My Post Game recap (Long)

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
image.jpg

- Dee Delaney is flat out terrible, I mean he's just awful, no physicality at all! He plays like he's afraid of contact or something, it's as if he doesn't know how to Press cover whatsoever, he hasn't jammed a WR once all season.
Dude is big as ****, but plays like a 5'6 160lbs CB on JV who's nervous as ****.
Put his *** on the bench, give me Young & Bandy, but Delaney played like ****.

- Quan Johnson is playing all over the place, there seems to be some major miscommunications with the Secondary, the Safety's & CB's have no earthly idea what the **** they're supposed to be running out there. There were way too many times they thought we were in Zone we were in Man & left WR's wide the **** open all **** game long.

- The LB's & Defense in general are playing a step behind on every play, we're not getting TFL's like we did last year, every **** play is a gain & they're always getting up looking around like they're confused on what they're supposed to do play in & play out.

- Thud technique needs to be abolished from Miami for good!
Not tackling all offseason & during practice throughout the week has reared its ugly head on game day.
Our tackling is below ****** average right now, most of the large gains are coming off the fact the first guy to the ball is not sticking or wrapping up, this is not acceptable & not Miami style Defensive Football.

On a positive note, I like what I saw from the Run Defense & the DL's RJ McIntosh, Moten, Chad Thomas & JJack played well.

On Offense, I actually like what I'm seeing from Rosier, that 1INT was a poor decision on his part but it was mainly due to miscommunications with the WR. Other than that, I like his mobility and think he performs well when we go uptempo.

Mark Walton is a pure savage, one of the 5 best players on the team & my personal favorite.
He's the lifeblood of this team. The kid is tough as nails & is overall the leader of this team.
Richt's gotta stop calling those runs where he has to get behind those pulling Guards, he's gonna get him killed lol (And yes I know Homer scored on the same play, Walton is a different back, needs simple runs where he can jump cut & get out in open space).

Homer's really gonna be a beast for us, I love his running style & think he's a very good WR out of the backfield as well, he's the perfect combo to go with Walton, I feel good about the Backs we'll have next year (Lingard & Davis) with Homer once Walton goes to the draft.

Liked what I saw from Harley despite the one drop, I wanna see him run more deep routes, I feel like they need to unleash him & JT.
Berrios looked good, he looked faster than I've ever seen him run his entire time here, its about time he gets used properly.
Happy for Harris to finally get a TD & Cager needs to be more involved as well, he's really recovered nicely from his injury.

The problem with the Offense overall is Coach Richt's playcalling imo. I think our Offense is good, but not as good as it could be, and the only thing we're really missing is a Lab technician Offensive Coordinator who spends all of his time just looking at mismatches to exploit & architecting pure Offensive firepower.

I like Richt a lot, but sometimes wearing multiple hats isn't always the best option for a HC.
Saban is a Defensive guru, but he's not the DC, he 100% is involved in the Defensive game planning from game to game, but he's wise enough to realize some things need to be delegated.
**** even Urby Liar who built his reputation on being an Offensive architect has an OC, we know he's involved in every aspect of their game planning, but he still has an OC to delegate to.

I'm not saying Richt should have nothing to do with the playcalling, I'm saying, he needs a full time OC to delegate to, not just an OC in title, but a guy who he can collaborate with, so it's not all just Richt by himself while trying to do multiple things at one time.

Overall, I'm not in panic mode, long season to go & a lot football to be played. But, this Defense really needs to step the **** up & play some **** ball or we're gonna be in trouble when it counts the most.

I think we'll still win the Coastal, but it's not going to be a cakewalk by any means.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good write up. I honestly believe EVERY game from here on out is a toss up. This is 2 straight games teams have specifically gone after Delaney, and 2 straight post games where Richt has defended his poor play.

I don't like it.

Forgot to add, Darling got beat bad on that Sack he gave up & we need to cleanup the penalties overall.

Good write up. I honestly believe EVERY game from here on out is a toss up. This is 2 straight games teams have specifically gone after Delaney, and 2 straight post games where Richt has defended his poor play.

I don't like it.

This Delaney kid needs to get benched asap anyone can play better.

I wasnt sold on diaz when he was hired but i gave him a chance. Don't give a fück who doesnt like this but i hope he gets a hc job.

Advertisement
The fact that Jon Richt is on our staff as a full fledged coach is holding us back in my opinion. We should have that spot go to a proven offensive game planner. Give Jon an administrative job. Nepotism is common in football but unless we are competing for championships it's not acceptable.

Excellent write up.

It's mind numbing how after what we saw last year with how successful the up tempo spread was that Richt reverted to 90's I-Formation for the first six quarters of the season. Hopefully he's learned his lesson.

I don't like it.

It shouldn't be. That's the problem.

The fact that Jon Richt is on our staff as a full fledged coach is holding us back in my opinion. We should have that spot go to a proven offensive game planner. Give Jon an administrative job. Nepotism is common in football but unless we are competing for championships it's not acceptable.

Jon richt isn't coming up with the game plans. He is basically mark assistant qb coach.

Advertisement
Forgot to add, Darling got beat bad on that Sack he gave up & we need to cleanup the penalties overall.

McDoormat wasn't a gem either.

The team is behind and it showed. Other teams are playing their 4th game and have had chances vs live opponents to correct problems.

Jon Richt having a coaching spot is a disagree.

In New England, Belichick had his son spend five years as essentially a GA before promoting him to safety coach. Jon Richt gets QB coach right away. Absolutely disgusting.

Jon richt isn't coming up with the game plans. He is basically mark assistant qb coach.

Yes, that's the problem.

McDoormat wasn't a gem either.

The team is behind and it showed. Other teams are playing their 4th game and have had chances vs live opponents to correct problems.
I agree, that holding penalty was questionable, but still part of his m/o, he lead the OL in penalties last year & I hope he doesn't again this year.

Advertisement
Great write up and your right the D is our biggest problem right now but the biggest thing you said in my opinion is that Richt needs anOC.

Until he brings one in,and I doubt he will due to His ego,this offense is never going to reach its full potential and that's a shame.

seems clear to me that we don't have miami caliber talent in the secondary right now, and that's not the current staff's fault.

when teams want to neutralize our pass rush and pass quickly (as toledo did today) i'm not sure what the answer is. play everyone in press and hope we don't get beaten over the top? maybe. it might just be a year where they play softer in the secondary.

we have the best secondary class in the nation coming in next year. soon enough the talent will not be a problem. for now it is what it is.

Great write up and your right the D is our biggest problem right now but the biggest thing you said in my opinion is that Richt needs anOC.

Until he brings one in,and I doubt he will due to His ego,this offense is never going to reach its full potential and that's a shame.

we scored 52 points and averaged 10 yards per play

Advertisement
seems clear to me that we don't have miami caliber talent in the secondary right now, and that's not the current staff's fault.

when teams want to neutralize our pass rush and pass quickly (as toledo did today) i'm not sure what the answer is. play everyone in press and hope we don't get beaten over the top? maybe. it might just be a year where they play softer in the secondary.

we have the best secondary class in the nation coming in next year. soon enough the talent will not be a problem. for now it is what it is.

Stop playing spread teams in a base 4-3 and that might help some.

Richt had two classes to fix the secondary. But the worst coach on our staff by a country mile, Rumph, whiffed worse than dee delaney im coverage.

Diaz zone blitzes every single third down and has guys covering grass. This is not new for him. Watch any team in his second season and you will see this garbage, coupled with miserable results.

Stop playing spread teams in a base 4-3 and that might help some.

maybe. but which DBs are you dying to see on the field more?

Advertisement
Back