Miami needs receivers immediately!!

Yes because having spread WRs is the issue. That is the dumbest shít I've seen on CIS no need to respond I can only handle but so much stupidity.
There‘s far less talented receiving cores putting up big numbers in air raid offenses. Because they scheme guys open , using space to help them get open. Gattis is doing nobody any favors.

Advertisement
I agree with you on that. The job of a receiver is to run, create separation, and catch. However, it’s not like the offensive of plays tonight called for many true 1-on-1 deep shots. Everything was intermediate if you think about it. Plus like I said, TVD was off again tonight.

Trust when I say that I too wish our receivers would step up, bt at the end of the day I’m just being realistic of what we have. Yet, the job of a coach is to take what we have and maximize their abilities within your offense is all I’m saying.
I’d like to see more spread concepts given the talent type we have but ****, they don’t catch. It probably would help TVD.

Yes because having spread WRs is the issue. That is the dumbest shít I've seen on CIS no need to respond I can only handle but so much stupidity.
So not knowing football isn’t your only downfall? You obviously can’t comprehend reading. You must be one of the ppl that failed the FCAT reading test just about every year. No worries bruh I’ll let you “THINK” you know what you talking bout.

Advertisement
WRs didn’t just drop passes, they looked incapable of making catches.
Like they’d never tried it before.

There‘s far less talented receiving cores putting up big numbers in air raid offenses. Because they scheme guys open , using space to help them het open. Gattis is doing nobody any favors.
When guys got open they dropped the ball. TVD doesn't trust these guys he needed X tonight just like he need Rambo last year. He isn't throwing WRS open he's trying to fit everything into a spot.

There‘s far less talented receiving cores putting up big numbers in air raid offenses. Because they scheme guys open , using space to help them het open. Gattis is doing nobody any favors.
Than you! I said this last week. I have not seen A SINGLE fade! Not one! No seem routes to the TE, no posts, no corners, not much crossing patters either! You can throw back shoulder fades to smith all day cause they play off him. **** he can push off for it and won’t get called. Just push vertical and push off a bit and turn back for it. Unguardable! No chance at a pick and safety cannot help on it.

Advertisement
You maybe right. Im still going with, even if we would have won tonight, ppl would still be *****in about Gattis offense. We are not going back to a Lashlee offense. Ppl Gotta accept it, if not just wait the required three years and then fly the banners all over again.

I’d like to see more spread concepts given the talent type we have but ****, they don’t catch. It probably would help TVD.
True, but TVD gata help his receivers too. His accuracy has been off. Plus, if we’re being honest. Taking off the Miami lens, drops are part of the game. And 4-5 drops a game are excessive, but from our receivers alone. We prolly had maybe 2 this game. Brashard’s and maybe another that I can’t think of until I rewatch.

You maybe right. Im still going with, even if we would have won tonight, ppl would still be *****in about Gattis offense. We are not going back to a Lashlee offense. Ppl Gotta accept it, if not just wait the required three years and then fly the banners all over again.
My issue is bigger than Gattis. Mario and his reputation with offenses was one area that concerned me. Run the ball , time of possession and being very conservative. All of that is ok but even Bama got with the new world of offense the last five years. Saban knew he had to evolve.

García May be better suited for this offense but I’m good with TVD. He needs some more spread concepts but therein lies the problem again - no one separates and catches. They have to grind it out. The biggest miss in the off-season is that we couldn’t get Addison or Flowers. We need more than 1 but we have none and it shows. We haven’t had a real number 1 since Ahmmon Richards.
Yep…

Advertisement
True, but TVD gata help his receivers too. His accuracy has been off. Plus, if we’re being honest. Taking off the Miami lens, drops are part of the game. And 4-5 drops a game are excessive, but from our receivers alone. We prolly had maybe 2 this game. Brashard’s and maybe another that I can’t think of until I rewatch.
Sloppy *** routes is an issue most people won’t see. The deep comeback by i believe by 83 was an awful route. But it looked like Tvd missed him.

smh…..it’s hard at times to read the stuff on this board. For those ****ed at the receivers as if they lost us the game, you clearly do not understand personnel and football. Every receiver we currently have aside from X and somewhat of Redding are Spread system receivers that excel in spacing with splits, tempo, and eye candy to make DBs hesitate for the slightest second.

This system REQUIRES excellent route runners that study the game and defenses. Hence the reason X fits it so well. The passing concepts are normally 2-3 man routes mainly 2 from the receiver standpoint and they’re designed to develop 3-4 seconds into the play. When watching this offense, to get a better sense of the receivers that would excel, think of Larry Fitzgerald, Deandre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Marvin Harrison. Hines Ward. What do they all have in common???? Aside from Marvin, thicker build (no homo) and route technician. Our current receivers are mainly slimmer and quick with spotty hands. Yea yea, I know the whole job of the receiver is to catch the ball so at least do that. Bt in all realness, TVD’s ball placement tonight was terrible, and he doesn’t help the receivers at all when he stares them down, instead of looking off the safety then snapping back to them with the right touch and velocity. The drop by Brashard is the most current play in everyone’s head and yes it was a bad drop. However, there were drops by other positions like RB that were terrible. I’m not trying to play “Save a H*E” with the receivers, I’m just trying to give some realistic perspective on what to expect from them. This offense doesn’t fit majority of their style and they’re looking to adjust. The receivers needed for this type will take time to roll in.

Now my biggest issue is TVD which to be honest, hasn’t played well, but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that the new system will take time. The bigger issue is that Gattis didn’t take advantage of the plain fact that the A&M DBs were GAAAASSSSSSED. They was extremely short handed, which would’ve been the perfect time to spread them out and move with tempo. They had no one to substitute with anymore. That’s when you AIR THAT MF OUT!!!!! Instead we seen a ton of bunch sets that kept running either shoolow crossers or out routes that were running right into coverage a few times, getting those boys killed. And to get the in red zone as much as we did and basically get neutered every time. The play designs down there were….smh…can’t even say. They made no sense and lacked any creativity.

At this point I don’t care how good of a guy Mallory is, Arroyo needs to get more attempts. It makes no sense that we’re holding him back. I can go on forever, but reality of this entire game is that we legit beat ourselves. A&M didn’t push our sh*t in like other SEC teams have in the past. This game was our own **** faults. TVD needs to get his Sh*t together ASAP cuz he’s been playing *** the past two weeks. Too many inaccurate throws and not positioning his passes to where the receivers are advantageous.
I agree with this. The DB issue for A&M I was pointing out all night.

I am awake, @RVACane

746E775C-8C6B-47EA-9F37-8146E496571A.gif

My issue is bigger than Gattis. Mario and his reputation with offenses was one area that concerned me. Run the ball , time of possession and being very conservative. All of that is ok but even Bama got with the new world of offense the last five years. Saban knew he had to evolve.
Idk man we came out trying to pass the ball. Definitely more pass heavy than the last two weeks. Redzone offense was definitely bad but that’s a product of not having receivers who can stretch the field. Less space as u get closer to the end zone and the defense can press up more

Advertisement
Than you! I said this last week. I have not seen A SINGLE fade! Not one! No seem routes to the TE, no posts, no corners, not much crossing patters either! You can throw back shoulder fades to smith all day cause they play off him. **** he can push off for it and won’t get called. Just push vertical and push off a bit and turn back for it. Unguardable! No chance at a pick and safety cannot help on it.
20220917_221536.jpg

They jammed this mf for 4 qtrs chill out.

so has Kirby. He is letting Bennett throw around more

Idk man we came out trying to pass the ball. Definitely more pass heavy than the last two weeks. Redzone offense was definitely bad but that’s a product of not having receivers who can stretch the field. Less space as u get closer to the end zone and the defense can press up more
You don’t need to stretch the field in the red zone. That is all scheme in the red zone and it was very poorly done.

Advertisement
Back