Mike Rumph on WQAM - 8/15/17

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
Just a few points:

Said that Delaney has come in and is the leader. Said Jhevontae Dean is his fastest DB running a 4.3 but he's playing at about a 4.5 or 4.6 speed right now as he's learning techniques. Praised Malek Young and Michael Jackson as well.

Talked about the competition getting back to how it used to be where they practice against people better than who they'll play. Said the competition goes beyond the players to the coaches... "Coach Dugans doesn't want to lose."

When asked about the QB competition, he said that Evan is running neck and neck with Malik Rosier but that Rosier knows what he's doing with the ball and he's not turning it over so "right now I like Malik," as Rumph put it.

Here's the link. The interview is up now under the Joe Rose Show:

Audio « CBS Miami

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm liking what I'm hearing from all parts. Man it feels good to have a legit capable staff that knows what the **** they are doing. Sept 2 can't get here soon enough.

Advertisement
Diaz was practically doing a Mexican hat dance over Delaney yesterday. He loves him and said if the ball is anywhere near him he's catching it.

Great interview from rumph, 100% real and authentic. He really gives off great interviews

Last edited:
Sounds like Delaney and Young so far. I would love to hear more about this unit from the staff and practice reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man oh man if the DB's become a strong point of the defense we're going to make a lot of teams miserable this season.

Advertisement
I know this is been discussed before but for the life of me I can't remember. But is Jhevontae Dean here for 2 years?

One report Rosier turn it over in practice all the time and the next report is that he's not turning it over. CIS staff which is it?

Advertisement
LOVE hearing about the competition between the coaches. Richt trying to game plan for what he thinks Manny is going to throw at him, Rumph and Dugans trying to show each other up. That is how a Standard gets set. Good stuff mang.

Advertisement
Sounds like Delaney is the only one they fully trust back there.

There's been a lot of hype about the DBs but it will take some time for them to gel.

How did you people manage to turn this into a QB thread?

Probably bc of this part in the OP:

When asked about the QB competition, he said that Evan is running neck and neck with Malik Rosier but that Rosier knows what he's doing with the ball and he's not turning it over so "right now I like Malik," as Rumph put it.

Advertisement
Back