Maybe this is what finally wakes up the UM administration to start taking football seriously!

NicKane

5 Star Blue chip
After watching the video and reading the article linked below, maybe this is finally the punch that knocks the lazy, uninterested, and based on the last 15 plus years incompetent UM administration into finally taking football seriously. Because if what is predicted in this article/video happens, all those middle of the road CFB teams are gonna be left up a river without a paddle. Lol which means no CFB meal ticket for those universities anymore, sure hope your listening UM! Maybe this is what finally brings us out of the dark ages into another Miami hurricanes football renaissance. God I hope so!

Advertisement
Likely too late. We came to the ACC as a football power and that was why the ACC wanted us--to elevate the league's football. Well what did we do, we became a marginal football program. We are no longer attractive to a major conference. If the SEC goes after Clemson and FSU, we will end up in a league with the likes of Cincy, UCF, USF, SMU, etc.

Likely too late. We came to the ACC as a football power and that was why the ACC wanted us--to elevate the league's football. Well what did we do, we became a marginal football program. We are no longer attractive to a major conference. If the SEC goes after Clemson and FSU, we will end up in a league with the likes of Cincy, UCF, USF, SMU, etc.

Only thing that would counter this point is winning, and winning now.

You’re basing all this doom and gloom, that no major conference wants us, based on what tangible evidence?

Advertisement
This isn't 'only' Miami's fault. ACC pandered to the basketball and lacrosse schools of the world to make their Tabacco Road schools happy, has ALL the schools locked in to a nasty clause till 2036 and have zero insight in to the future.

You’re basing all this doom and gloom, that no major conference wants us, based on what tangible evidence?
Because based on this article it’s all about winners now with big followings. and we haven’t been that in so long it doesn’t matter what we did in the past anymore. If what is said in this article comes to fruition, middle of the road, low attendance, win nothing football teams are gonna be left out in the cold. And whether we want to accept it or not, that’s us right now! So this better place the fear of god in UM right now to start giving football it’s proper respect with funding, support and competent coaches and administrators to right this ship before we it’s to late and we get left out in the cold. This real Go, this could get scary for us!

Because based on this article it’s all about winners now with big followings. and we haven’t been that in so long it doesn’t matter what we did in the past anymore. If what is said in this article comes to fruition, middle of the road, low attendance, win nothing football teams are gonna be left out in the cold. And whether we want to accept it or not, that’s us right now! So this better place the fear of god in UM right now to start giving football it’s proper respect with funding, support and competent coaches and administrators to right this ship before we it’s to late and we get left out in the cold. This real Go, this could get scary for us!
To your point..

Interesting note here from ACC Kickoff. New commish focus on elevating football brand. ACC always been known as b-ball conference in b-ball territory( NC). Always maintained Miami was brought in for a reason. When Miami is good, ACC Football is better.
https://twitter.com/joshdarrow/stat...stendzone.com/showthread.php?t=169269page=328
https://twitter.com/joshdarrow/stat...stendzone.com/showthread.php?t=169269page=328

Yea good luck with the SEC taking Miami…The ACC is calling out Miami now for not trying in football.

Advertisement
I keep reading these doom and gloom predictions and can't help but laugh. To say that Miami is no longer attractive to a major conference is laughable at best.
I also keep seeing people refer to the new digital age in viewing, ok then if viewers don't matter any longer then what does move the needle?
Tell me what does make a school attractive that Miami lacks?

To your point..

Interesting note here from ACC Kickoff. New commish focus on elevating football brand. ACC always been known as b-ball conference in b-ball territory( NC). Always maintained Miami was brought in for a reason. When Miami is good, ACC Football is better.
https://twitter.com/joshdarrow/status/1418543988194299906/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1418543988194299906|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://westendzone.com/showthread.php?t=169269page=328
https://twitter.com/joshdarrow/status/1418543988194299906/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1418543988194299906|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://westendzone.com/showthread.php?t=169269page=328

Yea good luck with the SEC taking Miami…The ACC is calling out Miami now for not trying in football.
I’ve been saying it for awhile now my friend. Eventually the ACC was gonna get sick of us not holding up to our end of the bargain. Since the moment we got in the conference, we stopped giving two ***** about football because we already had our meal ticket. Well the ACC is finally starting to get sick of paying UMs welfare! Better start pulling your weight administration/BOT.

I keep reading these doom and gloom predictions and can't help but laugh. To say that Miami is no longer attractive to a major conference is laughable at best.
I also keep seeing people refer to the new digital age in viewing, ok then if viewers don't matter any longer then what does move the needle?
A conference network on the largest cable provider in America. Comcast in Boston had two SEC networks, one of which was a constant test pattern.

Advertisement
A good Miami team is a massive W for college football. In fact, its best for college football if FSU, Florida and Miami are at the top. It draws people to the television.

So no, Miami wont get left behind, especially if they are winning. If they manage to stabilize the program, win at a consistent rate and compete against Clemson in the next years, people want to see it.

Winning culture, large following, packed stadium/attendance, administrative/BOT full support $$$ to the football team with people being held accountable and replaced if trophy’s aren’t won. and so on and so on my friend!

A good Miami team is a massive W for college football. In fact, its best for college football if FSU, Florida and Miami are at the top. It draws people to the television.

So no, Miami wont get left behind, especially if they are winning. If they manage to stabilize the program, win at a consistent rate and compete against Clemson in the next years, people want to see it.
A lot of what if’s there my friend that our recent history (last 15 plus years) doesn’t back up us being able to accomplish. But like I said In my post, maybe this is what finally scares the **** out of the UM admin into taking football seriously. Because when one starts getting their meal ticket threatened, people start getting serious real fast! As fans, let’s hope that happens. A Miami renaissance would be the greatest thing these 41 year old eyes has ever seen since my daughter.

Advertisement

Winners like Texas?

Winning culture, large following, packed stadium/attendance, administrative/BOT full support $$$ to the football team with people being held accountable and replaced if trophy’s aren’t won. and so on and so on my friend!

You act as though every team in every conference has those things, so is it safe to assume then that Vandy, Rutgers, Northwestern etc. will soon be jettisoned from their respective conferences? ****, Miami outdraws eight of the teams in the Pac 12(pre-COVID) in average over the last five years.

FSU is broke and total dog**** on the field. What about them?

Miami football being relevant:
vince.gif

Advertisement
Back