Moten to UF

I'm setting up a PayPal account. We need DT's. I'm about to pay these ****** myself.

Advertisement
I was very 'meh' on Moten from the get go. A very overrated DT prospect that is a run stuffer...not really a guy that will get pressure on the QB consistenly and make tackles in the backfield.

We don't need run stuffers?

Our problem is pass rushing.

What? So we could stop the run? Do you not realize Notre Dame passed on e the whole second half? They put Rudy in at RB and he scored. Y'all are so bias it's ridiculous I can't take it anymore.

Advertisement
I'm setting up a PayPal account. We need DT's. I'm about to pay these ****** myself.

Lol you can try and pay them. But let's be real, almost none of these Dts want to play in Frodofrios scheme. The top kids number 1 prioity Is
trying to get to the league in most cases. whoever can provide them with the best resources to get there is who they will go with.

I wish we could get some sort of clear explanation as to why none of the top DT's in the state want to play at Miami. Missing on these kids has been incredibly frustrating.
I still think Moten can be turned if we beat down UF in September but, I don't get why none of these kids want to come in and play early for the []_[].

I was very 'meh' on Moten from the get go. A very overrated DT prospect that is a run stuffer...not really a guy that will get pressure on the QB consistenly and make tackles in the backfield.

What? So we could stop the run? Do you not realize Notre Dame passed on e the whole second half? They put Rudy in at RB and he scored. Y'all are so bias it's ridiculous I can't take it anymore.

run D isn't great either, but its the lesser of the two evils. Improving the pass rush was the #1 priority for the D since the end of last season. Everyone knows this.

Getting a rock in the middle also improves the pass rush. This team needs a man on the DL. You can say you need a guy on the outside...whatever...we just need a grown *** man that can play. If you look at the nation's best teams, they got the grown *** southern savage ****** on the front four. We're Miami, and for 20 years, we had those savages...we don't now and we are struggling to get them. We keep on swinging and missing.

Advertisement

run D isn't great either, but its the lesser of the two evils. Improving the pass rush was the #1 priority for the D since the end of last season. Everyone knows this.

I'm on the fence with this one. We blew the UVA game cause we couldn't get after the Q and got off the field but we got blown out twice on the road cause we couldn't stop the run and FSU also hurt us running the ball. I honestly think the Run D might be the bigger priority

We ain't got no Clowneys. We ain't got no Mingos. No Sharrifs. No Dontaris. No Dareus. No Fairly. No Bowers. No Austin. No Werner.

We can't be a top-flight program without freaks on the line. That is what separates top teams from ****** pretenders. Where are our monsters!?! We got Shayon Green putting around like an old car. If he was a horse he would've had two rounds pumped into his head by now. Chickislow?!? Pass. DL recruiting is failing. Hard. Hopefully Arab $ comes in and dominates, but there ain't **** else going on or anything promising behind that.

We better go out and scour the JUCO ranks for some old, mean looking mother ****ers. We need a DT with a receding hairline, 6 kids, and stretch marks. Get me a DE that's done time and can legally rent a car.

I doubt D'Onofrio's schemes have anything to do with this or almost any other recruit's decision. That just sounds bitter at this point.

Either kids don't want to play in Dnofrios scheme which is perfectly understandable ATM. Or Dnofrio/Jethro can't close.

i dont know why they wouldn't want to play in this scheme, Bama runs a similar style of defense, i might have to say it might be jethro not closing, but its still early, i dont care how many STA kids stick with their commitments, lets see how this plays out

Obama generally goes after a certain type at DT, and generally they aren't any higher then a Mid 4* prospect, then they lock the kids in the weight room for 2yrs and poof you have bama run stuffing monster.

I agree most atheletic DT's stay far away from read and react schemes which essentially turns DT's into glorified blockers. Where as FSU, UF, and LSU type run an attacking 4-3 scheme. D'onfrio needs to turn up the heat from the front seven, or start scouring the country side for some farm boys like Obama does.

Go canes

Advertisement
I doubt D'Onofrio's schemes have anything to do with this or almost any other recruit's decision. That just sounds bitter at this point.

Honestly IDK at this point. I had talked to Olivier awhile ago, so idk if dnofrio changed up the way he wants the ends and Dts to work. He told me part of the reason he left is because Dnofrio would get on him alot about trying to use pass rushing moves instead of getting into blockers. On top of that Golden and Dnofrio wanted him to gain a ton of weight. He told me that wasn't his game so that was partially the reason he left. That was more then a year ago when I was with him at XPE down there for a couple of days. So what golden and onofrio want the line doing could've changed.

I'm not too worried about Moten in particular but obviously our DT recruiting is just baffling. Moten is good but we can do better but **** if I'm going to sit here and pretend to be confident we will.

Clark just went to the top of our recruiting board with Sony, if he wasn't already there.

We ain't got no Clowneys. We ain't got no Mingos. No Sharrifs. No Dontaris. No Dareus. No Fairly. No Bowers. No Austin. No Werner.

We can't be a top-flight program without freaks on the line. That is what separates top teams from ****** pretenders. Where are our monsters!?! We got Shayon Green putting around like an old car. If he was a horse he would've had two rounds pumped into his head by now. Chickislow?!? Pass. DL recruiting is failing. Hard. Hopefully Arab $ comes in and dominates, but there ain't **** else going on or anything promising behind that.

We better go out and scour the JUCO ranks for some old, mean looking mother ****ers. We need a DT with a receding hairline, 6 kids, and stretch marks. Get me a DE that's done time and can legally rent a car.

COT DAM, WTH going harder than a russian, lol...

Advertisement
****. This one sucks IMO. Not that Moten was some top shelf stud BUT he was a good player at a position of dire need from a feeder school of STA. Plus, anytime we lose a player to an in-state rival I get ****y. Hopefully Clark, Valentine, et al decide to be Canes in the end.

****. This one sucks IMO. Not that Moten was some top shelf stud BUT he was a good player at a position of dire need from a feeder school of STA. Plus, anytime we lose a player to an in-state rival I get ****y. Hopefully Clark, Valentine, et al decide to be Canes in the end.

Moten looks to have some versatility as well, like he could be a good DE or DT. The ****** part is losing yet another kid at a position of dire need that we should land. I want to think that maybe we have some other guys higher on our board but really that's just a coping mechanism. There's certainly no evidence to back that up.

Hopefully this one looks better come February but it stings right now.

Jefro has put players in the league and not just wilkerson. Thw guy can develop talent and send that talent to the next level. The message with DTs just doesnt seem to be resonating. I dont think its the scheme. I dont know what it is but the scheme is from what others have said is what bama runs.

If we dont sign Clark someone needs to be fired

Its gotten to that point at DT. Its just completely unacceptable

Advertisement
Back