to eat crow on Walton OP...He still doesnt have that second gear but man he is better then Gus... That boy got heart the way he came back in after that ankle inhury, He is a much better RB then his freshman year... If he had an extra gear he could be a 2nd rounder... and Kudos for seeing what we saw in Dee Delaney. I agree with everything

He caught some heat this Fall camp because of his conditioning, but the kid has played pretty well.

Struggled blocking a bit on the goaline stance on those run plays early on, but overall played a good game.

Irvin & Jordan will make a good 2 TE set next year, and if Mallory puts some weight on, he'll play a lot too.

Yeah I think the biggest bright spots have been Irvin and Homer. They have given us depth where we thought we had none.

I think it's pretty clear at this point we are a team that is going to be carried by the OFFENSE. Get use to what you saw today because I have a feeling we're in store for A LOT of shootouts this year.

Advertisement

Mallory will play a ton either way. Elite talent.

If he's not quite there in terms of strength, use him in the slot.

Advertisement
Did the team get booed off the field at the end of the first half?

No

So who do I believe? You or him? It sure sounded to me like they did.

Yes

There's nothing premature. I'm at the game and it's a pathetic performance! Monies should be refunded for this garbage! We may win but this team is not TOP 50!

Usually I'd say this type of thread's premature. But my god we look so lost on offense.

I couldn't tell from home but did the team get booed off the field at the half?

lulz

Macintosh was a beast today but the defensive line was suppose to be the strength of the defense. Although it's just the second game it hasn't looked dominant against weaker competition.

Teams are going to employ a short passing attack and enjoy riches all year long if the conerbacks don't become more physical. I've seen poor recognition by the safeties there's no way they will cause many to's at this rate.

We stay in base defense no matter the offensive personal. Chad Thomas and Joe Jackson were both dropping into coverage today. That should never happen with those two. Do we not have a nickle or dime package or could we not get subs in fast enough? This has to be fixed asap.

Rosier is serviceable and aside from the interception, played ok. Still missed some easy throws that could have racked up some yac.

I'd like to see some crossing and drag routes specifically for Harley and Thomas. Let them use natural picks and their speed to get speration and space.

Both Walton and Homer are studs, but we need both to stay healthy. We have no depth behind them as Choc has never been impressive to me.

Today was a lot of bad, but they rebounded enough to pull out the win. They gotta improve in a hurry because things are going to get tougher.

I was sitting field level, right at the corner/tunnel where the team entered to go back to the locker rooms.

There was definitely "some" booing. They didn't get "booed off the field", but there were some unhappy folks.

I didn't boo out loud but I was booing the **** out of Delaney under my breath. Sickening how bad he his and overall how bad our secondary is.

Advertisement
2011 Manny (first year)

11th total D
35th scoring D

67th total
73rd scoring

Lmao. Team's gonna be fine. Stop being such a whiny bit$$h. You sound like a triggered tumblrina ie a gaping pus$$y. Get a hold of yourself.

Macintosh was a beast today but the defensive line was suppose to be the strength of the defense. Although it's just the second game it hasn't looked dominant against weaker competition.

Teams are going to employ a short passing attack and enjoy riches all year long if the conerbacks don't become more physical. I've seen poor recognition by the safety ties there's no way they will cause many to's at this rate.

We stay in base defense no matter the offensive personal. Chad Thomas and Joe Jackson were both dropping into coverage today. That should never happen with those two. Do we not have a nickle or dime package or could we not get subs in fast enough? This has to be fixed asap.

Rosier is serviceable and aside from the interception, played ok. Still missed some easy throws that could have racked up some yac.

I'd like to see some crossing and drag routes specifically for Harley and Thomas. Let them use natural picks and their speed to get speration and space.

Both Walton and Homer are studs, but we need both to stay healthy. We have no depth behind them as Choc has never been impressive to me.

Today was a lot of bad, but they rebounded enough to pull out the win. They gotta improve in a hurry because things are going to get tougher.

Lol "pull out the win". We won by 3 tds. Game was over before the 4th.

Considering errything that the team has been through with all of the time off and stuff, I am still optimistic and I still can see us being very good this year. Coaches need to establish a rhythm and routine just like players do. To expect us to be lights out today was asking quite much. We showed flashes in the second half. We were good enough to win convincingly after a very poor first half. That is something we have not seen in a long time. This was like our season opener against a halfway decent opponent. The coaching will improve as will the play as the season progresses.

Having said that, our defense is disappointing. I don't understand the lack of pass rush. Our secondary is in disarray and our linebacker play is subpar. For all of the hype about Shaq, he has to play better. He has to make more impact plays. All of his tackles have been 7 yards down the field. He has not imposed his presence like a undisputed leader should. If we are gonna be great he has to be better than he has.

Advertisement
Back