Meanwhile, in Bama...

Lilly Singh Self Love GIF by Glaad
Kendall may be taller, but Kylie is the billionaire!!!

Advertisement
Totally hear your point, and I agree with you that this was an exciting year. But it was because of the parity - not because of amazing football teams. This is where Brooklyn is right - there were no real standouts, just a lot of good teams.

We just saw the weakest OSU, Clemson, Bama, LSU and Oklahoma teams in years. UGA was simply the best of the good.
I agree. But when it was elite teams concentrated yearly between 4 programs ppl hated that too lol. This szn exemplified pre Saban era CFB imo. UGA was the standout all szn. The rest of the sport was really bunched together throughout

I dont disagree that college football sucked this season. Alabama and Georgia were much better than everyone else and it really wasn't close.

The SEC bull**** is real, don't get me wrong, and what is also real is how good those two teams were compared to EVERYONE. Doesn't matter what excuse you tell yourself, that's just hate, and haters are going to hate.

You can argue until you're blue in the face, but it doesn't change a thing. The only thing that would've kept Bama out of the playoff was UGA beating them in the SEC championship and the bad part about that is that they were still better than whoever else would have gotten in.

While you're laughing it still don't change the situation. This is something they've never seen, and honestly this last year's team (if not for the fact the media pushes the sec to the forefront annually ) had no business being ANYWHERE NEAR a cfb playoff. Not even gonna get started on that Heisman. Obviously the objective to playing the game is competing for a championship. But that don't mean it's teams who should be there regularly that get in. Like I always say THAT GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK IS STRONG. The only way they'd feel better is if Texas could be thrown in there with Notre Dame too...
They lost their two best play makers in the playoff... and two best players are coming back (Young and Will Anderson). Who would you have put in the CFP, ND ? lmao. Calling for Bama's downfall while they have Bryce Young and Will Anderson on the team is insane. Grow up, bad take.

Advertisement
The transfer portal will definitely, on net, reduce the crazy depth we've seen from Bama the past decade. They'll replace some of those loses through the portal (they got perhaps the two best non-qb prospects in the portal committed), but it's gonna reduce their depth overall.
They always have transfers and draft guys leaving for the draft. But their young guys get plenty of run cause they blow everyone out. An their practices are like our used to be lol. The guys behind the starters may be better like ours used to be also

They always have transfers and draft guys leaving for the draft. But their young guys get plenty of run cause they blow everyone out. An their practices are like our used to be lol. The guys behind the starters may be better like ours used to be also
No ones saying they’ve never had transfers or guys leave for the draft.

But they’ve never had 10+ transfers in one off-season. That’s the critical difference. As a result, they’ll have less depth. Hard to argue that point.

They’ll still have plenty of depth, but less than what they used to have before the transfer rule was changed.

Advertisement
If anybody can't admit that UGA and Bama were the 2 best teams in college football after they raped and mutilated Cinci and Michigan then they are just fooling themselves. They are the 2 best teams in college football plain and simple. I am no **** SEC homer either. I despise them!. Regardless, calling it any other way is just foolish.

Emmert is a living piece of crap for his SEC homerism and cronyism as well though.

Last edited:
At the time Michigan for one and arguably Ok St
Bama started the szn ranked1..At that time Bama had wins over 3 top 15 teams..UofM started the szn unranked and had 0 ranked wins. Oklahoma st starts the szn unranked. Almost lost to Montana st, Tulsa, and Boise in consecutive weeks..their best wins up to that point? 25th ranked ksu and 21st ranked Baylor.

Neither Michigan nor Oklahoma st had a better resume then Bama

Advertisement
I call bull****. Saban is a **** of a coach. Never would try to take that away from him. But his genius just like the rest of the sec powers is mark emmert. Everyone thinks the sec is some behemoth that is untouchable. Well the reality is it's just a top heavy conference where the top teir is left unchecked with resources very few other spots could fathom.
This right here. Dude brought Saban into the SEC. LSU once held an Emmert appreciation day AFTER he left.

I've never understood how, in the age of social media, NONE of the top dogs in the SEC slipped up and did anything deserving of sanctions.

I'm not talking about Ole Miss with Freeze. I'm talking Alabama, Auburn, UGA, UF, LSU. Nobody, not one coach did anything that would put them on program altering sanctions? They're all clean?

Because incidentally, just about all the SEC'S main competition has been busted for something. Outside of Texas and Notre Dame anyway. Too much money with those two.

We know what happened at Miami with the Nevin bull****. That helped the SEC get a foothold in south fl.
When SoCal got popped, it cost them Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush lost his Heisman, on top of sanctions.
Ohio State lost Jim Tressel and Terrell Pryor over some tattoos.

Remember how that Saban guy said he hates the hurry up offenses? Blamed injuries. Well.. Chip Kelly bolted from Oregon because they were facing sanctions. Oregon went on 2 years of probation and Kelly got hit with an 18 month show-cause. Problem solved.

There are tons of examples of schools from everywhere but the SEC getting busted.

Really the only major program that didn't get busted for something under Emmert's watch is FSU. Oh but wait! Emmert was at LSU when Saban hired Jimbo. That corrupt ***** has a working relationship with Jimbo too.

Advertisement
Under. The SEC is not a deep league. Ole Miss will be worse. Texas A&M is their only competition.

Miss State, Auburn, etc won’t give them a game.
Lol I don’t think
the sec has anything to do with what Bama will do. They lose under 2 in any other conference as well. Btw UGA isn’t going anywhere in the sec anytime soon..I know y’all hate to admit but the sec will be the deepest it’s been since the end of the 2000s/early 2010s..LSU will be better. Kentucky will be better. Tennessee will look functional. SCar will upset somebody, really impressed with what baby Beamer has done so far. Arky will be solid..A&M should be tough..the sec will be no joke next szn imo

Advertisement
Back