Mike Rumph on WQAM - 8/15/17

One report Rosier turn it over in practice all the time and the next report is that he's not turning it over. CIS staff which is it?

Those reports are coming from biased insiders who want Perry to win the job, and aren't Malik fans

Its not biased its facts. Rosier talked about it one time himself.

Rosier said that after spring, and it was something he sought to improve upon this summer---and he specifically said Malik Young had his number, in particular, after Spring practice. However, insiders were saying he was turning it over during fall camp (over the last 2 weeks), which is the exact opposite of what we've heard from coaches (including his position coach) or have seen in the most recent scrimmage.

I didnt see any insiders say he was turning it over in fall practice. From what i seen they say he is still erratic and still struggles with accuracy.

Dmoney said rosier has thrown more ints in practice than sherriffs and Perry combined in fall camp. On top of that in pete podcast pete said perry hasn't thrown many ints this fall

Advertisement
So start one of the veterans at the beginning and work nkosi in to eventually take over the job during the season. Sounds like the plan our coaches are going with

You just pulled that out your ***.

When talking about perry rumph personally said he's has an extremely strong arm and loves the deep ball ,we are going to need him this season once the game slows down for him but there are going to be some times throughout the season that we are going need him to step up and play if not start"

How do you deduce from that statement by Rumph that they are going to "work nkosi in to eventually take over the job during the season. Sounds like the plan our coaches are going with"???

So start one of the veterans at the beginning and work nkosi in to eventually take over the job during the season. Sounds like the plan our coaches are going with

When talking about perry rumph personally said he's has an extremely strong arm and loves the deep ball ,we are going to need him this season once the game slows down for him but there are going to be some times throughout the season that we are going need him to step up and play if not start"

How do you deduce from that statement by Rumph that they are going to "work nkosi in to eventually take over the job during the season. Sounds like the plan our coaches are going with"???

I said it sounds like the plan, not that it's definitely going to happen. Reading is key

I said it sounds like the plan, not that it's definitely going to happen. Reading is key

Lol. I quoted you verbatim. Listening is key. You heard what you wanted not what he said. You and some of your brethren in the "Perry First" movement are pushing this kid regardless of what's best for winning today. That's like letting your love of Perry supplant your love of the team.

Advertisement

No, no, no...if that happens I can guarantee you our season is in the ****ter. If they're doing well why would you sit your QB? If Perry has the talent to take over then he has the talent to win it from the beginning.

He is more talented than them now. Its not just about talent.

I really don't understand the lust some poster have with this kid? He's seems capable enough, but as another poster mentioned seems there are a good many poster who want his success over the teams.
If it's not about talent then what is it about?

Richt started the excitement for Perry with his quotes about his skill set, Heisman player comparisons, and by making him #1 on our recruiting board last cycle. When U couple excitement with non-excitement and lack of progression out of our other QBs from previous practice and scrimmage reports, this = hype. It's really understandable and hasn't been a nuisance in my opinion. Many posters are taking this equation personally and seem to be now passive-aggressively rooting against Perry as a result. I know for sure that the coaches know what they are doing, so there isn't any need or motivation to be so argumentative, combative, and disagreeable about the QB competition. Dudes really need to calm down. The best man will play, no one is gonna get played or slighted. Cut the false narratives out and enjoy our reemergence

Lol. I quoted you verbatim. Listening is key. You heard what you wanted not what he said. You and some of your brethren in the "Perry First" movement are pushing this kid regardless of what's best for winning today. That's like letting your love of Perry supplant your love of the team.

Anybody can beat Bethune, Arkansas state. I want the best guy to give us chance to beat the elite teams on our schedule whoever that may be.

images

Advertisement
How and when was it proved that Perry is not what's best for winning today?

Because Richt said yesterday that the 2 older guys are in the lead, that they don't know as much of what they're doing and Rumph's interview corroborates that. No one is rooting against Perry. I guarantee you that everyone wishes he was dominating these guys right now...but he's not. He's not there yet and we want to go with whoever gives us the best chance to win now.

Last edited:
Perry has been connected to the new look Canes/Canes re-emergence movement by the most optimistic/excited/and somewhat homeristic Canes fans. If you've been a Canes fan for at least the last 15 years, U should be able to understand why. It's a blog, let's have fun with it. I think dudes are super pumped for a new day as Canes fans...Perry has been attached to these feelings.

We got more Nkosi fans on here than Canes fans.
. Absolutely 100% correct. The Perry fanboys will revolt if their guy does not start against Bethune. In May, before Perry even stepped on campus, the Perry cabal anointed him the man. They are a little nervous now based on information coming from the practice field. As posted in May, if Perry doesn't get job this board will explode with fire and fury why their boy was not the man. In summary, maybe maybe half of posters are really Cane fans, the rest post simply to try and create controversy.

Advertisement

Because Richt said yesterday that the 2 older guys are in the lead, that they don't know as much of what they're doing and Rumph's interview corroborates that. No one is rooting against Perry. I guarantee you that everyone wishes he was dominating these guys right now...but he's not. He's not there yet and we want to go with whoever gives us the best chance to win now.

And we aren't playing right now. They are leading right now, but there is more time to decide, so who's best to win with next month hasn't been proven yet. And I guarantee you that everyone is not rooting for Perry to dominate them. Many posters came out and admitted so for various reasons but mainly because of the history of starting true freshman QB failure. They feel that the more experienced guy is best in this scenario.

We got more Nkosi fans on here than Canes fans.
. Absolutely 100% correct. The Perry fanboys will revolt if their guy does not start against Bethune. In May, before Perry even stepped on campus, the Perry cabal anointed him the man. They are a little nervous now based on information coming from the practice field. As posted in May, if Perry doesn't get job this board will explode with fire and fury why their boy was not the man. In summary, maybe maybe half of posters are really Cane fans, the rest post simply to try and create controversy.

Is this Glenn Beck or the dude from Info Wars? This is a 100% projection. These posts are the other extreme side of the posts you criticize. If Perry wins the job, some posters will continue going nuts and supplying the narrative of dissension that Perry has been gifted the job without earning it. Which is an insult to our coaching staff and football program. Anyone who suggests this should also be considered extreme and not a true Canes fan as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement

And we aren't playing right now. They are leading right now, but there is more time to decide, so who's best to win with next month hasn't been proven yet. And I guarantee you that everyone is not rooting for Perry to dominate them. Many posters came out and admitted so for various reasons but mainly because of the history of starting true freshman QB failure. They feel that the more experienced guy is best in this scenario.

Ok. I think everyone who is a Canes First fan should logically want Perry to come out dominating because that would be best for our program. Putting him out in front of guys who are more prepared to win now, isn't better for the program. The question you posed concerns "today" as it relates to who leads and Richt answered that. That doesn't mean that Perry might not take over at the next scrimmage but this is where we are at today.

Last edited:
Y'all have to chill on "he has more talent". I'm really rooting for the kid. However, it's not guaranteed he'll grasp everything by the assumed time. Last thing we need is a Jeff Driskel (all the physical talent ) but can't perform in games. Let Kosi develop at his own pace.

You're talking about the same guy that wanted Golden have another year and was pushing for him to stay. How much could he possibly love this team?

Those reports are coming from biased insiders who want Perry to win the job, and aren't Malik fans

Its not biased its facts. Rosier talked about it one time himself.

Rosier said that after spring, and it was something he sought to improve upon this summer---and he specifically said Malik Young had his number, in particular, after Spring practice. However, insiders were saying he was turning it over during fall camp (over the last 2 weeks), which is the exact opposite of what we've heard from coaches (including his position coach) or have seen in the most recent scrimmage.

I didnt see any insiders say he was turning it over in fall practice. From what i seen they say he is still erratic and still struggles with accuracy.

Dmoney said rosier has thrown more ints in practice than sherriffs and Perry combined in fall camp. On top of that in pete podcast pete said perry hasn't thrown many ints this fall

That's why Rumph likes Rosier. Lol

Advertisement
Back