Moten to UF

Advertisement
So much crying going on in this thread.

Man up, you ****ing girls. It's not about who you miss on, it's about who you get. There are plenty of DT's out there.

There were plenty of DTs last year as well. How many did we end up with again?

One, Ufomba Kamalu, who, if you ever saw him play, is a complete beast.

Go watch the JUCO national championship from last year, he was completely unstoppable in that game. He was like a wrecking ball in the backfield.

I trust Golden to find us talent. ****, Olsen Pierre ain't bad, and he was like a 2 star nobody who was headed to Temple. As far as I can tell, he's right up there with 5 star Jalen Grimble and 5 star Luther Robinson as far as where they're at right now.

So you never know.

Kamalu, right now, is more of an end...a stack and shed end, but an end.

Maybe we Olsen Pierre'em, but he should be a stack end.

Kamalu is 6'6, 280 lbs with 3 years to play 3. He can play inside or out.

Actually, he's not a lot different from Anthony Moten in that way, who everyone is crying about losing.

Kamalu is 6'6, 280 lbs with 3 years to play 3. He can play inside or out.

Actually, he's not a lot different from Anthony Moten in that way, who everyone is crying about losing.

If you look at his ample amount of highlights...he rarely played inside (he did a few times)...he was playing a ton of 5, 6, 7 technique. Even had him standing up. I'm aware of his size, but his skill set looks more like an end. So did Olsen Pierre at Prep (and when he first got here) and we moved him inside...but he gets pushed around quite a bit as well, so, there's that.

Him playing 3 for 3 has less interest to me of him "growing" into 310lbs...unnecessary...he's got about zero technique (dude is rawer than an un-cooked steak)...meanwhile, he's going to come in around 20 years old with an already developed body with what looked like long arms.

I've stated before...we need a jumbo end just as much, perhaps, even more than a tackle. We at least got bodies at tackle, we don't even have a body to play a power end.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Man up, you ****ing girls. It's not about who you miss on, it's about who you get. There are plenty of DT's out there.

Go watch the JUCO national championship from last year, he was completely unstoppable in that game. He was like a wrecking ball in the backfield.

I trust Golden to find us talent. ****, Olsen Pierre ain't bad, and he was like a 2 star nobody who was headed to Temple. As far as I can tell, he's right up there with 5 star Jalen Grimble and 5 star Luther Robinson as far as where they're at right now.

So you never know.

Where was Luther ever ranked a 5 star? Olsen was a 4 star on 247 sports coming out. Not like he was some bum. UM MISSED on Lavon hooks, Jaynard Bostwick who was supposed to be a lock, Keith Bryant, and Terrell Brooks. Staff also tried to get on in two kids out of MS jucos late but they weren't interested at all. Also missed on a kid they offered really late who picked Kentucky over UM. In 2012, UM missed on Eddie Goldman, Leanord Williams, Damien Jacobs(didn't recruit very hard), Darius Hamilton who would have been a de/Dt, etc..... That's too many misses. End of story.

I think the world of Golden, but that doesn't mean we should make excuses and gloss over concerns. And the misses at DT recruiting over the last couple of years are a glaring concern.

Of course there is plenty of time until FEB 2014, and other DT prospects are out there, but losing Moten still is a big hit, given the circumstances. Most importantly, it's a position of need with a pretty wide open depth chart for a recruit. Also, we have been on the kid since at least his sophomore year; he's from a local school that has sent us a lot of talent; and one of his good friends (or so we thought) is on our DL. And, unless my memory is failing me, we were supposedly his leader until recently.

had he verballed to us, we'd all be rightfully cheering. So it's perfectly acceptable to acknowledge that his verbal to UF is a big loss.

Advertisement
Just read that Curtis Porter is out 8-12 months with a pulled pork sandwich

So you never know.

Yea, the guy that Golden himself called a DE, not DT. Thank you for proving my point.

If you look at his ample amount of highlights...he rarely played inside (he did a few times)...he was playing a ton of 5, 6, 7 technique. Even had him standing up. I'm aware of his size, but his skill set looks more like an end. So did Olsen Pierre at Prep (and when he first got here) and we moved him inside...but he gets pushed around quite a bit as well, so, there's that.

I think Pierre made some serious improvements toward the end of the year (started w/ the NC St. game). We wont know until the games start back up, but he was much more stable against the run at the end of the year (it also helps that Miami was blowing clowns out...reducing the runs @ the defense.

I think Pierre made some serious improvements toward the end of the year (started w/ the NC St. game). We wont know until the games start back up, but he was much more stable against the run at the end of the year (it also helps that Miami was blowing clowns out...reducing the runs @ the defense.

I think you summed it up.

Pierre played well down the stretch...but we were playing bums.

Advertisement
Pierre was a lot lighter than Kamalu when he got to Miami. Given the dire DT situation I see no reason why Kamalu won't be in the mix at DT. He looks good playing DE on film but there's no way we can afford him not to be a DT here.

Pierre was a lot lighter than Kamalu when he got to Miami. Given the dire DT situation I see no reason why Kamalu won't be in the mix at DT. He looks good playing DE on film but there's no way we can afford him not to be a DT here.

Guy has no technique.

If he's playing a lot this year, its out of need, and that isn't a place I'd like to be in.

Advertisement
@anthony_moten95: Its. @D1andOnly_Q @CL1_Era TIME TO COMMITT TO FLORIDA..#GOGATORS

hold up, wasn't he just recruiting them to Miami a couple weeks ago? LOL

Lammons head is getting big since he is getting all these offers. He hasn't mentioned miami in a long time, while he was all about the canes prior to having these big time offers

Advertisement
Back