Mathew Thomas wants out of FSU rumors?

i think the point he's trying to make is uga lost super studs like adams, nkemdiche, and bell last year. if they were doling out cash wouldn't they have paid up to keep those guys home instead of paying a kid who hasn't even so much as visited their campus? which makes more sense to you?

First of all, there's no money like NFL money; even uga's deep pockets couldn't compete with the perks and privileges the League brings. Besides, richt is not going to deny his players the once in a lifetime opportunity he recruited them on (see matt barkley)-----"look how many players I sent to the League" is a major recruiting tool.

Diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program are ALWAYS abreast of what is going on. It's a 5-hour drive from athens to tallahassee. What makes more sense is that if any of these diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program gets wind of a 5-star recruit from SFlorida wanting in on uga, a representative will be in contact with LOADS of incentives. Oh, he has FAMILY in ga?? Done. These people are deep: from atlanta to albany to jacksonville. The $ec is the most gangster conference in sports. And with their boss emmert, they can't lose.

what? not sure how that relates to anything i said.

let me try again, uga had super 5-star studs within a drive of their campus and lost all of them to out of state schools. including schools like clemson and ohio st. so if they were paying players, why wouldn't they have paid those kids? makes no sense to let those guys out of state but be paying thomas who hadn't even shown any interest in uga.

Simple, they have enough cash to outbid FSU and UM. But not the some of the big money boys around the country. Not complicated at all.

uga has one of the largest ad's in the country and make a ****load of cash. pretty sure they're top 5 in the country in terms of revenue. not too many people outbidding them.

Youre talking about football revenues for the school. Im talking about big money boosters, willing to pay recruits under the table. Two totally dif things.

Advertisement
First of all, there's no money like NFL money; even uga's deep pockets couldn't compete with the perks and privileges the League brings. Besides, richt is not going to deny his players the once in a lifetime opportunity he recruited them on (see matt barkley)-----"look how many players I sent to the League" is a major recruiting tool.

Diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program are ALWAYS abreast of what is going on. It's a 5-hour drive from athens to tallahassee. What makes more sense is that if any of these diehards/alumni/boosters/friends of the program gets wind of a 5-star recruit from SFlorida wanting in on uga, a representative will be in contact with LOADS of incentives. Oh, he has FAMILY in ga?? Done. These people are deep: from atlanta to albany to jacksonville. The $ec is the most gangster conference in sports. And with their boss emmert, they can't lose.

what? not sure how that relates to anything i said.

let me try again, uga had super 5-star studs within a drive of their campus and lost all of them to out of state schools. including schools like clemson and ohio st. so if they were paying players, why wouldn't they have paid those kids? makes no sense to let those guys out of state but be paying thomas who hadn't even shown any interest in uga.

Simple, they have enough cash to outbid FSU and UM. But not the some of the big money boys around the country. Not complicated at all.

uga has one of the largest ad's in the country and make a ****load of cash. pretty sure they're top 5 in the country in terms of revenue. not too many people outbidding them.

Youre talking about football revenues for the school. Im talking about big money boosters, willing to pay recruits under the table. Two totally dif things.

Maybe it's just me, but CANE's post makes no sense whatsoever unless he somehow incorrectly thought the guy's killa mentioned were guys that left UGA early to head to the NFL.

IF FSU releases MT:
FSU looks week, they got Thomas by default and by seeing the program first hand he does not want to be there
Other FSU recruits want to think about why this happened and maybe they made a bad decision.

IF FSU does not release MT:
ICE and friends call Jimbo racist and secretly plan to destroy his program
MT6 is redshirted or gest VERY limited playtime and is ****ed. (they have 2 linebackers who are solid in their spot and MT WILL NOT start or even get decent play time next year.. thats a fact)
when he gets some play time year 2 and is decent he gets out of FSU the first chance he gets to the NFL

either way its a mess for FSU.

I could say I wish him luck, but I would be lying to myself. I bs he pulled with kirkland and tried to pretend he didn't end up in Miami because of Kirkland situation while all along he never was considering MIami and throwing up the U is enough for me to put him in Keith Bryant category.

speaking of which did that cheesecake factory looking thing get the results for his ACT's?

IF FSU releases MT:
FSU looks week, they got Thomas by default and by seeing the program first hand he does not want to be there
Other FSU recruits want to think about why this happened and maybe they made a bad decision.

MT6 is redshirted or gest VERY limited playtime and is ****ed. (they have 2 linebackers who are solid in their spot and MT WILL NOT start or even get decent play time next year.. thats a fact)
when he gets some play time year 2 and is decent he gets out of FSU the first chance he gets to the NFL

I could say I wish him luck, but I would be lying to myself. I bs he pulled with kirkland and tried to pretend he didn't end up in Miami because of Kirkland situation while all along he never was considering MIami and throwing up the U is enough for me to put him in Keith Bryant category.

speaking of which did that cheesecake factory looking thing get the results for his ACT's?

Or they can release him but not let him go to the top 5 schools he had at the end

I think the best scenario is for FSU to advise him to go to prep school. He goes to prep school for a semester then enrolls in USC in January FSU doesn't look weak Thomas and USC get what they want.

Advertisement
IF FSU releases MT:

Good post, but I would be shocked if the bold part happen...

Remember... Beano, the respectable citzen that was trashing Miami in Twitter before signing day(and Ice right hand and head of football operations) is more pro FSU than that anvil head from warchant.

Nothing to see here...

LOL at anyone wanting to go across the country to play for Lane. It's a sinking ship over there. FWIW it is a really nice campus that happens to be next to the ghetto.

Where did UGA come from? Something getting weird with them all of a sudden.

A lot of pressure in that SEC arms race to stop 'Bama. Ole Miss joined it this past cycle and it looks like UGA is stepping their game up.
Now you think UGA is paying for a rail thin LB? Dont you think they would buy the in state DL players they lost first? Thomas doesn't want to go there he wants to go to USC

That rail thin LB happened to be the best LB in HS last year. And he was abut 205-210 in HS... I've read he already put on some weight. He will be 235 in no time.

i think the point he's trying to make is uga lost super studs like adams, nkemdiche, and bell last year. if they were doling out cash wouldn't they have paid up to keep those guys home instead of paying a kid who hasn't even so much as visited their campus? which makes more sense to you?

Maybe their recruiting budget wasn't that great for this past NLOID and after what they saw Bama and Ole Miss do they decided enough was enough and that 2013 recriuting would be different starting now.

I think the best scenario is for FSU to advise him to go to prep school. He goes to prep school for a semester then enrolls in USC in January FSU doesn't look weak Thomas and USC get what they want.

unless they plan on making him a non qualifier it doesn't work that way. They are either going to give him his release or force him to deal with a xfer after his frosh season if he's that adamant about leaving.

Advertisement
IF FSU releases MT:

I really think you are severely underestimating the kid's talent. I dont want him at FSU, his recruitment was more than just bragging rights, the kid is a beast, and I would be surprised if he didnt standout his first year. The biggest thing lost here in all of this is the reality that FSU is gonna lose out on a rare talent, which is to our advantage.

He is the best defensive prospect from Dade since college legend Willie Williams.

He is still a BEAST prospect, but this kind of stuff does raise some red flags.

/end thread

IF FSU releases MT:

I really think you are severely underestimating the kid's talent. I dont want him at FSU, his recruitment was more than just bragging rights, the kid is a beast, and I would be surprised if he didnt standout his first year. The biggest thing lost here in all of this is the reality that FSU is gonna lose out on a rare talent, which is to our advantage.

never said he is not talented, but it takes allot more then talent to play at a college level freshman year. (learning the playbook) AND on top of it he will be competing against 2 good linebackers who will end up being drafted pretty high.

His sophomore, junior year he may be a great star or a bust you never know. Nothing is guaranteed.

all I am saying is *** FSU!

IF FSU releases MT:

never said he is not talented, but it takes allot more then talent to play at a college level freshman year. (learning the playbook) AND on top of it he will be competing against 2 good linebackers who will end up being drafted pretty high.

His sophomore, junior year he may be a great star or a bust you never know. Nothing is guaranteed.

MT is also a lot more than just physically talented. He looked like one of the more instinctive LBs down here in a long while.

Advertisement
IF FSU releases MT:

The two starters they have outside is C Jones and T Smith. Both those guys after that its wide open. Also one of the strengths of Thomas was that he has a high football IQ plus his versatility. It hurts them even more because of the system Pruitt will try to run, which is way different than what Stoops ran. Like I said very surprised if this kid didnt make an impact his first year. The good news is that now we probably will not have to ever face him.

15.gif

Five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas (Miami/Booker T. Washington) is the crown jewel of Florida State's recent recruiting class. The Seminoles were believed to have lured Thomas away from the hometown Miami Hurricanes.

Whatever Florida State was able to accomplish recruiting Thomas, he is no longer interested in playing for the Seminoles. And he doesn't want to play closer to home.

"Booker T. Washington linebacker Matthew Thomas said Monday he is seeking a release from his scholarship so he can sign with Georgia or USC," Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reported.

Florida State will attempt to convince Thomas to stay before he is given the opportunity to transfer. The Seminoles may even decide to play hardball with Thomas.

"At this point, my guess is that FSU would turn down the release request because (1) it didn't force Thomas to sign there and (2) his reason for the request is not for more compelling reasons, such as to play closer to home or to be near an ill family member, etc,"Michael Carvell of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote. "There's a lot of public sympathy there. However, if Thomas sticks by his guns and this drags into the summer, it could turn into a public relations nightmare for FSU and the NCAA."

ESPN RecruitingNation's Kipp Adams agrees with Carvell.

"Highly doubt FSU releases (Thomas). Expect them to visit his family soon," Adams tweeted.

If Florida State won't release Thomas from his scholarship, he can file an appeal with the NCAA's Eligibility Center.

If the Seminoles' staff eventually releases Thomas from his letter of intent, Georgia may be the likely destination.

“I’ve been in Miami all my life," Thomas told Navarro. "Georgia needs linebackers. It’s a big program. I have family in Georgia."

Thomas' family is now believed to behind the linebacker's decision to transfer after initially pushing him towards Florida State. But, USC is still a long way from home. Georgia may be the perfect compromise for Thomas and his family.

Florida State, meanwhile, will have two options at their disposal if Thomas leaves the program.

"Well, attention will turn in earnest to continuing to build the 2014 recruiting class, and perhaps looking for another elite linebacker who could take Thomas' place on the roster a year late," Coley Harvey of the Orlando Sentinel wrote. "Since April, four-star linebacker from Jacksonville, Kain Daub, has been one of the Seminoles' most firm 2014 commitments.

"There is also the junior college route, or even the Division I route. The Seminoles could add another player to the 2013 roster from another FBS school if that player has or will be graduating during this spring's commencement exercises."

Advertisement
As much as I'd love for this kid to leave FSU high and dry, I want to know why exactly he has chosen not to follow through with his commitment? I'd like as much negative details about that ****** school and its football program released to the news media and general public as possible, please and thank you!

Ok we don't know where he's going but since he's clearly not coming here there's no need to gush about his talent so can we please stop sucking his **** and focus on kids that we actually have a legitimate shot at, thank you

**** fsu
Go canes:neonu:

I wonder if GA offered his family more money?

As much as I'd love for this kid to leave FSU high and dry, I want to know why exactly he has chosen not to follow through with his commitment? I'd like as much negative details about that ****ty school and its football program released to the news media and general public as possible, please and thank you!

Advertisement
Back