Mathew Thomas wants out of FSU rumors?

Advertisement
I know this is wishful thinking, but how about this scenario. F$U doesn't let him out, he goes out of state to a JUCO, realizes he is homesick and the 305 ain't so bad, and decides to go to The U in '14? What are the chances?

I know this is wishful thinking, but how about this scenario. F$U doesn't let him out, he goes out of state to a JUCO, realizes he is homesick and the 305 ain't so bad, and decides to go to The U in '14? What are the chances?

Probably the same as the chances of me gettin straight As this semester, and seeing as how I already know I got a B, I'd say they aren't very good.

he played us. kept pretending he was interested. At least he just announced. Keith Bryant tried to embarass us by saying "THE Florida State University"

Advertisement
he played us. kept pretending he was interested. At least he just announced. Keith Bryant tried to embarass us by saying "THE Florida State University"

Its safe to say keith Bryant will never be heard from again. The kid is genuinely stupid

Best defensive prospect I've seen in a long time, but this process really has revealed some issues with his mentality. The more I hear "this team needs LBs (read: this is an easier path)," the more I wonder if he'll be up to the inevitable struggle it takes to go from a great prospect to a great player.

I get the sense Thomas already realized he would like to stay home...the first thing he said was "they won't let me stay in conference" and we were the only other school in the conference he looked at. He signed his own death warrant on signing day in that regard, but I find it telling.

Advertisement
Knowing about a kid and school cheating the system by taking/giving cash, and staying silent, is pathetic. It kills our school when this **** happens, speak up and we might actually lock our backyard up again. Smfh.

Knowing about a kid and school cheating the system by taking/giving cash, and staying silent, is pathetic. It kills our school when this **** happens, speak up and we might actually lock our backyard up again. Smfh.

You're a naive kind of guy aren't you?

Someone please expain the LOI to me.

So MT can't sign with any FBS school unless FSU releases him BUT can he sign with a FCS school?

And I'm not familiar with the school systems in america but can't MT just go back to HS for a another year and next fall sign with USC if FSU won't release him?

So MT can't sign with any FBS school unless FSU releases him BUT can he sign with a FCS school?

And I'm not familiar with the school systems in america but can't MT just go back to HS for a another year and next fall sign with USC if FSU won't release him?

he can't sign with any NLI programs which are:
NLI Membership…
627 NCAA Division I and II institutions are NLI members.
Not NLI members:
Ivy League, Service Academies, Division III institutions,
NAIA institutions, preparatory schools and junior

he can't just go back to HS unless he failed to graduate HS and he can't just go to prep school unless he's doesn't qualify for the school he signed his NLI. If he went to Juco he would have to graduate from Juco before he could xfer to another NLI school or he could sit out two years by either going prep a year and then doing one year residence at the new school or just sitting at home for two years.

Advertisement

he can't sign with any NLI programs which are:
NLI Membership…
627 NCAA Division I and II institutions are NLI members.
Not NLI members:
Ivy League, Service Academies, Division III institutions,
NAIA institutions, preparatory schools and junior

he can't just go back to HS unless he failed to graduate HS and he can't just go to prep school unless he's doesn't qualify for the school he signed his NLI. If he went to Juco he would have to graduate from Juco before he could xfer to another NLI school or he could sit out two years by either going prep a year and then doing one year residence at the new school or just sitting at home for two years.

He could also just suck it up and stick to his commitment. We all make mistakes. Some of us make more than most, but, generally speaking, none of us have the national media at our beck and call to try to weasel our way out of a promise or a contract.
This kid burned his bridge with Miami, and every time he opens his mouth he is burning his bridge with the school he spent numerous months deciding upon.
Was it the wrong choice? In my mind even getting off the 10 to officially step foot in Tally is the wrong choice, but he made it so live with it.
Just seems that as this drags on, his future team mates are going to become less welcoming to him to say the least.
I wouldn't be surprised if Matthew Thomas becomes one of those cautionary tales like Cecil Collins, Lawrence Phillips or my all time favorite waste of talent, Earl Manigault.

I feel the same way about the running back who told his family he was committing to UM and then decided to play on hog farm.

Best defensive prospect I've seen in a long time, but this process really has revealed some issues with his mentality. The more I hear "this team needs LBs (read: this is an easier path)," the more I wonder if he'll be up to the inevitable struggle it takes to go from a great prospect to a great player.

Advertisement
The thing that really scares me here is wondering what happens IF FSU does release his LOI. Recruits, especially in South Florida, are going to think it's okay to sign to a school and not be 100 percent to the school. If it wasn't enough for these high schoolers to get all the media and limelight up to NSD, they can extend it if they seemingly decide that, "Hey, **** it. FSU isn't for me."

That is a seriously scary thought. If this release happens, SFla kids are going to hear about it (obviously). I hope these kids down here don't all of a sudden think that their entitlement gets to grow a little bit more as they can ultimately ditch out of s LOI if they so choose before they actually leave their homes and start classes at their previously desired destination.

Jesus, **** you MT6, **** you.

Advertisement
Back