Mike Rumph on WQAM - 8/15/17

****. Ppl gotta chill on this QB thing. It'll work itself out. Or it won't. It's entirely possible that we just don't have a QB in that room that is ready to lead this team to the record it otherwise deserves this season. But it's not like CMR hasn't been around the block before, he'll do what's best for the team. I'mma just chill over here going over my assigned passages from Pastor Richt. Y'all gotta do me a favor and go easier on each other on this stuff, it's harshing my inner peace. Can't we all just get along?

Advertisement
Y'all have to chill on "he has more talent". I'm really rooting for the kid. However, it's not guaranteed he'll grasp everything by the assumed time. Last thing we need is a Jeff Driskel (all the physical talent ) but can't perform in games. Let Kosi develop at his own pace.

Jeff Driskel, Dan Kendra, Robert Marve, DJ Shockley, Dayne Crist, Mitch Mustain, Ryan Perrilloux, Kyle Wright

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

“And N’Kosi Perry is doing a great job, too. He has a young, strong arm, extremely strong arm. He loves the deep ball and makes some plays that are incredible. But I think the game is going to have to slow down for him. We’re throwing a lot at him as a defense. Once the game slows down I think throughout the season there are going to be some times where we’re probably going to need him to step up and play, if not start."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article167278097.html#navlink=CustList

“And N’Kosi Perry is doing a great job, too. He has a young, strong arm, extremely strong arm. He loves the deep ball and makes some plays that are incredible. But I think the game is going to have to slow down for him. We’re throwing a lot at him as a defense. Once the game slows down I think throughout the season there are going to be some times where we’re probably going to need him to step up and play, if not start."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article167278097.html#navlink=CustList
I did a few pages back man lol. It's telling though imo

Advertisement
Diaz was practically doing a Mexican hat dance over Delaney yesterday. He loves him and said if the ball is anywhere near him he's catching it.

Delaney might be the best corner we've had on the roster in 12 years. I believe he is simply that good.

My guy

Advertisement
Diaz was practically doing a Mexican hat dance over Delaney yesterday. He loves him and said if the ball is anywhere near him he's catching it.

Delaney might be the best corner we've had on the roster in 12 years. I believe he is simply that good.

Artie says hi...
Never know what you were going to get from him in the run game. There was time he was really physical and a time I can't get out of my head when that clemson receiver blocked and man handled him into the grown on a run play. Delaney ball skills are top notch though. He's a ballhawk

Artie says hi...

Corn was a better player AT MIAMI than Artie. Artie has all the tools and potential to definitely be the better NFL player, though

How and when was it proved that Perry is not what's best for winning today?

Because Richt said yesterday that the 2 older guys are in the lead, that they don't know as much of what they're doing and Rumph's interview corroborates that. No one is rooting against Perry. I guarantee you that everyone wishes he was dominating these guys right now...but he's not. He's not there yet and we want to go with whoever gives us the best chance to win now.

And we aren't playing right now. They are leading right now, but there is more time to decide, so who's best to win with next month hasn't been proven yet. And I guarantee you that everyone is not rooting for Perry to dominate them. Many posters came out and admitted so for various reasons but mainly because of the history of starting true freshman QB failure. They feel that the more experienced guy is best in this scenario.

Not sure if you are confused, trolling, or both?

There is no canes fan in here hoping he fails. There are many who don't buy into the hype that he will be mentally ready to be the best shot at winning. Those things you are referencing are reasons why they don't seem him being mentally ready to beat out the competition which he is still behind. He may be the most physically gifted of all the QBs but being mentally prepared is an even bigger aspect. Every canes fan who doesn't think he will be mentally ready this season with so little time would love for him to be mentally Peyton Manning in his NFL prime right now.

Advertisement

I did a few pages back man lol. It's telling though imo

Rumph's playing nice. Rosier appears to be the guy right now. Anything can happen down the road, especially if there is an injury or performance issue. Unless something changes at the next scrimmage, I expect Rosier to start followed by Shireffs.

Last edited:

If whoever gets the nod to start the season plays decent enough and goes 6-1 or 5-2 after the first couple of months, do you honestly think there's a chance Richt would pull that starter in favor for Nkosi?

Advertisement

Artie burns?

Yes, even better than Artie, and I liked Artie a LOT.

The same Artie who let that kicker slap him around?

Artie says hi...

Corn was a better player AT MIAMI than Artie. Artie has all the tools and potential to definitely be the better NFL player, though

This. Artie was up & down at Miami IMO. He is really stepping up in the NFL though. Tomlin said recently hes 50/50 against Antonio Brown and Brown himself said he needed Artie back healthy because it was too easy going against the other guys. AB is going to make Artie a monster. Great to see Artie becoming the man for my Steelers. Apologies for slight derail, but it was Cane related.

Go Canes!

Artie burns?

Yes, even better than Artie, and I liked Artie a LOT.

The same Artie who let that kicker slap him around?

yea that artie lol

If whoever gets the nod to start the season plays decent enough and goes 6-1 or 5-2 after the first couple of months, do you honestly think there's a chance Richt would pull that starter in favor for Nkosi?

Isn't Rumph the same guy who called Adrian Colbert "Colbertson" last year and publicly congratulated Marco Wilson for picking UF? He's not at his best in these contemporaneous moments.

Advertisement
Back