Mathew Thomas wants out of FSU rumors?

Advertisement
Great football player. Hope he goes to Georgia and crushes some Gator QBs.

Word on the street is Muschamp thought he was soft which is the reason the Gators never really pursued him. While I dont necessarily agree I never bought into all the hype

I've seen him several times. Muschamp is wrong. He will be better than any linebacker on the Gators, including Morrison.

LOL at anyone wanting to go across the country to play for Lane. It's a sinking ship over there. FWIW it is a really nice campus that happens to be next to the ghetto.

Where did UGA come from? Something getting weird with them all of a sudden.

A lot of pressure in that SEC arms race to stop 'Bama. Ole Miss joined it this past cycle and it looks like UGA is stepping their game up.
Now you think UGA is paying for a rail thin LB? Dont you think they would buy the in state DL players they lost first? Thomas doesn't want to go there he wants to go to USC

Word on the street is Muschamp thought he was soft which is the reason the Gators never really pursued him. While I dont necessarily agree I never bought into all the hype

I've seen him several times. Muschamp is wrong. He will be better than any linebacker on the Gators, including Morrison.

I will take Daniel McMillian over Thomas. How much weight do you think Thomas can put on in college?

I will take Daniel McMillian over Thomas. How much weight do you think Thomas can put on in college?

He can get to 235-240. Lerentee McCray was a stick when he graduated and look where he ended up. It's not a huge concern either way, Thomas is lean strong and ragdolled some legit players in high school.

Advertisement
so as of right now
Demarcus Walker- cant get cleared through the clearing house
Keith Bryant- doesnt have the test scores
Mathew Thomas- wants out of his LOI so he can go to USC
Richy Klepal - not allowed to play football which they knew when they signed him
Davarez Bryant - has terrible grades probably wont get in

Wasn't Walker and EE?
he was an EE but did not get cleared through the NCCA clearinghouse so he could not participate in spring ball

Plus, there are rumors on the Nole boards that Walker getting flagged came on a tip from Saban to the NCAA. Saban supposedly was angry that Pruitt flipped Walker:

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/...arcus-walker-ncaa-clearinghouse-alabama-class

Im all for bad **** hapening to fsu but Saban is an ******* a real big one. What a snitch

33.jpg

LOL at anyone wanting to go across the country to play for Lane. It's a sinking ship over there. FWIW it is a really nice campus that happens to be next to the ghetto.

A lot of pressure in that SEC arms race to stop 'Bama. Ole Miss joined it this past cycle and it looks like UGA is stepping their game up.
Now you think UGA is paying for a rail thin LB? Dont you think they would buy the in state DL players they lost first? Thomas doesn't want to go there he wants to go to USC

That rail thin LB happened to be the best LB in HS last year. And he was abut 205-210 in HS... I've read he already put on some weight. He will be 235 in no time.

Advertisement

That rail thin LB happened to be the best LB in HS last year. And he was abut 205-210 in HS... I've read he already put on some weight. He will be 235 in no time.

i think the point he's trying to make is uga lost super studs like adams, nkemdiche, and bell last year. if they were doling out cash wouldn't they have paid up to keep those guys home instead of paying a kid who hasn't even so much as visited their campus? which makes more sense to you?

I don't know how binding a loi is but FSU should use the full extent of the commitment possible.

If you have to go juco, you go juco.

Recruits need to learn that loi is nothing to ***** with.

Glad this lesson can be taught at our rival's expense.

I don't know how binding a loi is but FSU should use the full extent of the commitment possible.

they need to learn you dont even have to sign a **** loi

Advertisement

FSU would be foolish to damage relationships in Miami to teach this kid a lesson.

i think the point he's trying to make is uga lost super studs like adams, nkemdiche, and bell last year. if they were doling out cash wouldn't they have paid up to keep those guys home instead of paying a kid who hasn't even so much as visited their campus? which makes more sense to you?

First of all, there's no money like NFL money; even uga's deep pockets couldn't compete with the perks and privileges the League brings. Besides, richt is not going to deny his players the once in a lifetime opportunity he recruited them on (see matt barkley)-----"look how many players I sent to the League" is a major recruiting tool.

Diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program are ALWAYS abreast of what is going on. It's a 5-hour drive from athens to tallahassee. What makes more sense is that if any of these diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program gets wind of a 5-star recruit from SFlorida wanting in on uga, a representative will be in contact with LOADS of incentives. Oh, he has FAMILY in ga?? Done. These people are deep: from atlanta to albany to jacksonville. The $ec is the most gangster conference in sports. And with their boss emmert, they can't lose.

First of all, there's no money like NFL money; even uga's deep pockets couldn't compete with the perks and privileges the League brings. Besides, richt is not going to deny his players the once in a lifetime opportunity he recruited them on (see matt barkley)-----"look how many players I sent to the League" is a major recruiting tool.

Diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program are ALWAYS abreast of what is going on. It's a 5-hour drive from athens to tallahassee. What makes more sense is that if any of these diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program gets wind of a 5-star recruit from SFlorida wanting in on uga, a representative will be in contact with LOADS of incentives. Oh, he has FAMILY in ga?? Done. These people are deep: from atlanta to albany to jacksonville. The $ec is the most gangster conference in sports. And with their boss emmert, they can't lose.

what? not sure how that relates to anything i said.

let me try again, uga had super 5-star studs within a drive of their campus and lost all of them to out of state schools. including schools like clemson and ohio st. so if they were paying players, why wouldn't they have paid those kids? makes no sense to let those guys out of state but be paying thomas who hadn't even shown any interest in uga.

Advertisement

I think in some cases, NFL money is what's going into players' pockets.

FSU would be foolish to damage relationships in Miami to teach this kid a lesson.

I don't see how they would be damaging relationships, FSU invested a lot of time in Thomas, among others, you can't have guys faltering once they put pen to paper

let me try again, uga had super 5-star studs within a drive of their campus and lost all of them to out of state schools. including schools like clemson and ohio st. so if they were paying players, why wouldn't they have paid those kids? makes no sense to let those guys out of state but be paying thomas who hadn't even shown any interest in uga.

Simple, they have enough cash to outbid FSU and UM. But not the some of the big money boys around the country. Not complicated at all.

Simple, they have enough cash to outbid FSU and UM. But not the some of the big money boys around the country. Not complicated at all.

uga has one of the largest ad's in the country and make a ****load of cash. pretty sure they're top 5 in the country in terms of revenue. not too many people outbidding them.

Advertisement
Back