Mike Rumph on WQAM - 8/15/17

I don't see how they can keep Malik off the field, kid has been straight ballhawking since the spring.

Advertisement
N'Kosi fanboys are the absolute worst.

I'm pretty sure half of them want Perry to start because they know that would lead to a 6 win season, and they get sexual pleasure out of hating on Miami

So rosier or sheriffs guaranteeds miami wins more than 6 games?

I'm pretty sure half of them want Perry to start because they know that would lead to a 6 win season, and they get sexual pleasure out of hating on Miami

It's unreal. If you don't think Perry should be anointed the starter, regardless of where he is performance-wise, then you hate Perry and this cabal of Perry First adherents attack you.

Its the same for you rosier lovers. Its amazing how he has fans coming out the closet because he finally completed 50% of his passes in a scrimmage.

Whoever is the QB, I'm 100% behind.

But why do I get the feeling there are several people who care less about the canes and more about being right.

If only Perry was ready and dialed in, I'd be very happy, because I think he has the potential to do great things.

But I just happen to care way more about the team. Canes above all else and any individual.

It's unreal. If you don't think Perry should be anointed the starter, regardless of where he is performance-wise, then you hate Perry and this cabal of Perry First adherents attack you.

Its the same for you rosier lovers. Its amazing how he has fans coming out the closet because he finally completed 50% of his passes in a scrimmage.

I think it's a negative that Perry hasn't beaten out the other 2 but I am not focused on who it is that I am personally rooting for (Perry), I just want the guy who will give us the best chance to win today. Right now the coaches seem to be saying that person is Rosier so I'm riding with it. If after the next scrimmage, they say it's Evan or Perry then I'm riding with that. It's all about wins. Canes First.

Last edited:
Advertisement

But why do I get the feeling there are several people who care less about the canes and more about being right.

If only Perry was ready and dialed in, I'd be very happy, because I think he has the potential to do great things.

But I just happen to care way more about the team. Canes above all else and any individual.

Its not about being right. Some want perry to start right away because they believe he is better than the other 2 guys. You dudes beating the table for rosier are doing the same **** thing that yall are saying perry fans are doing.

Its not even about perry starting right away because i never thought he would. Its about not believing that the 2 vets are good enough.

Yall can twist and turn this however you want but those fans that are questioning rosier and sheriffs ability has just as much right to do that as others that are questioning if a true freshmen is ready.

I think it's a negative that Perry hasn't beaten out the other 2 but I am not focused on who it is that I am personally rooting for (Perry), I just want the guy who will give us the best chance to win today. Right now the coaches seem to be saying that person is Rosier so I'm riding with it. If after the next scrimmage, they say it's Evan or Perry then I'm riding with that. It's all about wins. Canes First.

We have no choice but to go with whoever is picked but it doesn't mean you can't question if you think they are the right guy or not.

We have no choice but to go with whoever is picked but it doesn't mean you can't question if you think they are the right guy or not.

I agree. I'm not confident in any of them. I can only go on what the coaches are seeing/saying.

He just got here which is why richt decided to take a wait and see approach. Sherriffs and rozier have been practicing in college offense for 3 and 4 years. Of course they may be ahead right now like richt said. But what does that say about their ability if perry eventually does beat them out given their advantages in the system

Advertisement

Its not about being right. Some want perry to start right away because they believe he is better than the other 2 guys. You dudes beating the table for rosier are doing the same **** thing that yall are saying perry fans are doing.

Its not even about perry starting right away because i never thought he would. Its about not believing that the 2 vets are good enough.

Yall can twist and turn this however you want but those fans that are questioning rosier and sheriffs ability has just as much right to do that as others that are questioning if a true freshmen is ready.

Except Richt has said Rosier and Sherrifs are better options right now than Perry.

The Perry fanboys are adamant that Richt is wrong. The rest of us are just riding on what Richt tells us.

GTFO with equivocating between the two. Everyone would love for Perry to be the guy for the next 3 years. If Richt doesn't think he's the best guy right now, some of us don't want to lose games just to watch him develop.

That is the difference

He just got here which is why richt decided to take a wait and see approach. Sherriffs and rozier have been practicing in college offense for 3 and 4 years. Of course they may be ahead right now like richt said. But what does that say about their ability if perry eventually does beat them out given their advantages in the system

Who the fūck cares what it says? I don't even get your point.

Perry will probably eventually beat them, but it might not be until next year. But this year, next year, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that we get the best quarterback playing at the time that gives us the best chance to win. And if it's Perry what it says is he's come along way and he's probably doing really well which is good. Who cares what it says about the other guys. Stupid fūcking question

You really post some nonsensical stuff, broke

Perry is the unknown. And people love the unknown. They love the potential upside. And I think that's where a lot of the perry love is from. We already know more or less what we'll get with the older guys. It's like if someone said you can have 1 million right now or flip a coin for a chance to win 5 million. Many people will pick the coin option because the unknown upside is intriguing. Not saying it's the right choice but some prefer it

Except Richt has said Rosier and Sherrifs are better options right now than Perry.

Nobody wants Perry to start before he's ready. The OP is about getting Perry ready because, as Rumph admitted, we will need him.

Advertisement
Perry has been connected to the new look Canes/Canes re-emergence movement by the most optimistic/excited/and somewhat homeristic Canes fans. If you've been a Canes fan for at least the last 15 years, U should be able to understand why. It's a blog, let's have fun with it. I think dudes are super pumped for a new day as Canes fans...Perry has been attached to these feelings.

The irony.

The Perry fanboys are adamant that Richt is wrong. The rest of us are just riding on what Richt tells us.

GTFO with equivocating between the two. Everyone would love for Perry to be the guy for the next 3 years. If Richt doesn't think he's the best guy right now, some of us don't want to lose games just to watch him develop.

That is the difference

You still could be watching the team lose with rosier and sheriffs and thats what some of you fail to understand.

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

“And N’Kosi Perry is doing a great job, too. He has a young, strong arm, extremely strong arm. He loves the deep ball and makes some plays that are incredible. But I think the game is going to have to slow down for him. We’re throwing a lot at him as a defense. Once the game slows down I think throughout the season there are going to be some times where we’re probably going to need him to step up and play, if not start."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article167278097.html#navlink=CustList
I did a few pages back man lol. It's telling though imo

In all fairness - you did.

The problem is that a few are in such a rush to jump down your throat - they can't tell schitt from strawberries.

Advertisement
Those reports are coming from biased insiders who want Perry to win the job, and aren't Malik fans

Its not biased its facts. Rosier talked about it one time himself.

Rosier said that after spring, and it was something he sought to improve upon this summer---and he specifically said Malik Young had his number, in particular, after Spring practice. However, insiders were saying he was turning it over during fall camp (over the last 2 weeks), which is the exact opposite of what we've heard from coaches (including his position coach) or have seen in the most recent scrimmage.

I didnt see any insiders say he was turning it over in fall practice. From what i seen they say he is still erratic and still struggles with accuracy.

Dmoney said rosier has thrown more ints in practice than sherriffs and Perry combined in fall camp. On top of that in pete podcast pete said perry hasn't thrown many ints this fall

In the interview, Rumph said Rosier doesn't turn the ball over. He is misinformed I guess. Not sure why he is not a member of CIS since it's free and he can get more reliable information.

Jesus Christ, some of you need to take a break from this site. We are in a ****** situation because the previous regime didn't plan for life after Kaaya. CMR has been given a ****** hand at QB and I'm sure he'll do the best he can with what he has. There is no easy answer for the short term. Let's just hope that's not the case for the long term.

How and when was it proved that Perry is not what's best for winning today?

Because Richt said yesterday that the 2 older guys are in the lead, that they don't know as much of what they're doing and Rumph's interview corroborates that. No one is rooting against Perry. I guarantee you that everyone wishes he was dominating these guys right now...but he's not. He's not there yet and we want to go with whoever gives us the best chance to win now.

And we aren't playing right now. They are leading right now, but there is more time to decide, so who's best to win with next month hasn't been proven yet. And I guarantee you that everyone is not rooting for Perry to dominate them. Many posters came out and admitted so for various reasons but mainly because of the history of starting true freshman QB failure. They feel that the more experienced guy is best in this scenario.

Not sure if you are confused, trolling, or both?

There is no canes fan in here hoping he fails. There are many who don't buy into the hype that he will be mentally ready to be the best shot at winning. Those things you are referencing are reasons why they don't seem him being mentally ready to beat out the competition which he is still behind. He may be the most physically gifted of all the QBs but being mentally prepared is an even bigger aspect. Every canes fan who doesn't think he will be mentally ready this season with so little time would love for him to be mentally Peyton Manning in his NFL prime right now.

You'd like to think that when someone begins a post with such dramatics that they actually know what they are talking about.

The posts U attached quote me as saying that not everyone wants Perry to dominate the other QBs in practice. What's more likely to be the truth: a poster saying "no Canes fan" feels a certain way or a poster saying, "some Canes fans feel a certain way. It's impossible for U to accurate or knowledgeable of what every Canes fan feels. So that first sentence was yet another false narrative and projection of passive aggressive Perry hater.

Advertisement
Back