Miami needs receivers immediately!!

My issue is bigger than Gattis. Mario and his reputation with offenses was one area that concerned me. Run the ball , time of possession and being very conservative. All of that is ok but even Bama got with the new world of offense the last five years. Saban knew he had to evolve.
Was having discussion with dudes on here just last week and they use UGA as example, and its like yea lets wait til we can get twenty 5 stars and have Mountain oline 5 star sit on bench then we can ground n pound, but if anyone been paying attention even they are slinging the rock a good degree now

Advertisement
Sloppy *** routes is an issue most people won’t see. The deep comeback by i believe by 83 was an awful route. But it looked like Tvd missed him.
Why didnt we play Skinner? Why no jump balls to the JUCO guy? We wasting schollys cause they not playing.

You don’t need to stretch the field in the red zone. That is all scheme in the red zone and it was very poorly done.
Better word is create separation. A&M would pin down on our run game in the redzone because they had no respect for our receivers. I think our receivers have a big problem in their route running. It’s the only explanation because the talent is there

You don’t need to stretch the field in the red zone. That is all scheme in the red zone and it was very poorly done.
Red zone offense was ***. No defending Gattis/Mario on that. We have 6'5 TEs on the roster 0 reason to not at least give them a shot. I hate FSU more than anything in the world and even those idiots realized throw it to the big mf in the red zone.

Sloppy *** routes is an issue most people won’t see. The deep comeback by i believe by 83 was an awful route. But it looked like Tvd missed him.
I’ll give that…..honestly from the TV, couldn’t see much of the route running. Which makes all the more to make minor tweaks where precise route running not the clear necessity. (Did I really just say that???) smh it’s bad when you have to think like that, but you practice to run better routes, however take what you have and perfect the current skill set. WR has their blames, yes, TVD has his blame. But Gattis and Mario has a bevy of blame on their shoulders.

I’m not saying “oh give me back lashlee” uhhh no, not at all. Bt I will say use wider splits with a little more tempo and quicker reads with more RPOs that TVD excels at. Mixing with the current run game we have would do wonders.

Advertisement
Was having discussion with dudes on here just last week and they use UGA as example, and its like yea lets wait til we can get twenty 5 stars and have Mountain oline 5 star sit on bench then we can ground n pound, but if anyone been paying attention even they are slinging the rock a good degree now
So true. Tbh It felt like the goal was to stay close , like we were playing for a moral victory. Conservative play calling would be putting it gently. It’s hard to win these games being conservative in the redzone and kicking fg’s on every trip.

My issue is bigger than Gattis. Mario and his reputation with offenses was one area that concerned me. Run the ball , time of possession and being very conservative. All of that is ok but even Bama got with the new world of offense the last five years. Saban knew he had to evolve.

BAMA and UGA run the ball a ton and control clock. They don’t scheme guys open like crazy they just have dudes on the outside that can make a **** play. Our pass blocking was great, run blocking was great, at some point blame overrated TVD and our G5 receivers.

Lashlees offense or even ******* mike leachs offense would have been embarrassing to watch tonight given the lack of talent in the pass game. Gattis scheming up the run game is part of the reason we were actually able to stay in that game and not let it get out of hand early. 27 first downs just couldn’t punch it in.

So true. Tbh It felt like the goal was to stay close , like we were playing for a moral victory. Conservative play calling would be putting it gently. It’s hard to win these games being conservative in the redzone and kicking fg’s on every trip.

Do agree with this

Advertisement
Red zone offense was ***. No defending Gattis/Mario on that. We have 6'5 TEs on the roster 0 reason to not at least give them a shot. I hate FSU more than anything in the world and even those idiots realized throw it to the big mf in the red zone.
That’s right. They just threw it up for that big WR who had less than 200 yds receiving all of last year at Arizona State.

I thought Ladson, Arroyo, Mallory, Skinner etc, etc we’re supposed to be our red zone options.

Tried to run the App State game plan tonight. Would have gotten away with too if not for those pesky special teams.

BAMA and UGA run the ball a ton and control clock. They don’t scheme guys open like crazy they just have dudes on the outside that can make a **** play. Our pass blocking was great, run blocking was great, at some point blame overrated TVD and our G5 receivers.

Lashlees offense or even ******* mike leachs offense would have been embarrassing to watch tonight given the lack of talent in the pass game. Gattis scheming up the run game is part of the reason we were actually able to stay in that game and not let it get out of hand early. 27 first downs just couldn’t punch it in.
Bama has been throwing the ball around the yard the last 4-5 years. You don’t win Heismans with a qb and wr running the ball, eating clock. Saban evolved. Uga has some of the best defenses in history , they’re the exception not the rule. People have to stop using them as the example , we don’t have millions of dollars to buy 20 five stars lol.

Advertisement
That’s right. They just threw it up for that big WR who had less than 200 yds receiving all of last year at Arizona State.

I thought Ladson, Arroyo, Mallory, Skinner etc, etc we’re supposed to be our red zone options.
Arroyo n Skinner didn’t get a chance. Ladson has shown to be a body and nothing else

Advertisement
Tried to run the App State game plan tonight. Would have gotten away with too if not for those pesky special teams.
We scored 9 points. That’s still 10-9 and Jimbo pretty much went super conservative in the fourth knowing we couldn’t score a td. We you keep settling for fg’s every trip in the redzone you’re likely in trouble. It always bites you.

He also had concerns about the offensive identity when Mario was hired and then Gattis.
I don't have a problem with Gattis's offensive strategy. We don't have a lot of talent so shortening the game is makes sense. The issue I have with Gattis is he hasn't schemed his pass selection to TVD strengths. Running uptempo occasionally wouldn't kill him. Moving the pocket and running more RPO would help our personnel. Almost all of TVD completions come from not having to read through his progressions. Gattis's red zone offense can kick rocks though. Nobody can defend that trash.

I understand what you are saying and agree somewhat. My problem remains, this is what we got and its part of the journey. Its game three for god’s sake (which most had as a loss before last week) and the coach has been here a whole what 10 months? There has to be some room for growth right? I think some ppls expectations in such a short amount of time are completely out of balance.

Advertisement
Back