My Post Game recap (Long)

I agree with most of what you said. I still really like the front 7, but secondary is dog ****. They seemed very confused out there today. I am curious as to your expectation for TOL are? They had 9 today and 4 sacks.

Advertisement
seems clear to me that we don't have miami caliber talent in the secondary right now, and that's not the current staff's fault.

when teams want to neutralize our pass rush and pass quickly (as toledo did today) i'm not sure what the answer is. play everyone in press and hope we don't get beaten over the top? maybe. it might just be a year where they play softer in the secondary.

we have the best secondary class in the nation coming in next year. soon enough the talent will not be a problem. for now it is what it is.

Stop playing spread teams in a base 4-3 and that might help some.

maybe. but which DBs are you dying to see on the field more?

Im sorry but Mark Richt has had TWO recruiting classes. If the depth isnt right, then perhaps he shouldnt have hired Mike ******* Rumph to recruit DBs???

seems clear to me that we don't have miami caliber talent in the secondary right now, and that's not the current staff's fault.

when teams want to neutralize our pass rush and pass quickly (as toledo did today) i'm not sure what the answer is. play everyone in press and hope we don't get beaten over the top? maybe. it might just be a year where they play softer in the secondary.

we have the best secondary class in the nation coming in next year. soon enough the talent will not be a problem. for now it is what it is.

Bandy? Give dean a try? Start young.

View attachment 50325

Okay, the Elephant in the room is obvious, the **** Defense has regressed from last year.
I'll hold my L on that one, because I absolutely thought we would be better & play like we did in the 2nd half of the season.
And yes, I crowned Diaz too early, but **** wtf is going on out there?!?

The problem with the defense is the "creativity" of Manny Diaz attack with his zone blitz scheme. We have a fresh pack of DB's out there and it seems like Manny has put a daunting task on the secondary to know exactly where to be at all times. With all the fresh faces there needs to be simplicity.

We need to play more Nickel with a simple 2 deep man scheme. That way it allows the pass rush to get there by playing a tight press. By playing the zone blitz scheme we leave the shallow routes wide open, especially with the DB's playing so off the ball.

I think we are playing a counterintuitive defense to our personnel. By playing a zone scheme we are relying on the DB's to make quick reads on the QB/Ball and react in an efficient manner, however by playing so far off the ball there is a non-existent pass rush allowing for easy hot route reads from the opposing QB.

I thought the anonymous quote in the offseason about Manny Diaz "trying to do too much, gimmicky scheme" was a farce, but it seems to be true. We need to play more 2 deep man and allow the pressure to get there. Also, we have an absurd amount of mass subs going on which creates even further confusion when we are doing so much gimmicky roll action by the safeties.

Just my .02.

The fact that Jon Richt is on our staff as a full fledged coach is holding us back in my opinion. We should have that spot go to a proven offensive game planner. Give Jon an administrative job. Nepotism is common in football but unless we are competing for championships it's not acceptable.

Jon Richt having a coaching spot is a disagree.

In New England, Belichick had his son spend five years as essentially a GA before promoting him to safety coach. Jon Richt gets QB coach right away. Absolutely disgusting.

Jon Richt spent years as a GA in college and NFL. So he didn't just "get the QB spot" and he got us Perry and Rosier is playing well. So how is he the problem?

Advertisement
John Richt is the least of our worries. His non-creative father calling plays is the problem and he refuses to acknowledge that

The fact that Jon Richt is on our staff as a full fledged coach is holding us back in my opinion. We should have that spot go to a proven offensive game planner. Give Jon an administrative job. Nepotism is common in football but unless we are competing for championships it's not acceptable.

In New England, Belichick had his son spend five years as essentially a GA before promoting him to safety coach. Jon Richt gets QB coach right away. Absolutely disgusting.

Jon Richt spent years as a GA in college and NFL. So he didn't just "get the QB spot" and he got us Perry and Rosier is playing well. So how is he the problem?

Jon Richt spent two years as a quality control coach before getting the position.

He is completely unqualified to be a QB coach at a high level FBS program. Period.

Good stuff El.

Delaney needs to be benched and give me more Bandy/Young.

Diaz deserves the most blame for the poor performance of the Defense.

The Secondary looked like some Big XII **** & our tackling is just subpar.

Why the **** did we have JJack dropping back in coverage & not just covering the flats, but had coverage of the slot on a 15yrd route?!?

Need to play more Nickel coverage & we need to get Delaney a ****** tutorial tape on how to Cover.

Delaney was covering like before every snap he was just praying to God that they don't throw at him & they did every time lol.

We also looked gassed out there, obviously not playing for 3 weeks affected our in game shape, but they looked tired early on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The main problem is Diaz. Everyone who followed football knew he was a terrible hire. Stats don't tell the whole story. We may get sacks a TFLs but 3rd downs have always been Diaz cryptonite. His gimmicky blitz no longer work as you can clearly see. His jig is up and coaches have him figures out. Tackling a problem? Gee I wonder why. Diaz brought that bull**** hawk style technique here. I get that it protects players but you need run through people and wrap up. Shaq was ding that bull**** hawk **** all game long and it cost him 5/6 tackles.

Special teams is still a disaster. MJ got really lucky. But why even get that close knowing it's 4th and 12? That's on coaching to explain this to the unit. Hartley is too ******* green to coach TEs and ST.

I'm not gonna kill Rumph, but what is he teaching these kids. The technique is terrible.

GET OUT OF BASE DEFENSE MANNY! Put someone in the slot not named JoeJackson/ Trent harris

He spent one year at Georgia in quality control and one year with the Bills in a similar job. Both jobs his father got him no doubt. Those are not qualifications to be a QB coach at Miami.

I don't particularly dislike him, I think he has done a decent job recruiting. The problem is the quality of coach we SHOULD have in that spot instead of him. Someone with a proven record of offensive game planning. We should be able to get that at Miami. We are settling for less.

View attachment 50325

Okay, the Elephant in the room is obvious, the **** Defense has regressed from last year.
I'll hold my L on that one, because I absolutely thought we would be better & play like we did in the 2nd half of the season.

The problem with the defense is the "creativity" of Manny Diaz attack with his zone blitz scheme. We have a fresh pack of DB's out there and it seems like Manny has put a daunting task on the secondary to know exactly where to be at all times. With all the fresh faces there needs to be simplicity.

We need to play more Nickel with a simple 2 deep man scheme. That way it allows the pass rush to get there by playing a tight press. By playing the zone blitz scheme we leave the shallow routes wide open, especially with the DB's playing so off the ball.

I think we are playing a counterintuitive defense to our personnel. By playing a zone scheme we are relying on the DB's to make quick reads on the QB/Ball and react in an efficient manner, however by playing so far off the ball there is a non-existent pass rush allowing for easy hot route reads from the opposing QB.

I thought the anonymous quote in the offseason about Manny Diaz "trying to do too much, gimmicky scheme" was a farce, but it seems to be true. We need to play more 2 deep man and allow the pressure to get there. Also, we have an absurd amount of mass subs going on which creates even further confusion when we are doing so much gimmicky roll action by the safeties.

Just my .02.
Agree with you 100%!

Im sorry but Mark Richt has had TWO recruiting classes. If the depth isnt right, then perhaps he shouldnt have hired Mike ****ing Rumph to recruit DBs???

he had one full class, you miserable fool. his second class has the best group of DB commits in the nation. spare me.

Advertisement
The main problem is Diaz. Everyone who followed football knew he was a terrible hire. Stats don't tell the whole story. We may get sacks a TFLs but 3rd downs have always been Diaz cryptonite. His gimmicky blitz no longer work as you can clearly see. His jig is up and coaches have him figures out. Tackling a problem? Gee I wonder why. Diaz brought that bull**** hawk style technique here. I get that it protects players but you need run through people and wrap up. Shaq was ding that bull**** hawk **** all game long and it cost him 5/6 tackles.

Special teams is still a disaster. MJ got really lucky. But why even get that close knowing it's 4th and 12? That's on coaching to explain this to the unit. Hartley is too ****ing green to coach TEs and ST.

I'm not gonna kill Rumph, but what is he teaching these kids. The technique is terrible.

GET OUT OF BASE DEFENSE MANNY! Put someone in the slot not named JoeJackson/ Trent harris

He always is good year 1. And he usually leaves after the1st year. That 2nd year he got exposed at texas.

View attachment 50325

Just my .02.

Replace Manny with Doritos and your post Seems like a post on the previous regime. Not a good look manny so far

Advertisement
I really feel like the playcalling complaints are a bit overstated. In the first half, we barely even had the ball because most of the defense couldn’t tackle and I’m not sure the secondary could have covered Toledo’s cheerleaders. Not to mention a few dropped passes that would have all been big gains. Then in the second half we basically went full spread and rolled. What’s the problem?

Not trolling or anything, would simply like to hear specifically what was wrong with it. Obviously there was a good argument during that four loss streak, but I didn’t see any huge playcalling issues today.

Special teams is still a disaster. MJ got really lucky. But why even get that close knowing it's 4th and 12? That's on coaching to explain this to the unit. Hartley is too ****ing green to coach TEs and ST.

He always is good year 1. And he usually leaves after the1st year. That 2nd year he got exposed at texas.

Yup. Bc in year one he doesnt try to implement his full playbook. Donofrios best year was year 1 also. Bc he played a more based 4-3 cover 3.

Manny same crap. He just cant help himself with his "genius" zone blitze scheme. Mannofrio.

Yup. Bc in year one he doesnt try to implement his full playbook. Donofrios best year was year 1 also. Bc he played a more based 4-3 cover 3.

Manny same crap. He just cant help himself with his "genius" zone blitze scheme. Mannofrio.

Please go away.

Enough already.

I love how cats get mad bc im pointing out that:

A) we have given up 800 yards in two games to second division teams and
B) Manny Diaz has a widely recognized history of fielding terrible defenses

Advertisement
Back