Milk Carton — Jaleel Skinner

What you and @Memnon said are both true.

So why didn’t he play at all at any position last week? It’s not like they thought they were recruiting Cam McCormick when they flipped him. The whole roster got into the game in a rout, why didn’t he?
There’s a reason he didn’t play. If he gets the same plays this week I’ll be intrigued.

Advertisement
He’s not a te, just watch how he was used last year. It was mostly all flexed out . He’s only a te in name. It’s time to move on from that experiment unless he redshirts and I don’t see that.

Btw this is last season.
But Dalton Kinkaid from Utah just got drafted by the Bills in the 1st rd this year when all he did was flex out at TE or big WR type

He got disciplined, thats it. I presume they lit up his *** once and he talked back.

Mario benched LT for the whole game because he rightfully made the ref aware that they were holding him and he got flagged for it.
Taylor's penalty happened midway through the 3rd quarter so where are you getting that LT was benched the whole game? Making it up?

Taylor's penalty happened midway through the 3rd quarter so where are you getting that LT was benched the whole game? Making it up?
I guess you're either counting peas or reading comprehension isn't your thing, because plenty of people, including @Cribby , understood my comment.

Advertisement
I guess you're either counting peas or reading comprehension isn't your thing, because plenty of people, including @Cribby , understood my comment.
Peas may be what you have for brains but you clearly posted LT was benched the whole game, which was 100% false. I don't give two ***** who you believe understood or validated your post. what you posted was incorrect.

Peas may be what you have for brains but you clearly posted LT was benched the whole game, which was 100% false. I don't give two ***** who you believe understood or validated your post. what you posted was incorrect.
Oml, he got benched after the penalty for remainder of the game. Are you happy for correcting someone whose main language isnt english? Here you go, your prize of the day:

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Clap Applause GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

And don't forget to pat your shoulder, you've done so well. But why the **** am I surprised, you manage to post 3.000 times on the board and have less reaction score, which means, you're a flap.

Mario single handedly keyed on this guy in recruiting and took him at the last minute

He wasn’t a Manny recruit that Mario was saddled with. Pretty sure he knows he’s a weapon

This thread is a lot of making something out of nothing. Not to mention the kid does not have reliable hands to this point (yet)
My response was to the poster saying Skinner won't play until he proves himself to be a reliable blocker. I think that is just silly. He's just a true Sophomore. It will take time for his physical development. His other skills are just too great to not utilize.

It took David Njoku 3 years to develop his body and skillset. Skinner's skillset is ahead of Njoku's for the same time frame. He just needs time for his strength and blocking to come along, but they should take advantage of his other skills.

I expect to see a lot of him in the TAMU game. He's too much of a weapon. There is literally no one on the defense that can cover him. He's had a few drops, but I certainly wouldn't label him as "not reliable." I would just keep feeding him the ball and live with the occasional drop.

I think the game plan for Ohio was to NOT use the TEs in the passing game. I hope Dawson is of a Bill Belichick mindset where you would see the Patriots run the ball 50 times one week and then do something completely different the next based on the opponent. I really believe we'll see something different against TAMU. TE's, faster pace, and plenty of vertical routes.

In the same sentence @Bender stated LT was benched for the whole game, he also explained it was after arguing with the ref that Ohio players "were holding him". Was this context really not enough for you understand that by "whole game" he meant 'the whole game from that point on' (i.e., the remainder of the game)?

Advertisement
If you’re a TE for this team & you don’t Block, you don’t play.

Mario sees TE’s an extension of the OL & Blocking is their #1 priority.

Until this kid adds a ton of weight/strength & learns to Block, he’s probably not gonna be on the field too often.
Yep we rolled out another olineman at TE lol mario is telling us what he wants his offenses to be

Yep we rolled out another olineman at TE lol mario is telling us what he wants his offenses to be
The Ol playing te was as much we didn’t have any Te available minus CM and a couple FR.

I do think Riley gets more pt as the season unfolds. I just hope Arroyo‘s issue doesn’t drag out like mine did my Jr year. Every time I thought it was one hundred percent I felt a twinge when I exploded . It can get mental the longer it drags out.

The Ol playing te was as much we didn’t have any Te available minus CM and a couple FR.

I do think Riley gets more pt as the season unfolds. I just hope Arroyo‘s issue doesn’t drag out like mine did my Jr year. Every time I thought it was one hundred percent I felt a twinge when I exploded . It can get mental the longer it drags out.

This is the reason I said I wasn't really expecting much from him this year, and @JustAFanHTX seemed more optimistic. Obviously we're all hoping he's right, because Arroyo is clearly the best option at TE at this point and an NFL player when healthy. I was just so disappointed when he got hurt last year because an ACL that late in the year usually kills essentially two seasons. And when you're in college/trying to impress scouts, you don't have much of a window.

You just so infrequently see a college player tear an ACL and be 100.0% himself in a year or less. It's incredibly uncommon. In the NFL, when it's your job to rehab with some of the best medical professionals in their field, it's doable. But it's just not in college, unless you're an incredible outlier. So it's been said on here that he'll play this year, and I believe that he will. But I just don't think we see the real Arroyo until next season, or MAYBE at the very tail end of this one. If his knee is at the point where he can't even dress in early September, I just see zero path to it being completely perfect by October. But I am really hoping he proves me wrong, because it's money time for him, and we need him badly. Especially with this Skinner stuff. I know they're definitely not the same player, but you can at least put Skinner on the field and the defense recognizes him as a TE. It's evident that the staff literally only trusts McCormick to play in that traditional role right now with Arroyo out and the 2 true freshmen just not ready yet. And we don't have much of acclimation period here, we have a team flying in on Friday night that has some absolute dudes up front.

Just really, really sucks. For Elijah and for the squad. Him at 100% health completely changes the dynamic of this offense, IMO.

Advertisement

I think we will see mario putting extra olineman in regardless lol he cant help himself

This is the reason I said I wasn't really expecting much from him this year, and @JustAFanHTX seemed more optimistic. Obviously we're all hoping he's right, because Arroyo is clearly the best option at TE at this point and an NFL player when healthy. I was just so disappointed when he got hurt last year because an ACL that late in the year usually kills essentially two seasons. And when you're in college/trying to impress scouts, you don't have much of a window.

You just so infrequently see a college player tear an ACL and be 100.0% himself in a year or less. It's incredibly uncommon. In the NFL, when it's your job to rehab with some of the best medical professionals in their field, it's doable. But it's just not in college, unless you're an incredible outlier. So it's been said on here that he'll play this year, and I believe that he will. But I just don't think we see the real Arroyo until next season, or MAYBE at the very tail end of this one. If his knee is at the point where he can't even dress in early September, I just see zero path to it being completely perfect by October. But I am really hoping he proves me wrong, because it's money time for him, and we need him badly. Especially with this Skinner stuff. I know they're definitely not the same player, but you can at least put Skinner on the field and the defense recognizes him as a TE. It's evident that the staff literally only trusts McCormick to play in that traditional role right now with Arroyo out and the 2 true freshmen just not ready yet. And we don't have much of acclimation period here, we have a team flying in on Friday night that has some absolute dudes up front.

Just really, really sucks. For Elijah and for the squad. Him at 100% health completely changes the dynamic of this offense, IMO.

Something seems off with our injury analysis. This isn’t a blame Feld. It’s a question of whether we misread injuries in terms of roster management.

Zion. Arroyo.

Something seems off with our injury analysis. This isn’t a blame Feld. It’s a question of whether we misread injuries in terms of roster management.

Zion. Arroyo.

Zion and Arroyo are not the same.

Zion is a total enigma. Kid got hurt, and his medical records have been sealed and welded to the hull of the Titanic on the floor of the Atlantic.

Arroyo just tore his ACL and he's working his way back. He's not ready yet, nor would I expect him to be. It's roughly 10.5 months since his surgery, I believe.

Advertisement
I swear I laugh every time I read this threads title. It's also one of those things I'm not sure my kids would get.

Zion is a total enigma. Kid got hurt, and his medical records have been sealed and welded to the hull of the Titanic on the floor of the Atlantic.

Arroyo just tore his ACL and he's working his way back. He's not ready yet, nor would I expect him to be. It's roughly 10.5 months since his surgery, I believe.

Agreed. Each is different and takes time to heal. But without getting negative: did we think Zion would be good for 2022 and brought in merely 2 jags to bolster a weak line. In 2023, did we think Arroyo was a go, so we went with the inline blocking TE vs a receiving TE and to your point what’s up with Skinner… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some of this gets odd. We need to win.

If everything remains status quo, you’ll see elijah and skinner Saturday

Advertisement
Back