Miami needs receivers immediately!!

We scored 9 points. That’s still 10-9 and Jimbo pretty much went super conservative in the fourth knowing we couldn’t score a td. We you keep settling for fg’s every trip in the redzone you’re likely in trouble. It always bites you.
Missed 2 FGS also. Our red zone playbook needs to be burned. All 2 plays.

Advertisement
I don't have a problem with Gattis's offensive strategy. We don't have a lot of talent so shortening the game is makes sense. The issue I have with Gattis is he hasn't schemed his pass selection to TVD strengths. Running uptempo occasionally wouldn't kill him. Moving the pocket and running more RPO would help our personnel. Almost all of TVD completions come from not having to read through his progressions. Gattis's red zone offense can kick rocks though. Nobody can defend that trash.
I have the same issue. Coaches are supposed to make the offensive fit the personnel. Tvd is not comfortable and it’s obvious.

I understand what you are saying and agree somewhat. My problem remains, this is what we got and its part of the journey. Its game three for god’s sake (which most had as a loss before last week) and the coach has been here a whole what 10 months? There has to be some room for growth right? I think some ppls expectations in such a short amount of time are completely out of balance.
Mario played it like a pssy

Bama has been throwing the ball around the yard the last 4-5 years. You don’t win Heismans with a qb and wr running the ball, eating clock. Saban evolved. Uga has some of the best defenses in history , they’re the exception not the rule. People have to stop using them as the example , we don’t have millions of dollars to buy 20 five stars lol.

They have the talent to now. Saban was run heavy when he didn’t have the pieces in the pass game

You talk about exception not the rule… what the **** are we doing then. Thought the whole goal of Mario rad zo Ruiz, the staff we hired, was to get to that top 5ish level next to say a Clemson or OU and recruit our asses off

Yes I do believe the optics of this game dictated much of the play calling in terms of making it a competitive game. The number 1 problem on this team is simply talent in a couple of areas. So do take the risk of forcing the pass game so that maybe you get hot maybe you get blown out by 30 points. We just need to get thru the season adequately enough to pull a great recruiting class. Sad reality but state of the program after years of manny recruiting

Advertisement
They have the talent to now. Saban was run heavy when he didn’t have the pieces in the pass game

You talk about exception not the rule… what the **** are we doing then. Thought the whole goal of Mario rad zo Ruiz, the staff we hired, was to get to that top 5ish level next to say a Clemson or OU and recruit our asses off

Yes I do believe the optics of this game dictated much of the play calling in terms of making it a competitive game. The number 1 problem on this team is simply talent in a couple of areas. So do take the risk of forcing the pass game so that maybe you get hot maybe you get blown out by 30 points. We just need to get thru the season adequately enough to pull a great recruiting class. Sad reality but state of the program after years of manny recruiting
Saban ran the ball because that’s what he does. Most defensive and OL coaches had that mentality. Just like he had enormous Lb’s and Dl’s but he evolved there too. He got more hybrid , because spread offenses were killing him with pace and space. Great coaches always evolve. Saban said” why run the ball and be conservative when I have all this offensive talent”.

It’s true. Man press is easy to beat with fades smh. Send the TE on a seem to keep safety occupied and you can run really any route (outside the numbers) against it because the defender is guessing more than ever.

Advertisement
It’s true. Man press is easy to beat with fades smh. Send the TE on a seem to keep safety occupied and you can run really any route (outside the numbers) against it because the defender is guessing more than ever.
Back shoulder fade is a precision route that requires pin point route running and accuracy. That's exactly what we are working with.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Back shoulder fade is a precision route that requires pin point route running and accuracy. That's exactly what we are working with.
Not really. You just throw it to where your guy catches it and the defender can’t. HS QBs throw those easily. Not much route running involved. Run up, push off and reach back and catch it or drop it lol. It’s unfair! The defense just tries to hand fight and it’s PI! I see pee wee kids do this now

What OC is just scheming guys running open all game long , that isn’t a game against a D-2 team ?

Watching other games today, these teams have playmakers that are flat out beating the other guy lined up across from them. They’re not relying on being wide open the only time they’re going to make a play. Nevermind the fact that players were schemed open multiple times for potentially big YAC plays tonight and sht the bed , whether it be teammates missing blocks or flat out dropping the ball.

I get Gattis can get better with his route concepts, but these receivers running garbage routes with already limited speed and athletic ability…missing blocks that could spring their teammates. That’s not on Gattis . In fact that only makes his job harder . You build a scheme and game plan predicated on guys doing their simple jobs and then they just don’t.

We need more talent and we need more guys out there like Restrepo who make up for their lack of athletic advantage with being crisp and doing the little things right

Advertisement
We have a Ferrari at QB and we’re running E-85 through it with this receiver group. TVD missed some open throws tonight, no question, but there are zero dudes to be afraid of if you’re a DC facing Miami this year. Pathetic showing.
TVD isn't a Ferrari.

Not awful, but he isn't Day 1 NFL material lookng at first 3 games of body of work.

In fact, he might make himself more money by staying at Miami next season.

Advertisement
Back