Milk Carton — Jaleel Skinner

Advertisement
In this offense there is a premium on being a physical blocker you got to be able to move people-If he’s dropping balls as well he won’t see the field-

Arroyo, I hope he’s not going to be a guy who’s constantly dealing with injuries.

Did Ladson play or was he suspended as well?
He played was surprised they had Horton in front of him as Horton seems LOST out there and not ready for pt.. This dude was not even ready to catch passes and he will cause INT for TVD, one play TVD threw the ball to him and he is blocking down field not ready for ball.. I dont even think he knew the ball was thrown to him, the drop off from Colbie to horton was MASSIVE

Advertisement
He got disciplined, thats it. I presume they lit up his *** once and he talked back.

Mario benched LT for the whole game because he rightfully made the ref aware that they were holding him and he got flagged for it.
This isn't 2022. This is how you hold your players accountable.

Advertisement
In this offense there is a premium on being a physical blocker you got to be able to move people-If he’s dropping balls as well he won’t see the field-

Arroyo, I hope he’s not going to be a guy who’s constantly dealing with injuries.
Sounds like Arroyo is practicing so I would expect him getting reps on Saturday.

Still think McCormick gets two balls off play action. He will not be accounted for off RPO.

Advertisement
Use him as an outside WR until he gains weight.
Mario said he is working his way onto the field. Bottomline earn your playing time. This isn't 2022. Team has bought into this and as long as we are healthy this is the right approach.

Is there an APB out for this kid? Where tf was he Friday night? We played Matt McCoy at Tight End and Cam McCormick at H-back on a bunch of snaps. Late in the game, both Riley Williams and Jackson Carver Ranches got in….but no 23??? What’s the deal? I thought this dude really popped last year and I’m expecting big things.

I know he’s light in the *** so if you’re gonna just go 12 heavy all night he’s probably not gonna play a lot. But I saw he had zero snaps. Injury? Discipline? What’s the deal here?
OR maybe we didn't wanna expose our hand on the role he'll be playing this season.

Skinner has been disappointing. If you are not an elite at blocking, at least catch the ball. Every ball to this kid is 50/50.
If he improves his consistency then his YAC ability makes him special. I personally wanna see him get a few looks within the slot in a 4 WR set vs TAMU. He is definitely a mismatch in certain situations. But he has to become more reliable or he'll get passed up by Riley Williams.

Advertisement
OR maybe we didn't wanna expose our hand on the role he'll be playing this season.

But zero snaps? Not even some live reps to give the kid a game experience? Not even some live reps for smokescreen? I really find it hard to believe that he’s fully healthy, he’s not under any discipline restrictions, and he has a role that we have defined for him, but he’s cool with a plan of him watching the entire game like you and I did.

Either way, what’s done is done. But we need this kid this year. If you’re right, we’ll see a lot of him on Saturday.

But zero snaps? Not even some live reps to give the kid a game experience? Not even some live reps for smokescreen? I really find it hard to believe that he’s fully healthy, he’s not under any discipline restrictions, and he has a role that we have defined for him, but he’s cool with a plan of him watching the entire game like you and I did.

Either way, what’s done is done. But we need this kid this year. If you’re right, we’ll see a lot of him on Saturday.
It could be a combination.... Obviously no one unloads the playbook when the game is in hand. And if it is a discipline thing unlikely to be a huge deal considering the opponent. I think most starters played around 15-20 snaps, I dont see much of a benefit if he was out there for 10 snaps as a smoke screen or running a route or two. I think someone mentioned there was at least one suspension and a few bumps and bruises that could impact snap counts. Aside from Arroyo what other "starter" level of player did not play a single snap?

Advertisement
Back