My Post Game recap (Long)

Advertisement
Speaking of Sheldrick Redwine he is our best safety, not great but solid with potential. Unfortunately Jaquan Johnson has become a liability up to this point. His lack of athleticism is making him look bad out there especially bc he lacks ideal height. That TD went right over his stretched finger tips...
I only rewatched the first half, but I haven't seen Redwine make a play, or even be in position to make a play, in 6 quarters. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a safety help out or CBs over the top this season. Part of it is lack of range, but it seems like our whole back 7 takes a step in the wrong direction to start every play, and then end up chasing and out of position.

JJ at least makes plays in run support, blows up screens pretty regularly. He is a football player, and we need his leadership and guts. But he is definitely not playing in the ideal position/scheme.

Good post OP. The secondary needs a serious look bc it is clear they have no idea and are getting smoked by inferior teams. It is a glaring weak spot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lets face it, Toledo defense was totally worn out in the second half.. Just could not cope with our depth.

Nice write up, but damnnn can these guys get into their flow first?!? Keep in mind they barely got to practice and get on rhythm.It's like you all play NCAA on freshmen mode and want The same result from Miami. The only issue we have right now is our pass defense. They really need to get them going, because right now it's bad. The front seven is awesome!! And I agree, Dee Delaney needs to just stay on special team cause he's straight trash, poo, not good... all of the above. Miami is doing good, and going to be much be better come conference play. Richt play calling was great. How else would you explain 600 yards of offense and 52 points?!?!?

Forgot to add, Darling got beat bad on that Sack he gave up & we need to cleanup the penalties overall.

McDoormat wasn't a gem either.

The team is behind and it showed. Other teams are playing their 4th game and have had chances vs live opponents to correct problems.
I agree, that holding penalty was questionable, but still part of his m/o, he lead the OL in penalties last year & I hope he doesn't again this year.
Questionable? Lmao honestly I think the hold was somewhere else on the line and the refs called the wrong number.

Y'all gotta chill and put everything in perspective. The line against Toledo was 13 and we won by 22. The hurricane obviously effected us in the first half despite Richt's unwillingness to admit it. Our secondary has been dog crap but it will get better. Although playing calling wasn't great in the first half, it really wasn't that bad. We had lots of errors that weren't really due to playclaillign and with Walton and not wanting to use the while playbook against Toledo it doesn't bother me that much. We played much better than the score IMO. Our defense was exhausted near the end of the first half which was a product of 0 3rd down conversions and lack of football shape. We had to constantly play our backups more than we should have. Our offense just scored 50 without the beat reciever in the nation. Delaney was awful and it is obvious that we miss corn. However our DBs played better near the end of last season and I expected them to get better. We should be fine but we just need better CB play and to tackle better both of which should happen.

Advertisement
Just about every poster in this thread knows more about defensive and offensive play calling than our coaches. We are lucky to have so many NFL coaches contributing in the forum.

Let me ask you a simple question. Which O did you prefer, the first half or the second half?

Advertisement
Back