Maybe this is what finally wakes up the UM administration to start taking football seriously!

Advertisement
Likely too late. We came to the ACC as a football power and that was why the ACC wanted us--to elevate the league's football. Well what did we do, we became a marginal football program. We are no longer attractive to a major conference. If the SEC goes after Clemson and FSU, we will end up in a league with the likes of Cincy, UCF, USF, SMU, etc.
Donna Shalala GIF by GIPHY News

Miami, even with 20 years of mediocrity, is still a Top 15 program in social media interactions annually. They are in a conference that has grant of media rights until 2035. Nobody is being left out in the cold. Pointless thread.

Just curious what more we could be doing right now, not under shalala, not under Golden, now to be “serious “ about winning.
Just for starters i and the majority of posters on here would say hiring a proven AD with autonomy who is a football guy and has a track record of building successful football programs in CFB. Instead of the greenhorn first time AD we got from a college in Maine who I think only has a hockey team. Smh And In turn let that proven AD pick the best head coach possible for the job that has a proven track record of winning in CFB with a hunger/vision of how to take this program back to the top again. Instead of the PC/political hire of the first time head coach greenhorn from a failed staff. Oh and let’s not forget Miami has already made that same hiring mistake before, but they seem to never learn down there In coral gables because hey, the money is still gonna roll in right? Until it doesn’t! which could be the future of this middle of the road CFB team who can’t consistently compete/win the worst division in all of CFB. But I digress because it’s nothing new that we haven’t seen the past going on two generations. But since you asked, that’s how UM could get “serious” about winning again.

Advertisement
They’ve won and been competitive more recently then us and have shown to have an admin/BOt that isn’t playing games that is all about football and will fire people ASAP for not winning championships! They also have a huge following and a packed 100,000 seat stadium every Saturday along with an alumni that will do and spend anything $$$ to win! That and a many,
Many other things that UM doesn’t have or isn’t interested at all in getting sport.

I tried to explain this one time, but…nvm. Lol

Just for starters i and the majority of posters on here would say hiring a proven AD with autonomy who is a football guy and has a track record of building successful football programs in CFB. Instead of the greenhorn first time AD we got from a college in Maine who I think only has a hockey team. Smh And In turn let that proven AD pick the best head coach possible for the job that has a proven track record of winning in CFB with a hunger/vision of how to take this program back to the top again. Instead of the PC/political hire of the first time head coach greenhorn from a failed staff. Oh and let’s not forget Miami has already made that same hiring mistake before, but they seem to never learn down there In coral gables because hey, the money is still gonna roll in right? Until it doesn’t! which could be the future of this middle of the road CFB team who can’t consistently compete/win the worst division in all of CFB. But I digress because it’s nothing new that we haven’t seen the past going on two generations. But since you asked, that’s how UM could get “serious” about winning again.

So firing Blake and Manny, then bringing in a shining star AD like Danny White at Tennessee or Mike Bohn at USC to handle the hiring of an established, winning coach is what we need to do to show we’re serious.

Ok

So firing Blake and Manny, then bringing in a shining star AD like Danny White at Tennessee or Mike Bohn at USC to handle the hiring of an established, winning coach is what we need to do to show we’re serious.

Ok
Beats the heck out of the last 16 years

Advertisement
Likely too late. We came to the ACC as a football power and that was why the ACC wanted us--to elevate the league's football. Well what did we do, we became a marginal football program. We are no longer attractive to a major conference. If the SEC goes after Clemson and FSU, we will end up in a league with the likes of Cincy, UCF, USF, SMU, etc.
Thanks a lot donna..

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder how much playing well in the SEC would fix Miami’s attendance issues. When there are big games, fans show up... FSU has had real attendance issues since Jimbo left.

I don’t think it’s too late for Miami, but I think it’s a pretty thin line. Make 9-3 the new floor. Produce NFL talent, more fan engagement and we could be right there in the end.

All of this is gonna go down over the course of the next 6 years or so. If Miami can go...

2021 10-2 ACC CG/OB appearance
2022 9-3 Bowl win
2023 10-2 ACC CG/OB Win
2024 Top 7ish team

we will be right there and there might be nothing Florida can do about it.

Bohn extended Clay Helton, who’s still there despite multiple mediocre seasons capped off by landing the 64th rated class in 2020.

White brought Josh Heupel with him from UCF after a 6-4 season.

You’re chasing a unicorn brother.

Advertisement
Back