Mathew Thomas wants out of FSU rumors?

I read that he wanted UM but since they wouldnt let him its Dawgs or Scal. I wanted to see the panick on FSUs board and its hilArious, I know someone wrote that on scout.

Advertisement
i think the point he's trying to make is uga lost super studs like adams, nkemdiche, and bell last year. if they were doling out cash wouldn't they have paid up to keep those guys home instead of paying a kid who hasn't even so much as visited their campus? which makes more sense to you?

First of all, there's no money like NFL money; even uga's deep pockets couldn't compete with the perks and privileges the League brings. Besides, richt is not going to deny his players the once in a lifetime opportunity he recruited them on (see matt barkley)-----"look how many players I sent to the League" is a major recruiting tool.

Diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program are ALWAYS abreast of what is going on. It's a 5-hour drive from athens to tallahassee. What makes more sense is that if any of these diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program gets wind of a 5-star recruit from SFlorida wanting in on uga, a representative will be in contact with LOADS of incentives. Oh, he has FAMILY in ga?? Done. These people are deep: from atlanta to albany to jacksonville. The $ec is the most gangster conference in sports. And with their boss emmert, they can't lose.

what? not sure how that relates to anything i said.

let me try again, uga had super 5-star studs within a drive of their campus and lost all of them to out of state schools. including schools like clemson and ohio st. so if they were paying players, why wouldn't they have paid those kids? makes no sense to let those guys out of state but be paying thomas who hadn't even shown any interest in uga.

look I'm not arguing either way on this ridiculousness but I've never understood the argument, just bc they didn't spend the year before they aren't spending now. wtf is that? see Auburn. they missed on some big timers and they're booster said **** it we need to go the way of Alabama, Ole Miss, and Auburn before the heat. not saying they did or they didn't. but it makes zero sense to discount it bc they didn't the year before. in fact in reality it probably ups the ante to do so in the fact that they missed out and didn't pay the year before

I read that he wanted UM but since they wouldnt let him its Dawgs or Scal. I wanted to see the panick on FSUs board and its hilArious, I know someone wrote that on scout.
If he wanted Miami he would have chose us on signing day. His mom wanted him here and his coach tried to make him see us as an option. He never wanted to be here so him and his mom bargained on FSU.

Now he wants one of his top choices. He made his bed, now he has to lie in it.

Advertisement
This might sound like butthurt, but I really believe this kid will end up being a bust.

I read somewhere that one in fifteen "5-stars" go on to become All Americans. Matthew Thomas will be one of the fourteen that doesn't.

What separates the one from the other fourteen is the mental side - hard work, discipline, teamwork.... Thomas just doesn't seem to have his head screwed on right.

I guess we'll see.

i think the point he's trying to make is uga lost super studs like adams, nkemdiche, and bell last year. if they were doling out cash wouldn't they have paid up to keep those guys home instead of paying a kid who hasn't even so much as visited their campus? which makes more sense to you?

First of all, there's no money like NFL money; even uga's deep pockets couldn't compete with the perks and privileges the League brings. Besides, richt is not going to deny his players the once in a lifetime opportunity he recruited them on (see matt barkley)-----"look how many players I sent to the League" is a major recruiting tool.

Diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program are ALWAYS abreast of what is going on. It's a 5-hour drive from athens to tallahassee. What makes more sense is that if any of these diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program gets wind of a 5-star recruit from SFlorida wanting in on uga, a representative will be in contact with LOADS of incentives. Oh, he has FAMILY in ga?? Done. These people are deep: from atlanta to albany to jacksonville. The $ec is the most gangster conference in sports. And with their boss emmert, they can't lose.

what? not sure how that relates to anything i said.

let me try again, uga had super 5-star studs within a drive of their campus and lost all of them to out of state schools. including schools like clemson and ohio st. so if they were paying players, why wouldn't they have paid those kids? makes no sense to let those guys out of state but be paying thomas who hadn't even shown any interest in uga.

look I'm not arguing either way on this ridiculousness but I've never understood the argument, just bc they didn't spend the year before they aren't spending now. wtf is that? see Auburn. they missed on some big timers and they're booster said **** it we need to go the way of Alabama, Ole Miss, and Auburn before the heat. not saying they did or they didn't. but it makes zero sense to discount it bc they didn't the year before. in fact in reality it probably ups the ante to do so in the fact that they missed out and didn't pay the year before

except uga is losing like 9 players off their defense. and the majority of it is in the front 7 so they needed defense and lineman specifically. if they're gonna pay for a dude that hadn't even shown any interest in their school they would have broke the bank for all those studs they lost. and ole miss and auburn **** sure ain't outbidding uga for any recruit. uga's boosters have deep pockets. and thomas was in the same class as those guys, so they wouldn't be upping the ante a year later. wouldn't he have just signed there originally if they were paying him?

Advertisement
except uga is losing like 9 players off their defense. and the majority of it is in the front 7 so they needed defense and lineman specifically. if they're gonna pay for a dude that hadn't even shown any interest in their school they would have broke the bank for all those studs they lost. and ole miss and auburn **** sure ain't outbidding uga for any recruit. uga's boosters have deep pockets. and thomas was in the same class as those guys, so they wouldn't be upping the ante a year later. wouldn't he have just signed there originally if they were paying him?

There isn't a single person in here who is sympathetic to your crusade to convince folks that SEC programs don't pay players. Shapiro said, directly, that he couldn't compete with SEC programs here. It happens. Move on.

There isn't a single person in here who is sympathetic to your crusade to convince folks that SEC programs don't pay players. Shapiro said, directly, that he couldn't compete with SEC programs here. It happens. Move on.

I believe he said it twice so....

who said it didn't? the **** isn't just blanket though, like in this case. uga can't pay for 5-star studs a few miles from their campus but they're breaking bank for thomas, a kid who has never even visited their school. makes sense.

anyway, explain to me how this works. when is shapiro credible and isn't credible? it's already been proven that his 'payouts' to kids amounted to a few drinks at nightclubs for the most part. so him stating he couldn't outbid someone is supposed to mean what exactly? not like he was breaking bank to begin with. but shapiro is a liar about everything but what he says about other schools, enlightening.

Last edited:
Advertisement
true and i'm not trying to defend uga because they're #1 on my hate list, i just don't think they paid thomas. i do know someone they did pay though...

@killa1storm I don't think in UGA's instance they're specifically paying players but I think they're paying street agents who are cutting these kids in.

For the record I still want him at FSU but would have literally zero problem being a huge hypocrite if he wanted The U and he found a way to make it work. I would still think he was an ******* but I would rather him be our *******.

Advertisement
that's what i was referring to in my post. they recruited a guy i knew and he got paid.

it was actually underwhelming, a few hundred dollars, free gloves, cleats, etc. and cash to visit the campus as often as they'd want. but i thought it would be more for a school their size.

that's what i was referring to in my post. they recruited a guy i knew and he got paid.

it was actually underwhelming, a few hundred dollars, free gloves, cleats, etc. and cash to visit the campus as often as they'd want. but i thought it would be more for a school their size.

That's the SEC way now-a-days... I'm watching a particular recruit I work with closely to see who offers cash & who doesn't. He just finished his freshman year & already has visited with Saban twice. What they don't realize is I'm not a sell-out. Let me catch that *** slipping!

That's the SEC way now-a-days... I'm watching a particular recruit I work with closely to see who offers cash & who doesn't. He just finished his freshman year & already has visited with Saban twice. What they don't realize is I'm not a sell-out. Let me catch that *** slipping!

Sting operation, or GTFOH!!

brotha they all do it

i only know of one who got cars, parents got a job, etc. so that definitely isn't that common. but all the major kids get broken off with cash and the like. you are allowed to give kids school gear on visits so a lot of schools give away stuff under that cover. as long as it has some kind of school logo it's hard to dispute.

Advertisement
Back