Miami needs receivers immediately!!

Advertisement
García May be better suited for this offense but I’m good with TVD. He needs some more spread concepts but therein lies the problem again - no one separates and catches. They have to grind it out. The biggest miss in the off-season is that we couldn’t get Addison or Flowers. We need more than 1 but we have none and it shows. We haven’t had a real number 1 since Ahmmon Richards.
TVD needs quick reads and fast tempo. Nothing wrong with that but we are taking a square peg and trying to put it in a round whole. Our WRs can't separate on deep routes do half the playbook is a waste.

Y’all really think elite WRs will come here, in this slow pace bs?

NIL may not even be able to draw them in.. cause everyone has that.. seriously this offense won’t attract these kids here..

I pray I’m wrong, cause we need help asap.
I don’t know. I think capable WR’s who can separate and catch look different in this offense and this offense looks different with those kind of guys in it. I think the play calling is more WR friendly if we have reliable options. That’s the bigger problem right now not Gattis. Lashlee would fair far worse with these WR’s and no Rambo and Harley and no run game.

George played fine. He made plays when we called his number, although he can’t get tripped up by that guy on the ground because we desperately needed a touchdown.

Both Smiths were disappointing.

Brinson was invisible.

Redding wasn’t great.

Mallory played okay, but you can tell the injuries have taken a toll on him. He’s clearly lost a step. I don’t see the speed he used to have, and you can’t expect to get YAC with him.

Parrish and Knighton played awesome — so did the offensive line. We did, however, need Parrish to catch that pass underneath on that critical 3rd down in the 1st half.

Advertisement
Y’all really think elite WRs will come here, in this slow pace bs?

NIL may not even be able to draw them in.. cause everyone has that.. seriously this offense won’t attract these kids here..

I pray I’m wrong, cause we need help asap.
How many 5* WRs has Penn ST signed? Yet every other year they get drafted in the first round. The offensive scheme is not the issue for the WRs. UGA and Texas A&M find ways to sign top WRs while running 1990s offense.

smh…..it’s hard at times to read the stuff on this board. For those ****ed at the receivers as if they lost us the game, you clearly do not understand personnel and football. Every receiver we currently have aside from X and somewhat of Redding are Spread system receivers that excel in spacing with splits, tempo, and eye candy to make DBs hesitate for the slightest second.

This system REQUIRES excellent route runners that study the game and defenses. Hence the reason X fits it so well. The passing concepts are normally 2-3 man routes mainly 2 from the receiver standpoint and they’re designed to develop 3-4 seconds into the play. When watching this offense, to get a better sense of the receivers that would excel, think of Larry Fitzgerald, Deandre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Marvin Harrison. Hines Ward. What do they all have in common???? Aside from Marvin, thicker build (no homo) and route technician. Our current receivers are mainly slimmer and quick with spotty hands. Yea yea, I know the whole job of the receiver is to catch the ball so at least do that. Bt in all realness, TVD’s ball placement tonight was terrible, and he doesn’t help the receivers at all when he stares them down, instead of looking off the safety then snapping back to them with the right touch and velocity. The drop by Brashard is the most current play in everyone’s head and yes it was a bad drop. However, there were drops by other positions like RB that were terrible. I’m not trying to play “Save a H*E” with the receivers, I’m just trying to give some realistic perspective on what to expect from them. This offense doesn’t fit majority of their style and they’re looking to adjust. The receivers needed for this type will take time to roll in.

Now my biggest issue is TVD which to be honest, hasn’t played well, but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that the new system will take time. The bigger issue is that Gattis didn’t take advantage of the plain fact that the A&M DBs were GAAAASSSSSSED. They was extremely short handed, which would’ve been the perfect time to spread them out and move with tempo. They had no one to substitute with anymore. That’s when you AIR THAT MF OUT!!!!! Instead we seen a ton of bunch sets that kept running either shoolow crossers or out routes that were running right into coverage a few times, getting those boys killed. And to get the in red zone as much as we did and basically get neutered every time. The play designs down there were….smh…can’t even say. They made no sense and lacked any creativity.

At this point I don’t care how good of a guy Mallory is, Arroyo needs to get more attempts. It makes no sense that we’re holding him back. I can go on forever, but reality of this entire game is that we legit beat ourselves. A&M didn’t push our sh*t in like other SEC teams have in the past. This game was our own **** faults. TVD needs to get his Sh*t together ASAP cuz he’s been playing *** the past two weeks. Too many inaccurate throws and not positioning his passes to where the receivers are advantageous.

smh…..it’s hard at times to read the stuff on this board. For those ****ed at the receivers as if they lost us the game, you clearly do not understand personnel and football. Every receiver we currently have aside from X and somewhat of Redding are Spread system receivers that excel in spacing with splits, tempo, and eye candy to make DBs hesitate for the slightest second.

This system REQUIRES excellent route runners that study the game and defenses. Hence the reason X fits it so well. The passing concepts are normally 2-3 man routes mainly 2 from the receiver standpoint and they’re designed to develop 3-4 seconds into the play. When watching this offense, to get a better sense of the receivers that would excel, think of Larry Fitzgerald, Deandre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Marvin Harrison. Hines Ward. What do they all have in common???? Aside from Marvin, thicker build (no homo) and route technician. Our current receivers are mainly slimmer and quick with spotty hands. Yea yea, I know the whole job of the receiver is to catch the ball so at least do that. Bt in all realness, TVD’s ball placement tonight was terrible, and he doesn’t help the receivers at all when he stares them down, instead of looking off the safety then snapping back to them with the right touch and velocity. The drop by Brashard is the most current play in everyone’s head and yes it was a bad drop. However, there were drops by other positions like RB that were terrible. I’m not trying to play “Save a H*E” with the receivers, I’m just trying to give some realistic perspective on what to expect from them. This offense doesn’t fit majority of their style and they’re looking to adjust. The receivers needed for this type will take time to roll in.

Now my biggest issue is TVD which to be honest, hasn’t played well, but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that the new system will take time. The bigger issue is that Gattis didn’t take advantage of the plain fact that the A&M DBs were GAAAASSSSSSED. They was extremely short handed, which would’ve been the perfect time to spread them out and move with tempo. They had no one to substitute with anymore. That’s when you AIR THAT MF OUT!!!!! Instead we seen a ton of bunch sets that kept running either shoolow crossers or out routes that were running right into coverage a few times, getting those boys killed. And to get the in red zone as much as we did and basically get neutered every time. The play designs down there were….smh…can’t even say. They made no sense and lacked any creativity.

At this point I don’t care how good of a guy Mallory is, Arroyo needs to get more attempts. It makes no sense that we’re holding him back. I can go on forever, but reality of this entire game is that we legit beat ourselves. A&M didn’t push our sh*t in like other SEC teams have in the past. This game was our own **** faults. TVD needs to get his Sh*t together ASAP cuz he’s been playing *** the past two weeks. Too many inaccurate throws and not positioning his passes to where the receivers are advantageous.
Foh.

Advertisement

I get what they were recruited for but regardless of system they still can’t catch consistently - let alone run the routes needed and separate. They don’t do any of it.

Advertisement
You know what helps getting receivers open ? Not contesting them inside the hashes most of the time. Eliminating space versus Lashlee using space to help the receivers. We need wr’s but this offense is helping.
Imagine having Lashlee ‘s offense, with these guys catching nothing, no Harley, no Rambo and guaranteed no run game.

I can clearly see that you’re one of those people that don’t know football my guy. So I’m not gonna argue with you. I refuse to talk football with people that THINKS they know football because they play Madden and fantasy football.
Yes because having spread WRs is the issue. That is the dumbest shít I've seen on CIS no need to respond I can only handle but so much stupidity.

TVD is overrated AF but 70% of his throws are trying to fit ball in tight windows. I don't hate the offense because it has room for balance but it does not work to our QBs abilities.
At the risk of sounding over reactionary. Im wondering if Jake Garcia may be a better fit than TVD.

Advertisement
You know what helps getting receivers open ? Not contesting them inside the hashes most of the time. Eliminating space versus Lashlee using space to help the receivers. We need wr’s but this offense is helping.
When the DB is lining up directly in front of you and you have no chance at winning splits are the least of your issues.

I get what they were recruited for but regardless of system they still can’t catch consistently - let alone run the routes needed and separate. They don’t do any of it.
I agree with you on that. The job of a receiver is to run, create separation, and catch. However, it’s not like the offensive of plays tonight called for many true 1-on-1 deep shots. Everything was intermediate if you think about it. Plus like I said, TVD was off again tonight.

Trust when I say that I too wish our receivers would step up, bt at the end of the day I’m just being realistic of what we have. Yet, the job of a coach is to take what we have and maximize their abilities within your offense is all I’m saying.

Advertisement
Back