More thoughts on the game

Advertisement
How come we never throw to middle of the field.?Other teams gash us everytime throwing to the middle, why don't we return the favor.

OFFENSE:
- Much better tempo and like the concepts overall. Need to refine and let it gel.
- WRs were underwhelming. Need to predicate the passing game on Brevin - not Harley.
- Love the RBs. Lash needs to get them incorporated into the passing game.
- OL was decent. Like the Tackles but not impressed with the interior.

DEFENSE:
- Like the DL. Need more from Roche though. We will miss Rousseau.
- Ford underwhelmed. I so desperately want him to be a dominator given his size. Think he'll be the 2020 version of Pat Bethel - steady but not spectacular.
- Need changes at LB. McCloud and Jennings are slow MLBs who should be used for run heavy opponents. Need faster LBs out there.
- Like the Safeties and Strikers. Corners.... Blades did well and I will leave it at that.
My biggest concern was getting ANYONE involved in the passing game, as there really wasn't much of one. I'm sure I wasn't the only person that saw they had a WR with over 100 yards and thought, "Why can't we have nice things?"

Advertisement
Wiggins and Harley didn’t have a problem getting behind Louisville’s DBs last year.
This true but doesnt mean much when we play them next week, things change year to year. Esp on college level, not saying UL will have strong D but with how we play in how many every years we are in ACC we cant take anyone lightly or expect these guys to perform consistently. **** is 50/50 at this point if they repeat performance

If you're going to give a man a job to do - you have to give him the freedom to do that job - and the authority to do that job.

Running up the score wasn't an objective last night. To the man with the authority to run up the score.
Well it’s odd that Manny felt the need to say he felt we weren’t good in the 4th q

Advertisement
ryan reynolds wtf GIF

Did we look better than when we put up 17 on Central Michigan in 2019? Yes, definitely.

Did we look better than when we put up 49 on Toledo in 2018? No

The disappointment on the board is everyone was expecting a lot from the new offense to begin with. Then the practice & scrimmage reports came out and people started REALLY buying into the hype. So it's just one game, and there were positives, but it was definitely underwhelming.

King is a stud with his ability to make plays with feet. But not hitting any plays downfield was concerning.

I don't buy that we we were holding anything back on offense. We took some *****, we just missed. Badly. We're in trouble if that continues.
I hate it when I take a **** and miss.

I’m not real worried about King’s passing. I think he missed some throws he would normally make.

I also think that’s just who he is as a passer. I’m sure this won’t be the last game this year that we get frustrated for missed throws, but I’m sure he’ll have games that will leave our jaws on the floor as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lashlee reached heavily into his Malzhan bag of plays this week, looking forward to him showing more of his Dykes bag soon.

Serious question, is this defense completely Baker or is Manny playing a part as well? I can’t help but think it’s Baker because it looks nothing like the defense when Manny was DC ..

Advertisement
Back