Mark this down as the date Rick lost the fanbase

And the problem isnt the play calling, but the play concepts, so Brown is a non starter if hes calling plays out of Richts play book.

True but I’ll maintain that they are also unimaginative in playcalls. The problem is situational playcalling, calling plays that suit your talent and smart plays. They are all problems on this team. You’re right, though, i think all teams share 60-80% of the same plays - it’s those extra 20-40%, knowing when to call them and knowing which ones work with your talent that separate good offenses from our ****show

Advertisement
True but I’ll maintain that they are also unimaginative in playcalls. The problem is situational playcalling, calling plays that suit your talent and smart plays. They are all problems on this team. You’re right, though, i think all teams share 60-80% of the same plays - it’s those extra 20-40%, knowing when to call them and knowing which ones work with your talent that separate good offenses from our ****show
Its all a disaster... it just kills me. We never throw to JT4 in space or throw the bubble screen to him. There are no rub routes to get our faster players a chance to run... I could go on, but we all know.

Pretty ironic if, the week after a huge win against our rival, the tailspin begins. I realize the signs have been there, but last night was just pathetic.

I woke up today feeling defeated for this same reason. We are really screwed this time. And frankly, I no longer have the energy and don’t think I can do another 4 years of fighting to get this program back like we did with Golden.
It’s over, old buddy. They ain’t firing this guy, and I’m not even going to waste my energy thinking about it or trying to rally the troops.

We’re stuck with this dope until he decides to retire. Hopefully, he has enough love for UM that he will put his ego aside and hire a real OC.

Advertisement
He benched Perry after a horrible beginning to the game.

A kid that just picked up a monster come from behind win against our arch rival

He didn’t put in a Cade Weldon or Jarren Williams (not specifically those guys so don’t take it literally) to add a “spark” to the offense

No, he stuck in a mediocre QB that is the anti-spark. A couple of series somehow trumped 1.5 years of the same old crap.

As soon as Perry was benched, I’m not afraid to say I was so ****ed off I shut the ******* game off. No way in **** I was going to waste my night watching another episode of the sitcom: The Richt/Rosier Offense

UM finally got what it wanted.

de-emphasis on football and a fanbase that no longer has to energy to fight them about it.

sad.

It’s over, old buddy. They ain’t firing this guy, and I’m not even going to waste my energy thinking about it or trying to rally the troops.

We’re stuck with this dope until he decides to retire. Hopefully, he has enough love for UM that he will put his ego aside and hire a real OC.

You force him into retirement.

That is a definite heartbreaker. We are indeed stuck with him. That makes me sick to my stomach. After that inside kick with three minutes to go when your defense was playing elite football, I was beyond done.
The heartbreak is knowing you're stuck with this sh1tshow for three to five more years.

Advertisement
I'm hoping the former players that have been around and were involved in his hiring "Vilma" will speak up to him at some point and tell him he needs an OC that spreads the ball around.

No reason why we can't run an Oklahoma style offense especially with the defense we have. You wouldn't see us struggle in games like this.

I mean we know our Oline is a weakness so scheme something that helps them and give your QB some time

Huh.

Former players involved in his hiring?

He benched Perry after a horrible beginning to the game.

A kid that just picked up a monster come from behind win against our arch rival

He didn’t put in a Cade Weldon or Jarren Williams (not specifically those guys so don’t take it literally) to add a “spark” to the offense

No, he stuck in a mediocre QB that is the anti-spark. A couple of series somehow trumped 1.5 years of the same old crap.

As soon as Perry was benched, I’m not afraid to say I was so ****ed off I shut the ******* game off. No way in **** I was going to waste my night watching another episode of the sitcom: The Richt/Rosier Offense

Exactly, it makes no sense to bench Perry and put Rosier in.

Why would you stick it out with Perry with a higher deficit against FSU but not with a close game against Virginia. Rosier will never play football again after college and you bench our future????? CMR is in outer space! A deer in headlights. Offense of play calling is mediocre at best. Hire a **** OC!!! I feel sorry for Manny and his defense. Played their *** off, for what??!!??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Exactly, it makes no sense to bench Perry and put Rosier in.
We needed a QB that makes plays. Perry is clearly the one for that role

Yes he was playing like **** but he played like **** against FSU in the first half too. You let that kid take his lumps

Advertisement
Back