Moten to UF

I'm not too worried about Moten in particular but obviously our DT recruiting is just baffling. Moten is good but we can do better but **** if I'm going to sit here and pretend to be confident we will.

Clark just went to the top of our recruiting board with Sony, if he wasn't already there.

Moten, at this point, projects as a DT or a power end. Both positions are big need positions. The kid is good enough. Plays at a feeder school. He should've been a top priority.

I mean folks keep saying "we can do better" or "its early, we can get someone else!"...at this point, how could someone say that?

Advertisement
Oh well.. who cares really. Onto bigger and better fish... besides didn't that gator on here say Florida didn't really want him.. lol

I said I would not take him right now. That was before Dontavious Russell picked UGA yesterday I wonder if that is a coincidence that Russell who was higher on the board goes to UGA then Moten commits to Florida the next day.

He had a tweet that said he knew where he wanted to go about a week ago. JMO but I think the Gators staff thinks better of him than you do

Despite what you think, kids dont care about the scheme that much. How well the coaches recruit the kid, how good the team is right now, and charactertics of the university are far more important

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I know I would have the opposite reaction if he committed, but I just can't get too worked up about it in April.

I have faith that Golden knows he can't strike out on DTs again.

Maybe that's delusional. But I trust Golden to find four good ones by next February.

I know I would have the opposite reaction if he committed, but I just can't get too worked up about it in April.

I have faith that Golden knows he can't strike out on DTs again.

Maybe that's delusional. But I trust Golden to find four good ones by next February.

What ever happens I just don't want any scrubs

Advertisement
This hurt because, as stated, he's local, he's a solid prospect, we're thin at the position and he's got some scheme versatility. is he a sure fire 5 star? No. Is that the only type of prospect we need? No. The only real silver lining here is that it's April so we have plenty of time to find other prospects and put in a lot of work. ****, we still have a chance to blow up with on field play. I like to think a lot of quality prospects blow up late because they're growing into their big a$$ bodies. Let's see this play out

I don't think recruits look at or even know the scheme we play. But rather other coaches point out that our scheme is not suited for them.

Ideally, we can counter by pointing flaws in someone else's scheme but we can't negative recruit with this NCAA crap over our heads

Advertisement
This hurt because, as stated, he's local, he's a solid prospect, we're thin at the position and he's got some scheme versatility. is he a sure fire 5 star? No. Is that the only type of prospect we need? No. The only real silver lining here is that it's April so we have plenty of time to find other prospects and put in a lot of work. ****, we still have a chance to blow up with on field play. I like to think a lot of quality prospects blow up late because they're growing into their big a$$ bodies. Let's see this play out

Great post, please post more.

Sorry but I am not buying that kids dont care about scheme. How many times have we heard kids say, "I want to play in a pro-style offense., etc"...Why you think we always clown UF because they cant recruit any big time WRs? Or we clown FSU because they TEs aint never been ****? Kids look at that stuff. Kids want to be Nkodomong Suh (sp?) nowadays not Vince Wilfork. Whens the last time you heard a kid say that Casey Hampton was there favorite DT? Khari Clark is an exception. He was born to be in the defense. But guys like Keith Bryant would not like it.

I dont want to say losing Moten doesnt hurt cuz it does. ESPECIALLY losing him to FLA. I guess now we see why we have been offering all these DTs out of the woodworks. Im thinking the staff knew about Moten for some time now.

people can you please stop acting like the big cloud (sanction) are not hanging over us just because we feel like its over don’t mean recruits feel the same and when they take visits to places like Alabama, Florida, FL state, or lsu and see those bowl games they went to they don’t think "hey i can play for Miami and just play the regular season" it’s not that its guaranteed it’s the fact that we don’t know and they don’t either so some don’t take the chance especially JUCO they only have 2 years and they need bowl games for the NFL

Advertisement
I'm not too worried about Moten in particular but obviously our DT recruiting is just baffling. Moten is good but we can do better but **** if I'm going to sit here and pretend to be confident we will.

Clark just went to the top of our recruiting board with Sony, if he wasn't already there.

Moten, at this point, projects as a DT or a power end. Both positions are big need positions. The kid is good enough. Plays at a feeder school. He should've been a top priority.

I mean folks keep saying "we can do better" or "its early, we can get someone else!"...at this point, how could someone say that?

I feel ya man. My mind is officially bottled on the subject.

Sorry but I am not buying that kids dont care about scheme. How many times have we heard kids say, "I want to play in a pro-style offense., etc"...Why you think we always clown UF because they cant recruit any big time WRs? Or we clown FSU because they TEs aint never been ****? Kids look at that stuff. Kids want to be Nkodomong Suh (sp?) nowadays not Vince Wilfork. Whens the last time you heard a kid say that Casey Hampton was there favorite DT? Khari Clark is an exception. He was born to be in the defense. But guys like Keith Bryant would not like it.

I dont want to say losing Moten doesnt hurt cuz it does. ESPECIALLY losing him to FLA. I guess now we see why we have been offering all these DTs out of the woodworks. Im thinking the staff knew about Moten for some time now.

Kids say that but do not follow through.

Ex 1: O'Leary the fumbling te at fsu he wanted to play in pro style offense right?

Advertisement
Back