Meanwhile, in Bama...

Advertisement
Under. The SEC is not a deep league. Ole Miss will be worse. Texas A&M is their only competition.

Miss State, Auburn, etc won’t give them a game.
The success of Alabama and now Georgia has hollowed out the rest of the SEC's talent pool. Why would elite players go to Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, or even LSU when they can compete for national championships every year, receive perhaps the largest NILs and off the field financial enhancements, and have at least a 30% shot (in the case of an Alabama signee) of being a first round draft choice in three to four years?

Under. The SEC is not a deep league. Ole Miss will be worse. Texas A&M is their only competition.

Miss State, Auburn, etc won’t give them a game.
Cmon now, the SEC is the deepest conference. If the SEC isn't deep than what is every other conference? Bama and UGA are elite. LSU is always on the cusp. A&M is up and coming and UF as much as we hate them is always on the cusp. 4 different team have won a chip from that conference in the last 15 years. What other conference can say that?

Advertisement
Lol I don’t think
the sec has anything to do with what Bama will do. They lose under 2 in any other conference as well. Btw UGA isn’t going anywhere in the sec anytime soon..I know y’all hate to admit but the sec will be the deepest it’s been since the end of the 2000s/early 2010s..LSU will be better. Kentucky will be better. Tennessee will look functional. SCar will upset somebody, really impressed with what baby Beamer has done so far. Arky will be solid..A&M should be tough..the sec will be no joke next szn imo
They don’t play any decent teams from the East, outside of Tenn. Their other crossover game is Vandy. LSU is going to need a rebuilding year. Arkansas isn’t scaring anybody.

Advertisement
They don’t play any decent teams from the East, outside of Tenn. Their other crossover game is Vandy. LSU is going to need a rebuilding year. Arkansas isn’t scaring anybody.
I agree but they also annually challenge themselves with 1 solid ooc opponent. I think they LSU roster is talented enough to win 9/10. Arky is a good team. No Playoffs doesn’t mean a team is a walk through the park..u put Bama in any division in cfb and they dominate so really it’s a mute point from both of us lol

I dunno - is this that big of a deal? They’re losing kids - that was bound to happen with the portal and NIL. They’re still stacking classes. They have coaches leave pretty often. I am not sure this rises to the level of “something stinks in hillbilly heaven”

Advertisement
So you’d rather see 4 elite programs at the top ever years?? I could’ve swore that’s exactly what ppl were tired of lol. I guess your just different man lol…and I was With UGA all szn. Posters all year thought they were fraudulent throughout. That was the best defense I’ve seen in a really long time
My guy. I understand you like this Lil word play stuff. But stop putting words in my mouth. I have no problem with speaking my mind. It's one thing to have 4 elite teams it's something different entirely to have none. The only thing that separated UGA from everyone else was that defense cause there offense was Walmart bought too. I might not be amused by you often but I understand ur takes and u seem to know football. So please don't act like it's not obvious zero teams stood out this year. Cincinnati who mind you has one **** of a defense,but did they belong anywhere near a college football playoff game??? Osu,bama, Oregon,Michigan,msu they all had strengths but they also had huge flaws. Some had injuries they couldn't overcome while others simply benefitted from schedules. Mario is my brother and I love em to death. I know what he's gonna do here. But Oregon was no different in that aspect. Couldn't overcome injuries and flaws. Michigan and msu benefitted from a superior run game in a basic conference In a down year for interior play. I'll give you uga. Other than them who actually deserved to be playing for a championship this year?

When Bama lost to an unranked A&M and only drops to 4 it was obvious they were angling to have 2 SEC teams in the playoff. Any non SEC team loses to an unranked team and they are dropped 7-8 spots
That's what no one wants to hear. A & m was flat out average and going through qbs like a Vietnamese person does rice patties but all of a sudden they're top 20. Same with auburn, South Carolina etc. Pretty tough to say we deserve this and we deserve that when the vast majority of the conference plays nothing but the girls YMCA for out of conference until bowl season when all those bottom feeders get exposed while the top do what they should. They're literally drawing Willie Wonka's golden ticket each and every single ****** year. It's tiresome at best and an insult to anyone paying attention.

Advertisement
Bama gets cleaned out every offseason and doesn't skip a beat.

If Christian Harris returns this might be Saban's best defense in years

DL Dale
DL Smith
DL Young
LB Anderson 5*
LB Too'Too
LB Harris
LB Turner 5*
CB McKinstry 5*
CB Ricks 5*
SS Battle
FS Hellams

Offense is not poorly positioned either

QB Young 5*
RB Gibbs
WR Hall
WR Holden
WR Brooks 5*
TE Latu
LT Latham 5*
LG Cohen
C McLaughlin
RG Ekiyor
RT Kigh
Nobody is better at roosters. Nobody

There’s proof of this being absolutely false lol..who were you putting Bama behind even with that loss?
So when Cincinnati and coastal Carolina and all this nonsense is being forced up in the rankings (because last season was so amazing) than why do you not stick with that narrative and drop bama for getting exposed to an unranked bottom feeder with their 3rd team QB? Unless what you're trying to do is ensure you can still get them in with no more losses? Everyone else was going up but bama shouldn't be penalized at all for losing to that... Lol

This right here. Dude brought Saban into the SEC. LSU once held an Emmert appreciation day AFTER he left.

I've never understood how, in the age of social media, NONE of the top dogs in the SEC slipped up and did anything deserving of sanctions.

I'm not talking about Ole Miss with Freeze. I'm talking Alabama, Auburn, UGA, UF, LSU. Nobody, not one coach did anything that would put them on program altering sanctions? They're all clean?

Because incidentally, just about all the SEC'S main competition has been busted for something. Outside of Texas and Notre Dame anyway. Too much money with those two.

We know what happened at Miami with the Nevin bull****. That helped the SEC get a foothold in south fl.
When SoCal got popped, it cost them Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush lost his Heisman, on top of sanctions.
Ohio State lost Jim Tressel and Terrell Pryor over some tattoos.

Remember how that Saban guy said he hates the hurry up offenses? Blamed injuries. Well.. Chip Kelly bolted from Oregon because they were facing sanctions. Oregon went on 2 years of probation and Kelly got hit with an 18 month show-cause. Problem solved.

There are tons of examples of schools from everywhere but the SEC getting busted.

Really the only major program that didn't get busted for something under Emmert's watch is FSU. Oh but wait! Emmert was at LSU when Saban hired Jimbo. That corrupt ***** has a working relationship with Jimbo too.
There is a lot of validity in this post. Nobody really wants to know how far deep down the rabbit hole goes.

Ewwww you can’t say that in CIS. Only crazy Air raid Offense’s win in Football! Defense doesn’t matter. Didn’t you know?
Hence why I pay this Lil attention. Sensationalism is what works opposed to real life football. It's why so many of them were more than happy with Manny and Malik and everything else. Cause if you see results you as fans don't need to understand what's behind them. You just want the results... It works for fans but anyone that's played this game at even a semi high level understands what goes into that and the ways around it.

Advertisement
Back