My Post Game recap (Long)

Its bc year one he focuses on things that benefit all teams: he keeps things simple, focuses on tackling etc.

Year two he implements his full playbook, which is a steaming pile of garbage. Tons of 3-4, spot drop zone blitz. More focus on his "creative scheme" and less on tackling/run fits/pass rush. A lot of green coaches do this to their own detriment.

lol if you think manny wasn't calling "creative" blitzes all game every game last year

Advertisement
btw there's no factual backup for the idae that manny's defenses get exposed in year 2. his second texas defense was fine.

HUH????? Lmfao

"In 2012 (his second season there) the Longhorns gave up nearly 30 points per game, allowing opponents to run for 4.62 yards per carry and score on 91.4 percent of red zone attempts.". He was fired two games into year three.

btw there's no factual backup for the idae that manny's defenses get exposed in year 2. his second texas defense was fine.

The second year at texas was fine? He got fired early in the year and gave up 500 yards rushing to byu. They were trash.

A few counterpoints:
1) We lost four starting DBs to the NFL and the cupboard was bare.
2) Big play breakdowns by Dee where blown coverage, not a skills issue. Coaches obviously think he has ability or he wouldn't be starting.
3) Richt believes hiring an OC was the reason for his demise at GA
4) Help is on the way. The 2018 class is loaded with DBs.

Advertisement
The main problem is Diaz. Everyone who followed football knew he was a terrible hire. Stats don't tell the whole story. We may get sacks a TFLs but 3rd downs have always been Diaz cryptonite. His gimmicky blitz no longer work as you can clearly see. His jig is up and coaches have him figures out. Tackling a problem? Gee I wonder why. Diaz brought that bull**** hawk style technique here. I get that it protects players but you need run through people and wrap up. Shaq was ding that bull**** hawk **** all game long and it cost him 5/6 tackles.

Special teams is still a disaster. MJ got really lucky. But why even get that close knowing it's 4th and 12? That's on coaching to explain this to the unit. Hartley is too ****ing green to coach TEs and ST.

I'm not gonna kill Rumph, but what is he teaching these kids. The technique is terrible.

GET OUT OF BASE DEFENSE MANNY! Put someone in the slot not named JoeJackson/ Trent harris

He always is good year 1. And he usually leaves after the1st year. That 2nd year he got exposed at texas.

Yup. Bc in year one he doesnt try to implement his full playbook. Donofrios best year was year 1 also. Bc he played a more based 4-3 cover 3.

Manny same crap
. He just cant help himself with his "genius" zone blitze scheme. Mannofrio.

THIS!!! 100% THIS!! The minute they implement their entire defense we go backwards. Manny need to simplify his defense and cut his play sheet in half since it worked last year. It starting to have that No D vibe to it. Look solid in year one then tak a complete nose dive in year two w/ player constantly looking confused seemingly every other play.. good thing is Richt ain't keeping him around if that happens, hopefully.

Agree with most of your post.

Chad Thomas has not delivered in 2017. He needs to step it up.

Mark Richt scares the **** out of me. His play calling is erratic. It cost us two game last season. Hopefully he gets it together soon.

Need more Rosier designer run plays.

Chad had a sack today and I pretty sure he had the pressure on the QB on the fumble

Not enough. I've seen him get stood up to many times this year. Also hasn't done a good job getting his hands up. Looks slow to me but we shall see

Advertisement
I swear that nonsense football outsiders site is what the slurpers used to defend Dorito. They had a historically bad defense in his 2nd year at UT, which led to his prompt firing.

The second year at texas was fine? He got fired early in the year and gave up 500 yards rushing to byu. They were trash.

that was year three. again, i'm talking facts here.

Same difference. What ever. That defense declined the longer he stayed and thats facts for your ***.

"In 2011, Diaz was hired by Texas as the defensive coordinator, and saw a slight improvement from the previous season. In his second year, the poor results came, as Texas gave up a full touchdown more per game than in his first year. Through two games in 2013, it appears Texas has had enough."

We have people here who think that Manny Diaz was good at Texas lmfao.

Thoughts on moving Dallas to CB?

He's getting no burn at WR and Diaz clearly doesn't trust the players he has there or he wouldn't be asking his five LBs to cover the slot CB 90% of the game.

Advertisement
I swear that nonsense football outsiders site is what the slurpers used to defend Dorito. They had a historically bad defense in his 2nd year at UT, which led to his prompt firing.

football outsiders had d'onofrio's miami defenses ranked:

2011: 69
2012: 79
2013: 89
2014: 25
2015: 52

try again

I'm not a fan of the head coach play calling the game. CMR needs an Offensive Coordinator. This may be he's downfall similar to Golden handcuffing himself to Doritos.

A few counterpoints:
1) We lost four starting DBs to the NFL and the cupboard was bare.
2) Big play breakdowns by Dee where blown coverage, not a skills issue. Coaches obviously think he has ability or he wouldn't be starting.
3) Richt believes hiring an OC was the reason for his demise at GA
4) Help is on the way. The 2018 class is loaded with DBs.
Agree on 1).

I'm not so certain about 2), there were a lot receptions by the WR's he was covering where Delaney either had bad footing, or simply couldn't get to his guy.

Not a single PBU, haven't seen him jump a route once, he's just out there watching his man get the catch & having to run after him.

Some of it is definitely blown coverages, but a lot of it looked like poor technique, he got beat right off the line a lot.

On 3) I could be overreacting, I'm willing to see how it looks vs ACC opponents.
And my stance on the OC thing, isn't that Richt is terrible, it's just that it would help him a lot more if we had one.

But, I have no problem with eating crow & taking an L if our Offense is banging on all cylinders vs Duke, FSU etc.

On 4), agreed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2012 Texas defense (Mannito's second year)

63rd in Yards per Game
73rd in Scoring Defense

Those are MISERABLE numbers. When he opened year three with a continuing downtrend, they fired him immediately.

2012 Texas defense (Mannito's second year)

63rd in Yards per Game
73rd in Scoring Defense

Those are MISERABLE numbers. When he opened year three with a continuing downtrend, they fired him immediately.

if you cite yards and points per game numbers for a big 12 defense... again, please learn about the game of college football before you post

Advertisement
Back