Miami offers 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke

Any STAR QB would not be scared in the least of any of our QBs right now. As of now they'd be thinking they can come in and start day 1 because no one else has separated themselves as even legit as of now. Do I believe probably two of them will prove to be,yes I do. But right now with not one proven moment on film I'm licking my chops to get here with all these weapons.

Exactly. Spot on.

If you have: (1) an open competition, (2) a good coach to help you continuously improve, and (3) fair opportunity to show you deserve to play? …

Then you will.

Doesn't matter who else is on the roster.

Advertisement
For me I'd be more curious who ends up with the better career out of two kids who wouldve both happily been canes in either tai or cade fortin.

SMH. Richt Jr was too busy camping out at MJJ's front door rather than recruiting elite talent that wanted to be here. Even if you considered Tai Plan B, what was the rationale for not recruiting him knowing the MJJ was no sure thing?

While we're playing What If games, does Tai stay committed to us after the Clemson offer or after watching the offensive meltdown?

It still bothers me that Tai's good enough for Clemson but not even worthy of being a Plan B for us.

Tai has a lil brother who if he continues to develope and takes football seriously will easily be the best thing ever to come out of that state.

Did Tai's recruitment by CMR sour his brother or do we have a shot to recruit him? What grade is he in currently?

Better than Dan Sileo?

Can't be true.

(In reality he was a decent DT for us.)
Decent??...Led UM in sacks in 86....No such thing as a "Decent DLman"....not just playing..but starting for a JJ...Wannstadt...Butch DL.....Never happened...

Any STAR QB would not be scared in the least of any of our QBs right now. As of now they'd be thinking they can come in and start day 1 because no one else has separated themselves as even legit as of now. Do I believe probably two of them will prove to be,yes I do. But right now with not one proven moment on film I'm licking my chops to get here with all these weapons.
Well mostly likely the only QB we are taking in this class just committed and he's not a "Jake Garcia" rated player. Exactly like I said. The star QB will be taken in the 2021 class.

Edit: also, who said a star QB would be scared to come in here? I know I didn't. How many times have u seen a RS Junior QB that's won 9+ games get benched for a true freshman QB? Trevor Lawrence (who who is possibly the best QB in 10 years) but who else? I know Justin Fields didn't do it. I can name a lot more star QBs who may have been more talented, but rode the pine behind an experienced QB that was more game ready. Kosi Perry comes to mind.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just got him....4* With a Great Arm....Of course he pales in comparison to your Pee Wee Herman Highlights...but hes adequate.
I said we are not getting a Jake Garcia level recruit and clearly, I was correct. So what's so stupid about facts?

This kid isn't Jake, isn't in the top 247, and all 3 of our QBs we have now were rated hire than he is. This kid isn't going to beat out the QB that starts this year. He is going to be competing with our 2021 recruit.

SMH. Richt Jr was too busy camping out at MJJ's front door rather than recruiting elite talent that wanted to be here. Even if you considered Tai Plan B, what was the rationale for not recruiting him knowing the MJJ was no sure thing?

While we're playing What If games, does Tai stay committed to us after the Clemson offer or after watching the offensive meltdown?

It still bothers me that Tai's good enough for Clemson but not even worthy of being a Plan B for us.

Did Tai's recruitment by CMR sour his brother or do we have a shot to recruit him? What grade is he in currently?
His brother is a freshman. But in his school they play from 8th grade on. He was a safety last year and back up qb. Played several games when tai could sit. Kid has anything you could ever dream of in a qb. We had him work out at paradise in his 7th grade year with our commits and upperclassmen. Looked better than most at that point already.far as souring him yes it did to an extent. However their father is somewhat of a legend in these parts. He helps them understand it's a business and this new staff is no part of the other. I know he likes um. But theirs several other schools he likes quite a bit too. Plenty of time with him to see where he heads. For me as long as I've been around football I'll say him and Harrison bailey are probably the best QBs I ever seen at that early stage in life. Personally I think Harrison peaked several years ago. That's why I say I'm curious how lil bruh develops in the near future.[/QUOTE]

QUOTE="jkaz1, post: 3972285, member: 2593"]
Better than Dan Sileo?

Can't be true.

(In reality he was a decent DT for us.)
[/QUOTE]
I've heard stories about him. All I'm gonna say is the consensus from what I've been told is he could've been a whole lot better.

Advertisement
U all are obsessed with that GIF huh? I posted that one time in response to someone saying I've never played football and now u all love it. Are u jealous bc u all never even played pop Warner, let alone HS football?

Everything I post it's always the same people that have something to b*tch about or something negative to say. There is a simple solution to not see my posts. So ask yourself why haven't u did it yet. The "it's entertaining" is a lame excuse to make yourself feel better about being a groupie. @RVACane
You’ve never wondered why so many people come at you on this board? It’s never crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe, it might be because you’re extremely annoying, hardly ever right, but talk like you couldn’t possibly be wrong, and you generally just rub people the wrong way?

Have you noticed that you are basically the only person on this board that is received this way every single time they post?

Now reply that I’m feminine, that all I have to do is mute you, tell me to not use the “it’s entertaining excuse”, call me a groupie. Luckily I’m replying to you if not you would have told me to @ you like a tough guy. Same comeback every time routine.

I was always told growing up “if you are always in the middle of every problem, you are probably the problem” then I grew up and realized.... ****, not only was I the problem, I was a complete dyckhead as well.

Saying all this, I will NOT mute you, I throughly enjoy watching people clown you daily. Brings a little happiness to my day.

Decent??...Led UM in sacks in 86....No such thing as a "Decent DLman"....not just playing..but starting for a JJ...Wannstadt...Butch DL.....Never happened...
Brother in this instance you gotta remember context. Yes Dan had tons of potential. But he never came even close to living up to it. Remember the people he lined up against as two in particular were all time greats and among our best ever. Yes he led the team in sacks while Jerome and Danny were getting double and some times triple teamed. Someone had to step up and he did. But the leaders on any defense with Jerome brown and Danny stubbs start and end there.

Brother in this instance you gotta remember context. Yes Dan had tons of potential. But he never came even close to living up to it. Remember the people he lined up against as two in particular were all time greats and among our best ever. Yes he led the team in sacks while Jerome and Danny were getting double and some times triple teamed. Someone had to step up and he did. But the leaders on any defense with Jerome brown and Danny stubbs start and end there.
Dee I know...Chuck was a GA at UM in 86 (LBers)....

I have not seen either LIVE, but I will see TVD this fall when Suffield plays at my alma mater for one of their games.

I do know one of the coaches at Suffield, and I can tell you this kid is a take all day long.

Looking forward to video of that game and your assessment of TVD

Advertisement
I said we are not getting a Jake Garcia level recruit and clearly, I was correct. So what's so stupid about facts?

This kid isn't Jake, isn't in the top 247, and all 3 of our QBs we have now were rated hire than he is. This kid isn't going to beat out the QB that starts this year. He is going to be competing with our 2021 recruit.
He's now the #3 PS QB in America....Unfortunately his highlights are nowhere the level of yours....

His brother is a freshman. But in his school they play from 8th grade on. He was a safety last year and back up qb. Played several games when tai could sit. Kid has anything you could ever dream of in a qb. We had him work out at paradise in his 7th grade year with our commits and upperclassmen. Looked better than most at that point already.far as souring him yes it did to an extent. However their father is somewhat of a legend in these parts. He helps them understand it's a business and this new staff is no part of the other. I know he likes um. But theirs several other schools he likes quite a bit too. Plenty of time with him to see where he heads. For me as long as I've been around football I'll say him and Harrison bailey are probably the best QBs I ever seen at that early stage in life. Personally I think Harrison peaked several years ago. That's why I say I'm curious how lil bruh develops in the near future.
[/QUOTE]
Damm CT had pretty good quarterbacks the last two classes is this a new phenomenon or we're just late?

You’ve never wondered why so many people come at you on this board? It’s never crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe, it might be because you’re extremely annoying, hardly ever right, but talk like you couldn’t possibly be wrong, and you generally just rub people the wrong way?

Have you noticed that you are basically the only person on this board that is received this way every single time they post?

Now reply that I’m feminine, that all I have to do is mute you, tell me to not use the “it’s entertaining excuse”, call me a groupie. Luckily I’m replying to you if not you would have told me to @ you like a tough guy. Same comeback every time routine.

I was always told growing up “if you are always in the middle of every problem, you are probably the problem” then I grew up and realized.... ****, not only was I the problem, I was a complete dyckhead as well.

Saying all this, I will NOT mute you, I throughly enjoy watching people clown you daily. Brings a little happiness to my day.

Here's the thing, there's plenty people I don't like on here. Do u see me @ them? No. People who react out of emotion over words that someone puts on a screen are weak minded. The people that hate on me feel threatened. Hate is a self-defense mechanism.

If u think I care what people say on here u are sadly mistaken. No one on here affects what I do in real life. U all care about every word I say, and I could care less about u.

Right now I'm giving u what u want, I which is attention from me. I promise none of u lames will ever get a reply from me again.

Have a nice day.

Advertisement
Here's the thing, there's plenty people I don't like on here. Do u see me @ them? No. People who react out of emotion over words that someone puts on a screen are weak minded. The people that hate on me feel threatened. Hate is a self-defense mechanism.

If u think I care what people say on here u are sadly mistaken. No one on here affects what I do in real life. U all care about every word I say, and I could care less about u.

Right now I'm giving u what u want, I which is attention from me. I promise none of u lames will ever get a reply from me again.

Have a nice day.
In a million yrs you can't imagine the nice day I had....The only negative was reading your oral flatulence in your Porsts....Have a nice night...

Well mostly likely the only QB we are taking in this class just committed and he's not a "Jake Garcia" rated player. Exactly like I said. The star QB will be taken in the 2021 class.

Edit: also, who said a star QB would be scared to come in here? I know I didn't. How many times have u seen a RS Junior QB that's won 9+ games get benched for a true freshman QB? Trevor Lawrence (who who is possibly the best QB in 10 years) but who else? I know Justin Fields didn't do it. I can name a lot more star QBs who may have been more talented, but rode the pine behind an experienced QB that was more game ready. Kosi Perry comes to mind.
I dont know why you felt the need to address me. I thought you were gonna ignore me(which I'm personally very comfortable with)I never once said we were gonna get a star qb. You need to read peoples comments before you post please. I said that a star qb would not be scared to come here. Nothing we have is established. What is established for any recruit is the fact that none of our QBs has played to a even favorable level in college let alone enough for a monster to look at our depth chart and say that's not the place for me... tate doesnt scare anyone. Nkosi up to this point regardless of the role lil richt and co played has proven exactly the opposite. Hes shown hes no threat at this level. And jarren has proven bad traits off the field yet proved nothing on it. So again the point you keep making which is plenty valid in other places certainly doesnt apply to us here. That's like looking at Rutgers and saying ****kowski was supposedly a monster in high school. So i better stay away from there. Doesnt apply. I never addressed you period so I don't know what your stance was. But if it was we won't get someone rated high this year (for any reason other than simply we didnt adequately establish a relationship at this university because all the previous staff ever spoke with was Harrison bailey )than youd be wrong. Qb,oline and dline are all positions that if you're gonna get in with elite kids it's a long haul recruitment. We didnt have time this year to get in on any of those kids. Shoot your shot but it's far from likely.

I dont know why you felt the need to address me. I thought you were gonna ignore me(which I'm personally very comfortable with)I never once said we were gonna get a star qb. You need to read peoples comments before you post please. I said that a star qb would not be scared to come here. Nothing we have is established. What is established for any recruit is the fact that none of our QBs has played to a even favorable level in college let alone enough for a monster to look at our depth chart and say that's not the place for me... tate doesnt scare anyone. Nkosi up to this point regardless of the role lil richt and co played has proven exactly the opposite. Hes shown hes no threat at this level. And jarren has proven bad traits off the field yet proved nothing on it. So again the point you keep making which is plenty valid in other places certainly doesnt apply to us here. That's like looking at Rutgers and saying ****kowski was supposedly a monster in high school. So i better stay away from there. Doesnt apply. I never addressed you period so I don't know what your stance was. But if it was we won't get someone rated high this year (for any reason other than simply we didnt adequately establish a relationship at this university because all the previous staff ever spoke with was Harrison bailey )than youd be wrong. Qb,oline and dline are all positions that if you're gonna get in with elite kids it's a long haul recruitment. We didnt have time this year to get in on any of those kids. Shoot your shot but it's far from likely.

U never addressed me? I replied to your comment u made to me.

U said no QB was scared to come here as if that's what I said in my initial point. My point was that the real high level recruits want to come into a school and start, not sit 2-3 years. That's pretty evident by all of the transfer QBs that are in the portal.

Your right Dee...Dan did have alot of potential...He (the real Sileo) used to live here in Orlando...Drove a Yellow Hummer...Drank many beers with him...always was incredibly nice...I know he goes overboard at times...but there's no question his Love for UM....I think he's in San Diego now....

Advertisement
Back