Maybe this is what finally wakes up the UM administration to start taking football seriously!

Agree with everything you said buddy. But based on the recent comments of our new commissioner, the acc May have finally seen the writing on the wall with there mortality on the line. And because of that things might be changing really fast if the acc wants to survive. Because In this new age of big time CFB it’s definitely the thinnest line ever between between surviving and going the way of the dinosaur. This is some seriously compelling stuff here going on here now and in the not so distant future.
Maybe they should’ve gotten together and thought about this before it was too late.

Advertisement
To what @NicKane said, Miami was supposed to have brought that to the table. But Shalala took the guaranteed checks and used it towards the academics instead of football.
And if the ACC would’ve cared and saw the landscape changing they would’ve gotten more serious about football earlier. Instead they sat on their cash cow and added another basketball school in Louisville for fun.

Honestly, the only hope we have is that the SEC want us or James Phillips shows up to the Notre Dames athletic Director’s office like the picture below and convinces them to join the ACC. Need to get out of this 20 year tv contract. What an idiotic move that was.
AD9F3417-45D5-4169-B80F-7977F932137D.png

Advertisement
And if the ACC would’ve cared and saw the landscape changing they would’ve gotten more serious about football earlier. Instead they sat on their cash cow and added another basketball school in Louisville for fun.
If I was were the ACC commissioner I’d be already doing three things right now. Number 1- informing all the blue blood basketball programs that in the this new era, they are going to have to take a backseat to football if they want to have their beloved ACC conference to play in anymore (see big East for example). Number 2 on the phone with SEC talking about a merger as we have the most natural rivalries with them. And Number 3 turning up the heat on notre dame to join. The gloves are off and there is no place for Mr Nice Guy anymore In CFB.
1627405470186.gif

1627405585743.gif

Likely too late. We came to the ACC as a football power and that was why the ACC wanted us--to elevate the league's football. Well what did we do, we became a marginal football program. We are no longer attractive to a major conference. If the SEC goes after Clemson and FSU, we will end up in a league with the likes of Cincy, UCF, USF, SMU, etc.
facts

If I was were the ACC commissioner I’d be already doing three things right now. Number 1- informing all the blue blood basketball programs that in the this new era, they are going to have to take a backseat to football if they want to have their beloved ACC conference to play in anymore (see big East for example). Number 2 on the phone with SEC talking about a merger as we have the most natural rivalries with them. And Number 3 turning up the heat on notre dame to join. The gloves are off and there is no place for Mr Nice Guy anymore In CFB.
View attachment 150557
View attachment 150558
The basketball thing should be an easy sell since Roy is gone and K is leaving next year.

Advertisement
Viewership doesn’t matter as much anymore with cord cutting versus good ole fashioned packed stadiums every Saturday which if you read the article you would have seen. One of the reasons for OU and Texas moving to the sec per the article was dwindling attendance in the games against the scrubs of the big 12 Conference which is pretty much everyone besides Texas and OU. Lol
Viewership will always matter. Cutting the cord doesn't stop people watching games on TV. Big brand programs TV markets are all across the country. That's what gets them the big money and makes them a huge draw for a major conference/networks. Even though Texas has sucked for 10 years it's still enticing for the SEC.

Texas dwindling attendance is more to the fact that they are a scrub of the Big 12. The fact is both Texas and OU are getting beat by these so called scrub Big 12 teams on the regular. Over the past 10 years even Miami has won more games than Texas has. If Texas was still winning and in the playoff picture it wouldn't matter who they were playing. The stadium would be packed but the truth is their a reeling program that may not regain their former glory hiring coaches that avg 6.5 wins. The Big 12 has been a one horse race for the past 10 years and prior to that. It was a two horse race once Nebraska left. These two teams are scattering because it's more money and it's better to lose in the SEC vs Kansas St every year.

If all these schools are forming their own super Conference, how will it work geography wise? We aren't going to be able to get USCw, Oregon, or anyone from out there to commit to a conference out east and we wont go out west? U****boys blocked Miami and FSU from joining the SEC many years ago and they did it again before Miami joined ACC when we where looking. Whats the solution? How does Norte Lame fit into this, they aren't joining a conference anytime soon and giving up all that money.
It won’t. The Olympic style sports won’t be able to join the SEC and travel like that Imo . Their option would be to stay in the Big12 and I highly doubt that conference would go for that. or play a independent schedule and schedule schools in the Geographical location (for Texas and OU). The only sports this makes sense for is football and basketball honestly

as for the ACC, they should push to get ND. Give them a good split. Revenue wise they could carry the ACC. Idk how it would work for the ACC network and and their NBC deal

Viewership will always matter. Cutting the cord doesn't stop people watching games on TV. Big brand programs TV markets are all across the country. That's what gets them the big money and makes them a huge draw for a major conference/networks. Even though Texas has sucked for 10 years it's still enticing for the SEC.

Texas dwindling attendance is more to the fact that they are a scrub of the Big 12. The fact is both Texas and OU are getting beat by these so called scrub Big 12 teams on the regular. Over the past 10 years even Miami has won more games than Texas has. If Texas was still winning and in the playoff picture it wouldn't matter who they were playing. The stadium would be packed but the truth is their a reeling program that may not regain their former glory hiring coaches that avg 6.5 wins. The Big 12 has been a one horse race for the past 10 years and prior to that. It was a two horse race once Nebraska left. These two teams are scattering because it's more money and it's better to lose in the SEC vs Kansas St every year.
Still not getting the bigger picture here and being reactive instead of proactive. But it’s no surprise as Thats exactly what the UM admin/bot has been for over the last generation plus! Smh if or when we get left out in the cold, don’t say you weren’t warned.

Advertisement
Dumb comments like this show your not seeing the point of the article posted in this thread and the bigger picture of the future of big time CFB. A future Miami could easily be left out of along with a bunch of other has been once upon of time great programs. Take your Orange and green shades off and read the article and then you’ll understand what we’re talking about here. Texas football is big time, that’s why the SEC wants them. Miami used to be big time which is why the acc wanted us until they got us and were then exposed/embarrassed for being hoodwinked by UM as we just wanted to get in so we could get our welfare meal ticket every year. Smh I would imagine the acc isn’t to happy about having the wool pulled over there eyes with our performance since joining them 17 years ago.

Show some respect, this guy deserves the respect and is not a drooling screaming banshee.

Advertisement
This isn't 'only' Miami's fault. ACC pandered to the north carolina basketball schools to make the Tabacco Road schools happy, has ALL the schools locked in to a nasty clause till 2036 and have zero insight in to the future.
there. FIFY

I think OP is a little paranoid. A Miami team that's contending is a bigger name than any team in the SEC outside of UF. If Miami, VT and FSU could ever be back and UNC and Clemson can just remain what they are currently, then the ACC is fine. You'd be able to entice ND if the product improves. Now we are definitely in an uphill battle money wise but its not panic mode yet.
ESPN does a good job of promoting other SEC teams not named BAMA, LSU, UGA, UF cause they know those brands aren't as big so they pump them. Yes recently those schools are better but what do you think about aTm before the SEC? It'll die down soon I'm sure

Just curious what more we could be doing right now, not under shalala, not under Golden, now to be “serious “ about winning.

Viewership doesn’t matter as much anymore with cord cutting versus good ole fashioned packed stadiums every Saturday which if you read the article you would have seen. One of the reasons for OU and Texas moving to the sec per the article was dwindling attendance in the games against the scrubs of the big 12 Conference which is pretty much everyone besides Texas and OU. Lo
And South Fla. Is a major market...
I can say without doubt I never watch the SEC channel. So I did my part in the Boston market. I cut the chord though so I believe my viewership went into the ether…. I am officially irrelevant.

Advertisement
Back