Mike Rumph on WQAM - 8/15/17

Lol at Corn being better than Artie while at Miami (and thats nothing against Corn because he was a beast in his role). You can make a **** ton of plays at the nickel compared to playing on the outside. Artie didnt get picked on because QB's knew who he was and what he could do but he still put up numbers. Its a shame he couldnt get coached by Rumph and Diaz because he would've been a top 10 pick...

A lot of yall forget those players had to play in a terrible scheme with the previous coaches....

Advertisement
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

“And N’Kosi Perry is doing a great job, too. He has a young, strong arm, extremely strong arm. He loves the deep ball and makes some plays that are incredible. But I think the game is going to have to slow down for him. We’re throwing a lot at him as a defense. Once the game slows down I think throughout the season there are going to be some times where we’re probably going to need him to step up and play, if not start."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article167278097.html#navlink=CustList
I did a few pages back man lol. It's telling though imo

tumblr_m4pryooIKF1qzc5xjo1_400.gif

One report Rosier turn it over in practice all the time and the next report is that he's not turning it over. CIS staff which is it?

Those reports are coming from biased insiders who want Perry to win the job, and aren't Malik fans

Its not biased its facts. Rosier talked about it one time himself.

Rosier said that after spring, and it was something he sought to improve upon this summer---and he specifically said Malik Young had his number, in particular, after Spring practice.

literally

Lol at Corn being better than Artie while at Miami (and thats nothing against Corn because he was a beast in his role). You can make a **** ton of plays at the nickel compared to playing on the outside. Artie didnt get picked on because QB's knew who he was and what he could do but he still put up numbers. Its a shame he couldnt get coached by Rumph and Diaz because he would've been a top 10 pick...

A lot of yall forget those players had to play in a terrible scheme with the previous coaches....

Corn was our best corner 2 years ago

Advertisement

“And N’Kosi Perry is doing a great job, too. He has a young, strong arm, extremely strong arm. He loves the deep ball and makes some plays that are incredible. But I think the game is going to have to slow down for him. We’re throwing a lot at him as a defense. Once the game slows down I think throughout the season there are going to be some times where we’re probably going to need him to step up and play, if not start."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article167278097.html#navlink=CustList

If whoever gets the nod to start the season plays decent enough and goes 6-1 or 5-2 after the first couple of months, do you honestly think there's a chance Richt would pull that starter in favor for Nkosi?

Let's leave Perry out of the discussion for a second.
If we go 5-2 after 7 games, that means we lost at Duke, or one of the GT/Syracuse home games.
Assuming our defense is in good shape, we have a problem on offense if we don't win those 3.

Bank on losing to GT if a turnover machine (be it any of our QBs) starts

The alt unis and ring of honor ceremony have all but sealed our fate for that night. That is, unless something really has changed and this year is indeed different.

How and when was it proved that Perry is not what's best for winning today?

Because Richt said yesterday that the 2 older guys are in the lead, that they don't know as much of what they're doing and Rumph's interview corroborates that. No one is rooting against Perry. I guarantee you that everyone wishes he was dominating these guys right now...but he's not. He's not there yet and we want to go with whoever gives us the best chance to win now.
You sound like a Perry hater

Advertisement

Rumph's playing nice. Rosier appears to be the guy right now. Anything can happen down the road, especially if there is an injury or performance issue. Unless something changes at the next scrimmage, I expect Rosier to start followed by Shireffs.

Did N'Kosi steal your girl?

So start one of the veterans at the beginning and work nkosi in to eventually take over the job during the season? Sounds like the plan our coaches are going with

I hate this plan, If the 2 veterans are neck and neck. And Perry is far behind. He should not be handed the back up spot. Don't waste a year of his eligibility if he is that far behind red shirt him. If he starts to close the gap these last 2 scrimmages then move him up.

So start one of the veterans at the beginning and work nkosi in to eventually take over the job during the season? Sounds like the plan our coaches are going with

I hate this plan, If the 2 veterans are neck and neck. And Perry is far behind. He should not be handed the back up spot. Don't waste a year of his eligibility if he is that far behind red shirt him. If he starts to close the gap these last 2 scrimmages then move him up.

I doubt he's that far behind? Richt said the other 2 are ahead and are playing like veterans because they have been in the system. That's why richt said he had to be patient hes ready to see how big of a jump perry makes over this next week

N'Kosi fanboys are the absolute worst.

I'm pretty sure half of them want Perry to start because they know that would lead to a 6 win season, and they get sexual pleasure out of hating on Miami

Advertisement
One report Rosier turn it over in practice all the time and the next report is that he's not turning it over. CIS staff which is it?

Those reports are coming from biased insiders who want Perry to win the job, and aren't Malik fans

Its not biased its facts. Rosier talked about it one time himself.

Rosier said that after spring, and it was something he sought to improve upon this summer---and he specifically said Malik Young had his number, in particular, after Spring practice.

literally

I found that kinda funny since they both do wear 12 LOL

Last edited:

If whoever gets the nod to start the season plays decent enough and goes 6-1 or 5-2 after the first couple of months, do you honestly think there's a chance Richt would pull that starter in favor for Nkosi?

If they think Perry is the guy but needs a little more time then you can start Rosier for the first two games and have Perry come in as back up after each game is out of hand. Have Rosier start against FSU and if we lose then we can start Perry against Toledo assuming he is ready by then. I don't see how Perry would be ready to go into FSU and win. Sounds like Sheriff won't have the ability to beat FSU. So it seems our best chance to beat FSU is to go with Rosier. He can make plays and the downside is he turns ball over and we lose. Seems like we are losing if we have Sheriff or Perry so might as well take the risk and go with the guy who actually has a chance to win the game.

Said it once, gonna say it again....... If Perry becomes the starter at some point this season then the season will already be over because Rosier or Sheriffs would of already lost us 2 games, maybe 3 games.

Advertisement
How and when was it proved that Perry is not what's best for winning today?

Because Richt said yesterday that the 2 older guys are in the lead, that they don't know as much of what they're doing and Rumph's interview corroborates that. No one is rooting against Perry. I guarantee you that everyone wishes he was dominating these guys right now...but he's not. He's not there yet and we want to go with whoever gives us the best chance to win now.
You sound like a Perry hater

I love him. I want him to WIN the job but he's not there yet therefore I want the guy who will win us the most games right now.

Rumph's playing nice. Rosier appears to be the guy right now. Anything can happen down the road, especially if there is an injury or performance issue. Unless something changes at the next scrimmage, I expect Rosier to start followed by Shireffs.

Did N'Kosi steal your girl?

That's really original, Mikey. Is that the best you've got? Do you really want to start a fight with me?

Do everyone here a favor and don't derail the thread.

No, no, no...if that happens I can guarantee you our season is in the ****ter. If they're doing well why would you sit your QB? If Perry has the talent to take over then he has the talent to win it from the beginning.

He is more talented than them now. Its not just about talent.

I really don't understand the lust some poster have with this kid? He's seems capable enough, but as another poster mentioned seems there are a good many poster who want his success over the teams.
If it's not about talent then what is it about?

Do you understand football? Not even being funny. If you do you should know why it isnt just about talent. If it was just about talent dionte mullins would have been on the field last year.

Don't try to make it personal just because you posted something silly. I'm pretty sure everyone here understands football, so answer my question if it's not about talent what is it? And don't say the mental aspect of the game because that's a given.

It's not hard to comprehend. Al golden holdovers aren't highly regarded, especially when Malik is on tape admitting that he didn't even give a **** the first two years.

N'Kosi fanboys are the absolute worst.

I'm pretty sure half of them want Perry to start because they know that would lead to a 6 win season, and they get sexual pleasure out of hating on Miami

It's unreal. If you don't think Perry should be anointed the starter, regardless of where he is performance-wise, then you hate Perry and this cabal of Perry First adherents attacks you. They're so desperate for our savior to arrive that they can't think logically and rationally.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back